Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Stephensville UFO

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,295 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 30 October 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Yes, and I'm actually surprised at the responses about not knowing much of it.

after looking at the detail somemore I am suprised this hasnt been thrashed to death like say the pheonix lights....its stayed under the radar quite a bit which is suprising (something the Stephenville ufo didnt manage lol)

edit to add: seen any decent explanations for this?

Edited by quillius, 30 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#17    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,785 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Not really. I have to read up on it again.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#18    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

after looking at the detail somemore I am suprised this hasnt been thrashed to death like say the pheonix lights....its stayed under the radar quite a bit which is suprising (something the Stephenville ufo didnt manage lol)

edit to add: seen any decent explanations for this?

This is the only attempt at a non UFO explanation I've seen
http://www.csicop.or...ually_happened/

#19    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,295 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postdr no, on 30 October 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

This is the only attempt at a non UFO explanation I've seen
http://www.csicop.or...ually_happened/

thanks Dr No.
I had come across this 'debunk' but found it quite weak and short, indicating it as more of a hand waving excercise IMO.

I do have issues with various parts but the most obvious is the cherry picking he does on the witness testimony to coincide with flares. Much of teh testimony noted the extreme size of the object, many also noted the military jets and how these seemed to be chasing the object. Throw in the fact that the object was seen upto 9.30pm that evening, his information says that the last group of 4 x F16s left the area at 6.58pm, even if they dropped flares upon leaving this would only have a life of 4 minutes taking us to 7.02pm.

I guess we will see what transpires through this thread.

what is your opinion on the incident being explained by flares?

Edited by quillius, 30 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#20    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,684 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

hi q.... nice thread :tu: i had looked into the stephenville case in the past and always thought it had a natural signature to it... i drew that conclusion based on david caron's video capture... i don't know whether there are any other elements which i might have missed, so it's nice to see differing arguments put forth... cheers

Posted Image

#21    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

thanks Zoser, I think this may form part of the report/analysis from my link on post #8.

I will watch videos tonight hopefully and go through the report in finer detail.

Hopefully some of the old times (old in terms of experience rather than age) will give us some good information/ opinions so we can really get stuck into the detail of the case....

It's certainly a well supported case Q.

I didn't want to bombard the thread with too many vids, so I'll make this the last one.

The testimony of Ricky Sorrels is one of my favourite.

It carries that sincerity and I believe what he says.

Only a short testimony but he describes it in a lot of detail.

Posted Image

#22    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,295 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postzoser, on 30 October 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

It's certainly a well supported case Q.

I didn't want to bombard the thread with too many vids, so I'll make this the last one.

The testimony of Ricky Sorrels is one of my favourite.

It carries that sincerity and I believe what he says.

Only a short testimony but he describes it in a lot of detail.

funnily enough I was just looking into Sorrels and the possible 'harrasment' he aludes to.

I will find any transcripts and post them as this is sometimes easier for everyone to disect, also easier for those unable to view/listen to videos.

appreciate the courtesy in not bombarding thread with videos :tu:

#23    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,295 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 30 October 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

hi q.... nice thread :tu: i had looked into the stephenville case in the past and always thought it had a natural signature to it... i drew that conclusion based on david caron's video capture... i don't know whether there are any other elements which i might have missed, so it's nice to see differing arguments put forth... cheers

good to see you join the party mcrom....very glad you mentioned david carons video, I agree this does look atmospheric even though highly spectacular. However, his video was filmed (I believe) 10 days after the main event on January 8th......

maybe more digging required into this one mate?

#24    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,684 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

good to see you join the party mcrom....very glad you mentioned david carons video, I agree this does look atmospheric even though highly spectacular. However, his video was filmed (I believe) 10 days after the main event on January 8th......

maybe more digging required into this one mate?

there, you see, that's why i love these discussions... :tu:

yes he saw that on the 19th...

http://stephenvillel...s_video002.html

part of the flap?

:yes:

#25    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,182 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

So was there only one anomalous radar return during this event? How many UFO's were spotted in total during the flap? Has it been determined that the radar return was legitimate and not because of some malfunction or error? What is Angelia Joiner's take on a coverup and how credible is she?

Just a few questions after a quick overview of the case. It does seem interesting, I'll have to find time to look a bit more. Thanks for bringing this one up Quill, should be fun. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#26    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Use low speed camera shutter or video to catch fast moving orb or orbs, I got some these on my blog.

Edited by Star Man, 30 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,489 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

@ quillius ! This is what will be on the books forever ! The radar hits,and trying to prove them when theres no-way in hell that the DOD ,FAA,anyone will release the actual data.
MUFON,And the Powers that be have already buried  this event !
But in my book theres way too many people that did see this sighting. And the Jets,Do people really think that so many people are Idiots ?
Something did go thru that sky that night. Too bad we cant see better  the Truth.
I would like to think that someday we could actually get some factual proof ! Evidence,BITS  & Pieces ! :tu:
But this Is my Fav so far as sightings go !
next to my own. That's a Fact -JACK !

This is a Work in Progress!

#28    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,978 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

funnily enough I was just looking into Sorrels and the possible 'harrasment' he aludes to.

I will find any transcripts and post them as this is sometimes easier for everyone to disect, also easier for those unable to view/listen to videos.

appreciate the courtesy in not bombarding thread with videos :tu:

Gidday Mate

“I don’t know how you can make a piece of metal that large with no bolts, rivets, seams or welds. I’ve never seen anything like this.”
- Ricky Sorrells, Metal Welder and Machinist, Dublin, Texas

What do you reckon of Sorrels? This is as insane as McKinnon saying he could not make out seams on the half downloaded grainy pic that he states is a spaceship, why do these people say they can make out detail like that? They cannot. A mile long thing 300 feet up in the sky and he expects to make out rivets?

MEANING THAT YOU’VE SEEN EVERY ASPECT OF WELDING AND WORKING WITH METAL, BUT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING THAT SEEMED TO BE A GIGANTIC MOLD?

Correct, it was like a huge, single mold. That’s it exactly, yes ma’am.

I mean with all due respect, BS. He can make out rivets and screws at 300 feet?

RICKY, HOW HIGH DO YOU THINK THE SURFACE COVERING EVERYTHING ABOVE YOU, HOW HIGH WAS THAT ABOVE YOU?

I believe it to be right at 300 feet. The reason I think this is because I’ve been on grain elevators. When I was growing up, I worked in a grain elevator for my Dad. What we had was a 90-foot elevator. So, I put three of these together in my head from where I was at and that’s how I get the height.

And with the mile long bit, you and mcrom (gidday mcrom old mate!! :st ) mention the Caron video, this video is of a wonky camera filming the star Sirius

Which honestly seems rather comparable?

and we have a photo from one Constable Lee Roy Gaitan below:

Posted Image

How do they support:

It is huge! I’ve actually been back into the woods and looked. In my mind, I did the football field measurement. I know it was longer than 3 football fields.

WHICH WOULD BE 900 TO 1,000 FEET LONG.

Yes.

THERE WAS AN ESTIMATE BY ANOTH ER EYEWITNESS IN YOUR AREA WHO I BELIEVE SAID THEY WERE ESTIMATING WHAT THEY SAW WAS A MILE BY A HALF MILE.

Yes, ma’am, that’s what I’ve heard.

THAT WOULD BE 5,280 FEET BY HALF THAT.

Yes.

DO YOU THINK IT’S FEASIBLE THAT WHAT WAS ABOVE YOU THE FIRST OF JANUARY OUT IN YOUR WOODS COULD HAVE BEEN A MILE LONG?

With relationship with the other two I seen after this over pretty much the same spot, from my third time I seen it, if it was, it would not surprise me. I have not seen any edges on this thing, on any three sightings. I have basically seen flat surfaces. If it were, it wouldn’t surprise me because in my trees there, I just went from as far as I could see one way to as far as I could see another way and figured it was three hundred yards.

A one mile long craft takes that picture????

I am not saying people did not see anything, I really cannot say, the people in Phoenix saw something, and it was not a mile long delta craft by any means. Whatever truth there is to this story is being very distorted by the enthusiasts. The Mufon report seems to think stars are the answer (not for Sorrells obviously), and looking at the video, it seems much more plausible than a 500-1,000 foot craft.

And all those radar returns never showed it leaving the earth. Something that big is not going to just slip by, so if it was a humungous spaceship, it is still here. But I suspect it was more the same reason for a very large single craft at Phoenix.

And what they saw in Phoenix was.........

Edited by psyche101, 31 October 2013 - 04:13 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#29    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,295 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 30 October 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

there, you see, that's why i love these discussions... :tu:

yes he saw that on the 19th...

http://stephenvillel...s_video002.html

part of the flap?

:yes:

me too mate. glad you mention the word 'flap' as I think, as mentioned earlier, this could indeed be a flap rather than an isolated event.

View PostSlave2Fate, on 30 October 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

So was there only one anomalous radar return during this event? How many UFO's were spotted in total during the flap? Has it been determined that the radar return was legitimate and not because of some malfunction or error? What is Angelia Joiner's take on a coverup and how credible is she?

Just a few questions after a quick overview of the case. It does seem interesting, I'll have to find time to look a bit more. Thanks for bringing this one up Quill, should be fun. :tu:

Hey S2F, you mention flap also....:)

some good questions, I have a few myself....guess we will need to try and answer some

its worth reading teh MUFON report IMO as a good starting point. (post #8 has the link)

#30    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,295 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 31 October 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Gidday Mate

What do you reckon of Sorrels? This is as insane as McKinnon saying he could not make out seams on the half downloaded grainy pic that he states is a spaceship, why do these people say they can make out detail like that? They cannot. A mile long thing 300 feet up in the sky and he expects to make out rivets?

I mean with all due respect, BS. He can make out rivets and screws at 300 feet?

And with the mile long bit, you and mcrom (gidday mcrom old mate!! :st ) mention the Caron video, this video is of a wonky camera filming the star Sirius

A one mile long craft takes that picture????

I am not saying people did not see anything, I really cannot say, the people in Phoenix saw something, and it was not a mile long delta craft by any means. Whatever truth there is to this story is being very distorted by the enthusiasts. The Mufon report seems to think stars are the answer (not for Sorrells obviously), and looking at the video, it seems much more plausible than a 500-1,000 foot craft.

And all those radar returns never showed it leaving the earth. Something that big is not going to just slip by, so if it was a humungous spaceship, it is still here. But I suspect it was more the same reason for a very large single craft at Phoenix.

And what they saw in Phoenix was.........

haha ..... straight on the attack ay?.....wouldnt expect any less.

the video though is not from the event on January 8th, it was this event that had the multiple witnesses (with size of a mile references) not Carons video.

As for Sorrell, maybe a good idea would be for me to try and list all witnesses and the dates of their sighting and we can work through witness at a time...(I hope they dont have so much as a parking ticket otherwise God help them)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users