Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

The Grey wants to attack us?!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

So, I read in another thread(unrelated to this subject) that there is a. Theory that we are at war with the Grey(the typical "Roswell Alien")...

What are your thoughts? Are Aliens from another planet really coming to earth? Are we Curently ingaged in a conflict with them?

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

If they came here to fight, we'd be dust already.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,055 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Didn't Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum blow up their mothership though?

Edited by Rlyeh, 30 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#4    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Are Aliens from another planet really coming to earth? Are we Curently ingaged in a conflict with them?

No and no.

There is not a scrap of credible evidence to suggest either scenario.

*patiently waits for Zoser to post Travis Walton crap again*

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#5    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 30 October 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

If they came here to fight, we'd be dust already.

That was my thought, but there seems to be a strong belief that they showed up around WW2 when we started Atomic testing, and haven't had the most possitive of intent for us..

So there must be something that makes people think this...

#6    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

It's called "science fiction". It's not real.

#7    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostMidyin, on 30 October 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

That was my thought, but there seems to be a strong belief that they showed up around WW2 when we started Atomic testing, and haven't had the most possitive of intent for us..

Would you have a positive intent for a lesser race if they went nuclear?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#8    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

True,... It would seem that some people have a hard time separating the two. Fact from fiction.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#9    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think you have to determine whether the "greys" exist before we get to wondering if they're at war with us.

#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postdr no, on 30 October 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I think you have to determine whether the "greys" exist before we get to wondering if they're at war with us.

Well, that's not gonna happen.

If they enslaved humans at all, would they do it by race? Imagine the can of worms that would open.

#11    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostHazzard, on 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

True,... It would seem that some people have a hard time separating the two. Fact from fiction.

This nonsense is nothing new. Once flying saucers became a national craze, "contactees" came forth saying that they were in communication with these beings who were piloting these craft from other worlds. The "messages" were fluff full of warnings about nuclear weapons, ecological destruction and how the world would soon end. Other claimed that evil aliens were plotting to take over the Earth. Some of them gained fanatical followings without the help of the Internet or free long distance phone calls even though their stories made little sense.

Hardly anyone believes these people were really chatting with aliens now but with the successful revival of the Ancient Astronaut business it's possible that someone is trying to get the contactee business going again. The Internet now gives these con-artists a direct line to suckers and their money.

#12    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,573 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostMidyin, on 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

What are your thoughts? Are Aliens from another planet really coming to earth? Are we Curently ingaged in a conflict with them?

LOLOSAURUS  !

Yes they are attacking us sending a spaceship every like 5 years or so. They are studying us first. It must be a very important pre-war function likely to develop "destructive" weapons like the one below;

Posted Image

#13    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,635 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

View Postphantasia, on 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Are Aliens from another planet really coming to earth? Are we Curently ingaged in a conflict with them?

No and no.

Travis Walton. . .? Hmm, now. Didn't he play power forward in the '90's for the Portland Trailblazers?

But, "seriously," folks. Apparently some people sincerely believe we've been visited, and some have been subjected to invasive medical procedures via the umbilicus, or whatever; and some credulously believe alien abductions have taken place. What always has puzzled me is how some true believers have created a veritable pantheon of aliens, a certain typology: Greys, greens, reptilians, pseudo-humanoid, bug-eyes, melonheads, spindly-legged, peaceniks, warmongers---oh, you know what I mean. How can we know so much about 'em if they ain't fer real, eh, Cletus?

I've never been visited, nor probed--nor am I asking for it--and I don't know anyone personally who has. As for being in conflict with potential visitants, I'd think they would simply leave us the heck alone with some variation of the "There's no intelligent life down there" argument.

But people will continue to heed the final line of the reporter in the original movie "The Thing:"  'Watch the skies! Keep watching!'

And tomorrow is Halloween, after all. Make sure you pacify the melonheads and bug-eyes, so we don't have intergalactic war break out. I'm not sure how well this Administration would handle that. . .

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#14    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,551 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostMidyin, on 30 October 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

It's a question I've often asked, how could any ET race respond so quickly to that? If we assume that the 1947 flurry was the start of the ETs' interest in earnest, how could it have been in response to the Atom bomb? The first of those was only let off in 1945, and so these ETs would have had to have been less than one Light year away, even if they'd decided to respond immediately (and why I've no idea), and they'd been able to travel at the speed of Light to get here. Since even the nearest star is 4.2 light years away, it would have taken at the very quickest 8 1/2 years to respond to that. They could only have done so if they'd come from somewhere inside the Solar system, and they were already monitoring the Earth. So I'm really not sure if that theory has a leg to stand on.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postphantasia, on 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

No and no.

In respect of the OP I would say let's pray they don't declare war.  The way they go about things is a little scary; arriving in your bedroom, sleep paralysis, being walked through walls, being laid on a slab, bug eyed creatures looking into your mind, injections in your sensitive parts.............

It never happened to TW by the way Mrs P.  That was just cinema.

Instead he came up against some little grey men who ran away when he brandished a bar.  Then came a well toned male and then a bra less female:

A bit like this:

Posted Image

Looks like he got away pretty lightly!

Edited by zoser, 30 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users