Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lady Gaga to Sing in Outer Space in 2015

lady gaga

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,464 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

She has pushed the boundaries with her wacky outfits and bizarre behaviour.

And now Lady Gaga will be charting new territory of an entirely different kind.

The 27-year-old will make history in 2015 as the first singer to perform in outer space.

http://www.dailymail...uter-space.html

Posted Image

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,845 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'll wager other people have sung in space many times.

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

why does this make perfect sense?

well that astronaut chris hadfield sung in space

posted it on youtube so that counts as a proformance viewed by an audiance

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,845 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Lady Gaga kind of sickens me personally.  But then again I'm not a 10 year old little girl.

#5    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

i wouldnt let my 10 year old watch her

#6    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,396 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Awesome ..   i probably won't be able to hear her from there     :P       She's sorta ok  i guess, kinda,   she's just strikes me as a complete fake.  A corporate venture.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#7    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,105 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Leave her out there! :P

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#8    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Nobody can hear you scream in space....

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#9    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,936 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Is anyone going to make a contribution beyond boringly predictable attacks on GaGa? Is anyone going to make a post that is relevant to the section this is placed in?

Is anyone going to comment on what an amazing time we live in when an artist (irrespective of whether you approve of their material or not) can simply book themselves on a commercial spacecraft and perform from 62 miles above the Earth's surface?

Is no one else filled with a sense of wonder that just 112 years after the Wright brothers made the first powered flight at Kitty Hawk our technology has progressed so far that a singer will be able to perform in space?

Or is it just me?

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#10    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,885 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I think its cool we've come this far, but im also one of those who will bash on that horrid creature whos name should never be spoken. Shame we cant do better.... oh wait thought i remember a discussion like this before hmm seems the creatures just riding off on someone elses plan http://www.washingto...6b2a7_blog.html

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#11    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,936 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 07 November 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

i remember a discussion like this before hmm seems the creatures just riding off on someone elses plan http://www.washingto...6b2a7_blog.html
Yes and Sarah Brightman was also subjected to the same childish name calling in the thread about her plan to sing in space.

There is a big difference, GaGa will only be spending a few minutes in space and her ticket will only cost about $250,000. Sarah Brightman will spend a week in orbit at a cost of around $30 million.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#12    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,885 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Don't care about the cost nor the duration. personally i hope the creature whos name wont be spoken makes it a one way trip.

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#13    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,455 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 07 November 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

...Is anyone going to comment on what an amazing time we live in when an artist (irrespective of whether you approve of their material or not) can simply book themselves on a commercial spacecraft and perform from 62 miles above the Earth's surface?
Or is it just me?

It is an amazing time we live in, while Lady Gaga is not so amazing. This will be less than a footnote in the history of space travel, certainly not a milestone. Just because Lady G is rich enough to book a flight... I don't find that so incredible.

/God, I can see it now. Lady Gaga falls ill at the last moment and the Bieber fills in.
//Chris Hadfield: "Been there, done that!"

Edited by Likely Guy, 07 November 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#14    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,915 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

i'm not a fan of lady gaga, but i am kind of stunned at the sheer amount of venom that gets poured out on her.

as for the space thing....

man, i'm just jealous. i want to go.

Edited by patagonianhorsesnake, 07 November 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#15    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,906 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 07 November 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Is anyone going to make a contribution beyond boringly predictable attacks on GaGa? Is anyone going to make a post that is relevant to the section this is placed in?

Is anyone going to comment on what an amazing time we live in when an artist (irrespective of whether you approve of their material or not) can simply book themselves on a commercial spacecraft and perform from 62 miles above the Earth's surface?

Is no one else filled with a sense of wonder that just 112 years after the Wright brothers made the first powered flight at Kitty Hawk our technology has progressed so far that a singer will be able to perform in space?

Or is it just me?

While I have nothing personal against Lady Gaga, it has been noted that others (Chris Hadfield for one) have already 'sung in space' - in the sense of a recognised artistic performance. Yes, it amazing that people can now 'sing in space' but the press release from Lady Gaga's publicity team is - much like Ms Brightman's - simply a publicity stunt. It does not "break new ground" as art or performance.

That, I think, is what people are objecting to - that this isn't art or "progress" but simply a bowing to sensationalism for the sake of commercial success.

Edited by Leonardo, 07 November 2013 - 10:37 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users