Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russian News Agency Shut Due to Swears

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,782 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Spiegel said:

Russia's media watchdog agency has forced the closure of the Rosbalt news organization because of two YouTube videos containing swear words. Russian journalists are furious, calling it the latest attack on freedom of the press.

Russia's media watchdog agency has forced the closure of a news organization due to "obscene wording." On Thursday, a court accepted the request by the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media, or Roskomnadzor, and revoked the license of the Rosbalt news agency. The judges justified the decision by claiming Rosbalt had repeatedly used Russian swear words.

The head of the news agency, Natalia Cherkesova, and her employees are allowed to stay on for one month, in which they can appeal to the country's top court. The closure will affect 60 editors and countless freelancers. Rosbalt, which is headquartered in St. Petersburg and is smaller than news agencies like Ria Novosti and Interfax, had become especially popular online.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

vodka i blame on vodka

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Prudishness in the service of political censorship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users