Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Artifical womb invented

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

http://isupportorgan...rix-begins.html

Edited by Still Waters, 07 November 2013 - 12:30 AM.
Removed copyrighted image

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Oh dear, what are the Frankenstein`s up to now?

Guarantee they have tried this one out with humans too, but will not be letting the cameras into that lab just yet!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 November 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Oh dear, what are the Frankenstein`s up to now?

Guarantee they have tried this one out with humans too, but will not be letting the cameras into that lab just yet!

bet you a human was the first attempt

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

I don't think we need this sort of technology. I think it's a step in the wrong direction and no good will come from it. Imagine some sociopath millionaire who is motivated purely by profit. He could get cow pregnant then make the cow chemically abort the fetus after a few weeks, then transfer the still alive fetus to an artificial womb and then wait a week and repeat. So he would not need as many breeding stock and he could pump growth hormones directly into the baby calf. Could have thousands of vats and keep growing the calves to the equivalent age of a 2 month old birthed calf so it can be taken from the vat and put straight onto feed. All this could possibly done in half the time it would take naturally. Then it would be cheap steaks for everyone.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Postbulveye, on 06 November 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I don't think we need this sort of technology. I think it's a step in the wrong direction and no good will come from it. Imagine some sociopath millionaire who is motivated purely by profit. He could get cow pregnant then make the cow chemically abort the fetus after a few weeks, then transfer the still alive fetus to an artificial womb and then wait a week and repeat. So he would not need as many breeding stock and he could pump growth hormones directly into the baby calf. Could have thousands of vats and keep growing the calves to the equivalent age of a 2 month old birthed calf so it can be taken from the vat and put straight onto feed. All this could possibly done in half the time it would take naturally. Then it would be cheap steaks for everyone.

Holy **** that's horrible but that actually sounds so logical it would probably happen :cry:

Edited by spartan max2, 06 November 2013 - 11:02 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,426 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Starting that artilce with the selection from Brave New World is totaly appropriate.  This is step one.  The next step is to create a way to program people with limited ambition and intelligence to be used as labor.  Step three will be killing off those of us that don't think this is a good idea.  Step four will be (insert deity) blasting us back to the stone age.

And for any Frank Herbert fans see axlotl tanks
http://dune.wikia.co...ki/Axlotl_Tanks

Edited by OverSword, 07 November 2013 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users