Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Weird Sounds In The Night?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    werewolflvr96

werewolflvr96

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

When i was walking my dogs about 11:35 i heard from the right of me loud screeches like a banshee. It really hurt my ears and i ran inside afterwards because i feared for my life.

The exponential wanderer.

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,981 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Sounds like someone was trying to scare you or you heard one of any number of nocturnal animals that make horrendous noises at night.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

What kind of wild animals do you have where you live?

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 9,822 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Foxes, they make some really weird sounds, the ones like a baby crying is spooky.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postwerewolflvr96, on 31 October 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

When i was walking my dogs about 11:35 i heard from the right of me loud screeches like a banshee. It really hurt my ears and i ran inside afterwards because i feared for my life.

Do we need to make another list of animals that make "loud screeches" in the night?  Because it's fairly long if we do.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

What you need is a horny male gecko in your bedroom in the middle of the night.

#7    werewolflvr96

werewolflvr96

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I LIVE IN VIRGINIA.

#8    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Foxes can make some pretty horrible sounds, and sometimes sound like a woman screaming.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#9    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

I had that happen to me a few years back. I would take long walks every night, and sometimes I would hear a loud Screatch like that. Sometimes it sounded really close, but it never hurt me... Also my uncle(a trapper & logger) told me that it was a skunk...

#10    werewolflvr96

werewolflvr96

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the input guys, it took my mind of the noise

#11    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Probably fox scream or owl screech. Some owls make some scary noises. Maybe take someone with you next time you go for a walk, also a camera and a flashlight just in case.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#12    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,270 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Deer noises are freaky

#13    aimlesswalk

aimlesswalk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I walked aimlessly and then sat down awhile and then walked aimlessly again.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Reminds me of a night I spent camping in a forest quite a few years ago now and during the night I could have sworn I heard screeching and wailing sounds coming from some distance away.

#14    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,669 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postwerewolflvr96, on 31 October 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Possibly foxes.  I've had a few experiences with hearing screaming women's voices in the wee hours of the morning, and associating it with paranormal events that I later realised was more likely to have been animal noises like foxes.  Did it sound anything like the sounds from 0:30 - 1:10 in this video?  I know what it's like to hear these kind of sounds in the wee hours of the morning when you're alone and out doing some urban exploring.  It can freeze you in your steps and convince your brain that something terrible is responsible for what you've just heard and is after you.  The flight or fight instinct can kick in and lead you to freeze solid in front of your TV or computer in the middle of the night (or in the middle of the road when out exploring at 3am) or to you bolting it straight to your bedroom and huddling under the bedsheets in fear (or running like a crazy person home from your nighttime exploration when you hear foxes mating or screaming and thinking it's a banshee).

Anyway, listen to all of the following and see if it could match the sounds you heard:

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#15    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Huh.....so thats what the fox says

...sorry I'll leave

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users