Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Making Interstellar Travel Possible

interstellar travel andreas tziolas icarus interstellar icarus pathfinder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,463 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Why I want to make interstellar travel possible

The Guardian said:

My organisation wants to produce the necessary technologies to make interstellar flight possible. In order to do that, we must join forces and continue to invest in space exploration

Space exploration once used to be the domain of highly trained astronauts but in the near future it will be open to professionals and amateur space enthusiasts alike thanks to organisations such as Mars Society, Planetary Society and Virgin Galactic, who are giving average people like you and me (with a large bag of cash of course) the chance to have their own Yuri Gagarin moment.

One of the most unchartered areas of study in space exploration however is interstellar flight. Travelling to the moon is one thing, but designing a spaceship capable of actually reaching our nearest star system is a whole other kettle of fish.  

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Could be a fascinating enterprise to join or even back as the potential for advancement in many tech and social areas would be phenomenal...
Certainly worth keeping an eye on but with full caution as it is also a good candidate for abuse...

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users