Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

House of Darkness house of Light

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

So the Conjuring is out on DVD now, and the books about the events that the movie was based off of is also out on the market.

My question is do you believe that the haunting actually happened? Would you stay at that house?

#2    George Ford

George Ford

Shadow Slayer

• 2,644 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well I watched the film and it seems a bit far fetched in my opinion. I would stay in the house, I'm not scared of ghosts and demons and stuff.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

id stay in that house all night long and take it like a champ! yay for loose floor boards and bad plumbing! so spooky!

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 November 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

id stay in that house all night long and take it like a champ! yay for loose floor boards and bad plumbing! so spooky!

And then you could write a book about it and make a nice, tidy sum!

Edited by phantasia, 01 November 2013 - 10:39 PM.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#5    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

The house is supposed to be a big farm in RoadIsland. I wonder if the book, film, and checkered past has affected the price?

If so, then I would certainly be interested in buying the place.

#6    WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

• "It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostMidyin, on 02 November 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

The house is supposed to be a big farm in RoadIsland. I wonder if the book, film, and checkered past has affected the price?

If so, then I would certainly be interested in buying the place.

Yeah I wonder the same thing to be honest. It never mentions where the house is or where it's located at. I bought the DVD however and it's a good film. Believe they'd change a lot of things that actually happened and it's not uncommon. I plan on reading the book sometime this year and deciding for myself.

Posted Image

#7    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostWhispersInTheAttic, on 05 November 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Yeah I wonder the same thing to be honest. It never mentions where the house is or where it's located at. I bought the DVD however and it's a good film. Believe they'd change a lot of things that actually happened and it's not uncommon. I plan on reading the book sometime this year and deciding for myself.

The person that wrote the books(there's 3 of them) did say that her books is supposed to be a the full story..

It will be interesting to see the events in the book in contrast to the way Hollywood said it went down...

I was personally plesently surprised by the movie. "A Haunting in Conecticut" left a bad taste in my mouth(having been aware and familiour with the story it was based on) frankly, Hollywood version of A Haunting in Conecticut was completely stupid and not scary at all..

#8    dm08

dm08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

I think it was a great movie.  Definitely some good scares in there for me.

I've heard many interviews with Andrea Perron and, of course, she said the hauntings were real.  Although she admitted that the movie was "Hollywood-ized" quite a bit.  However, I have a hard time believing any "case" that the Warrens were involved in.

#9    EzyEllis

EzyEllis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• "Squeeze the juice out, of all the suckers power
    And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers
    This world is ours"

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

I'd sleep anywhere if I have a jumper and a hoodie on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users