Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

former canadian defence minister on aliens

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,192 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Now this one is a very interesting official declaration.

Zoser..you'd love this one...  the minister is describing numerous alien races, interstellar politics, etc...

Edited by qxcontinuum, 30 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#2    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

o god no

#3    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Has the UFO season gone into reruns already? There's a reason this guy is a former defense minister.

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,101 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

QX you're a little late, this was posted, and ripped to shreds earlier, allow me to post one of my responses

so the only thing I can really see that causes a stir is that he is an ex Defence Minister. Who in later years has began to reveal he believes in ET.

So in the respect, he is no more credible than you or I stating what we believe in. None of us have proof of ET or proof of contact, so just stating what you believe is neither here nor there.

Read this article after Ive quoted this bit from it:

quote:  "For someone like Hellyer, however - a guy who once stood at the pinnacle of the Canadian political system, and then proceeded to flush his once-promising career down the toilet over a period of three decades, to the point where he exists now as little more than the answer to a trivia question ("what idiot put the Canadian navy and air force in army green?") - it isn't the size of the pond that matters anymore, but the size of the fish. Particularly when he's the fish.

Most important to the ETH proponents (and their more radical off-shoots, the True Believers), he was a VIP (sure, that was forty years ago, but they'll take what they can get these days).

He was going to blow the roof off the joint.

He was going to expose secrets.

In the words of one of the event organizers when he introduced Hellyer this past Sunday, "we are here today witnessing history."

As Hellyer's fellow speaker, exopolitics-activist / conspiracy theorist Steven Bassett, wrote:

"The Toronto Symposium will break new ground. It will mark the first time in history that any defense minister or secretary of defense of any first world nation (and possibly any nation) will state publicly that he or she is convinced the UFO phenomenon is extraterrestrial in origin."

And then The Big Fish opened his mouth.

THUD.

In short, it seems that the Big Fish has become the Big Flop.

Why?

Because they've finally figured out that he doesn't know anything, at least not in an official capacity.

Worse, he's not just another believer. He's an exopolitical, Phil Corso-reading believer.

More

http://redstarfilms....fish-flops.html

Prev thread (which didnt last very long)

http://www.unexplain...r

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I kinda feel sorry for that guy.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postscowl, on 30 October 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Has the UFO season gone into reruns already? There's a reason this guy is a former defense minister.

Why do you always need a reservation Mr S?

Posted Image

#7    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,192 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

I personally find extremely interesting that  a former minister and by such rank will come forward making such strong claims.
Although my believes towards UFO's are very dimmed right now, I cannot easily digest the scenario that this guy is another "nut case"

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postseeder, on 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

QX you're a little late, this was posted, and ripped to shreds earlier, allow me to post one of my responses

so the only thing I can really see that causes a stir is that he is an ex Defence Minister. Who in later years has began to reveal he believes in ET.

Better to take the content piece by piece and comment on it rather than make baseless umbrella statements.

So what are your points against his address?

View Postqxcontinuum, on 30 October 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

I personally find extremely interesting that  a former minister and by such rank will come forward making such strong claims.
Although my believes towards UFO's are very dimmed right now, I cannot easily digest the scenario that this guy is another "nut case"

Me neither but I'm only half way through.  I'll give you my thoughts shortly.  Thanks for sharing.

Posted Image

#9    Universal Being

Universal Being

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

This is one guy I find of interest.

I have viewed quite a bit of his material and can not see any reason for him to openly and blatanly lie.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
-Albert Einstein

#10    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postscowl, on 30 October 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Exactly.  No matter the topic, truth-telling while in office is most rare and usually leads to quick retirement.  Think Jocelyn Elders.

#11    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 30 October 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Exactly.  No matter the topic, truth-telling while in office is most rare and usually leads to quick retirement.  Think Jocelyn Elders.

yups, he was sacked for simply opening his mouth... good thing they didn't kill him... :rolleyes:

View Postseeder, on 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

And then The Big Fish opened his mouth.

THUD.

In short, it seems that the Big Fish has become the Big Flop.

Why?

Because they've finally figured out that he doesn't know anything, at least not in an official capacity.

Worse, he's not just another believer. He's an exopolitical, Phil Corso-reading believer.

:whistle:

#12    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

It was a weird address.

He laid out a few snippets that are pretty common knowledge about different types of aliens.  Linda M Howe gets a mention as does Charles Hall and his famous description of the 'Tall Whites'.

He makes out that he is holding a couple of pieces of information back on the basis that it would not be good for us to know and that it may all come out some time in the future.

He then goes on to describe the US working with aliens, and a conspiracy theory involving elite groups of individuals (iIluminati) who he thinks have some grand plan that is against the public interest and against which there is no defense.

He finished with a new age style appeal that to embrace our spirituality and reach out to all forms of life would be in out best interests.

Weird.  Painfully short on detail.

I learned nothing new there myself, but I'm more intrigued by why he would make such a curious seemingly empty address?

Edited by zoser, 30 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

#13    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,192 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

the point is regardless if true or false if an official is still empowered , he cannot make disclosures of any kinds. The fact that he did not do it in the past doesn't prove really anything...

#14    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 30 October 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

It was a weird address.

He laid out a few snippets that are pretty common knowledge about different types of aliens.  Linda M Howe gets a mention as does Charles Hall and his famous description of the 'Tall Whites'.

He makes out that he is holding a couple of pieces of information back on the basis that it would not be good for us to know and that it may all come out some time in the future.

He then goes on to describe the US working with aliens, and a conspiracy theory involving elite groups of individuals (iIluminati) who he thinks have some grand plan that is against the public interest and against which there is no defense.

He finished with a new age style appeal that to embrace out spirituality and reach out to all forms of life would be in out best interests.

Weird.  Painfully short on detail.

I learned nothing new there myself, but I'm more intrigued by why he would make such a curious seemingly empty address?

Exactly. An interesting ramble though. Another persons perspective I guess.

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 30 October 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

the point is regardless if true or false if an official is still empowered , he cannot make disclosures of any kinds. The fact that he did not do it in the past doesn't prove really anything...

Agreed.

But all of that info could have been gleaned off the internet in less than a couple of hours.   Does that help to validate anything or is it just Chinese whispers?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users