Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel bombs Syria

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Israeli aircraft have carried out a strike near the Syrian coastal city of Latakia, a US official says.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-24767571

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#2    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

The weird thing about this attack is there is no US coverage at all and there doesn't seem to be any outrage from Syria or Russia.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Bibi seems to be keeping his word.  The real story here is why Obama seems to want to cause Syria to retaliate.  As long as such strikes are unconfirmed, Assad can ignore it publicly.  Having the US confirm it pushes Assad into needing to respond when he otherwise might not.  I find that curious.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    Farmer77

Farmer77

Government Agent

• 3,672 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

View Postand then, on 01 November 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Bibi seems to be keeping his word.  The real story here is why Obama seems to want to cause Syria to retaliate.  As long as such strikes are unconfirmed, Assad can ignore it publicly.  Having the US confirm it pushes Assad into needing to respond when he otherwise might not.  I find that curious.

Great observation, i was pondering the same thing. Its almost like Syria is baiting the US.

If i were an Israeli i would be worried ..well hell id always be worried, but now i would be worried about a "false flag" type operation. Seems the money men really want this war.

#5    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Syria is baiting the U.S. ?   It looks exactly opposite to me. Israel just bombed a city in Syria...  Syria didn't just bomb a city in Israel.  

If Syria were to retaliate by doing so...  that would be a Free Pass  for an Invasion of Syria.

...  Obama doesn't want anything except what he's told to  "want".  Presidents don't run things .  .   they  say things.

Edited by lightly, 02 November 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

View Postlightly, on 02 November 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Syria is baiting the U.S. ?   It looks exactly opposite to me. Israel just bombed a city in Syria...  Syria didn't just bomb a city in Israel.  

If Syria were to retaliate by doing so...  that would be a Free Pass  for an Invasion of Syria.

...  Obama doesn't want anything except what he's told to  "want".  Presidents don't run things .  .   they  say things.
So you believe Israel wants to invade Syria?  I don't see the benefit.  It would almost certainly cause a regional war and the Jewish people value their sons and daughters FAR more than do their Arab cousins - or so it seems in light of the way Arab is treating Arab in Syria, Iraq, Yemen...
ETA:  Israel also is very interested in Iran just now.  They don't need the distraction of a war on their borders.

Edited by and then, 02 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

No....  i believe there are those that still want the U.S.  to Invade Syria..  with any possible allies  , bought or otherwise,  to assist.     If Syria were to respond significantly to the Israeli  attack, a "U.S."  response would seem more justifiable.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

Aristotle

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postlightly, on 02 November 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

No....  i believe there are those that still want the U.S.  to Invade Syria..  with any possible allies  , bought or otherwise,  to assist. If Syria were to respond significantly to the Israeli  attack, a "U.S."  response would seem more justifiable.
Oh, I see.  That makes more sense to me but I hope you are incorrect.

#9    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 02 November 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

Great observation, i was pondering the same thing. Its almost like Syria is baiting the US.

If i were an Israeli i would be worried ..well hell id always be worried, but now i would be worried about a "false flag" type operation. Seems the money men really want this war.
Israel has been doing this for a few times this year and attacked a nuclear station that was being built a few years ago. Israelis wont be scared

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 01 November 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

The weird thing about this attack is there is no US coverage at all and there doesn't seem to be any outrage from Syria or Russia.
An attack carried out by Israel didn't get coverage in the US?   What's weird?  That's called another day in the Zionist office.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 02 November 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Israel has been doing this for a few times this year and attacked a nuclear station that was being built a few years ago. Israelis wont be scared
Israeli policies are paranoid, terroristic and hyper-militant.   This also once again blows the repeated claims made here by the usual suspects that Israel doesn't attack its neighbors.   No coverage?  It must not be true!   Everything that happens that's true is covered by the MSM.

It's high time the US handed your problem back to you.  It's time for all Brits to start shelling out good tax money to pay the entitlement holders in Israel.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

Aristotle

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostYamato, on 02 November 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Israeli policies are paranoid, terroristic and hyper-militant.   This also once again blows the repeated claims made here by the usual he suspects that Israel doesn't attack its neighbors.   No coverage?  It must not be true!   Everything that happens that's true is covered by the MSM.

It's high time the US handed your problem back to you.  It's time for all Brits to start shelling out good tax money to pay the entitlement holders in Israel.
Nice try Yam but Israel didn't attack SYRIA she attacked offensive weapons inside Syria bound for one of her enemies.  If Israel wanted to attack Syria do you not think Israel could do more than strike a single base in a very limited way?  I realize distinctions don't matter to you but I just thought I'd keep the record straight.  :)

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Postand then, on 02 November 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Nice try Yam but Israel didn't attack SYRIA she attacked offensive weapons inside Syria bound for one of her enemies.  If Israel wanted to attack Syria do you not think Israel could do more than strike a single base in a very limited way?  I realize distinctions don't matter to you but I just thought I'd keep the record straight.  :)
Attacking is attacking.  This is an act of war, giving Syria casus belli to attack Israel whenever it wants.   But you don't care about Israel's security, you want to expand the Zionist immigration campaign and jam as many Jews into the Christy-Zionist Armageddon as possible.  And it's become obvious that's all you care about.   Israel's policies jeopardize the security of every Israeli.

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

Aristotle

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostYamato, on 02 November 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Attacking is attacking.  This is an act of war, giving Syria casus belli to attack Israel whenever it wants.   But you don't care about Israel's security, you want to expand the Zionist immigration campaign and jam as many Jews into the Christy-Zionist Armageddon as possible.  And it's become obvious that's all you care about.   Israel's policies jeopardize the security of every Israeli.
Sophisticated weaponry in the hands of Israel's enemies is what threatens Israelis most.  We both know that Israel isn't interested in a war with Syria and as such did not go after that state but rather just a weapons depot.  Interesting that they keep finding exactly where these weapons are stored isn't it?  If Assad could strike back he would.  Yet he keeps (apparently) trying to pay off Hezbollah with surface to air and surface to ship missiles.  If Obama continues to sound the alarm and make everyone aware of Assad's "failings" then Assad may well have to act to maintain his credibility among his brethren.  
I would appreciate it if you would stop with the nasty little jabs as well Yam.  It does nothing to help the discussion.

#15    jeem

jeem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Anti Darwin Theory-
    "Survival of the Most Idiot"

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

View Postand then, on 02 November 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

So you believe Israel wants to invade Syria?  I don't see the benefit.  It would almost certainly cause a regional war and the Jewish people value their sons and daughters FAR more than do their Arab cousins - or so it seems in light of the way Arab is treating Arab in Syria, Iraq, Yemen...
ETA:  Israel also is very interested in Iran just now.  They don't need the distraction of a war on their borders.
Those jionist do not start war for benefits. They start war because of hatred towards Arab.

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in  history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level"
- Michaeal Hart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users