Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Awesome story out of Philadelphia

helping the homeless

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

This story has unfolded over Facebook.
I'm sorry I cannot embed photos on here, but the threads tell the story, and it's news, before it's news!

A woman saw a photo of a homeless man with his cat, on the streets of a city somewhere.
She posted the photo, which is very cool actually, and asked people network it, to see if anyone knew him or the city.

It was reposted for 24 hours, and the woman got ahold of the photographer as well.
The man has been found, and as many of us said, it's Philly.

He's had the cat, Muffy, since she was a kitten (she's usually better dressed than he is).
The woman, will be helping the man, David, get a job, and a home.
CBS heard about it all, and are doing a story on it all now as well.


Miracles do happen!!!!

https://www.facebook...&type=1

https://www.facebook...&type=1


Edited by Simbi Laveau, 07 November 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Miss me?

#2    EzyEllis

EzyEllis

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • "Squeeze the juice out, of all the suckers power
    And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers
    This world is ours"

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Cool :)

Edited by EzyEllis, 07 November 2013 - 05:11 AM.


#3    littlewallflower

littlewallflower

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 188 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Philadelphia

  • Poetry in the way that the moon finds someone to love every night, even if they do not notice her watching silently from above.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

Awesome! I've seen him hanging around Walnut St. a few times and even gave him a few bucks. Such a sweetheart.
So glad to know there are good people in this world!

Edited by littlewallflower, 07 November 2013 - 05:18 AM.

"And like a sunset were her lips, A stormy sunset on doomed ships;"

  


#4    Q-C

Q-C

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 5,533 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

I think it's awesome too.

Yet, the cynic in me, whenever I see those begging here where I live with pets asks- Are they just using animals to get money? I know it works. I see them in the hot Texas sun without water panting on the corners.
But that is just where my mind goes and what I fear.
There are plenty of homeless animals to take advantage of or to chain back up outback when you get home from being "homeless".
I know, I'm loads of fun to be around.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 07 November 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I think it's awesome too.

Yet, the cynic in me, whenever I see those begging here where I live with pets asks- Are they just using animals to get money? I know it works. I see them in the hot Texas sun without water panting on the corners.
But that is just where my mind goes and what I fear.
There are plenty of homeless animals to take advantage of or to chain back up outback when you get home from being "homeless".
I know, I'm loads of fun to be around.
Well as I said, Muffy is usually better dressed than David.
Her little outfits look handmade too, so I think people make her little sweaters.

Miss me?

#6    Q-C

Q-C

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 5,533 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 November 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Well as I said, Muffy is usually better dressed than David.
Her little outfits look handmade too, so I think people make her little sweaters.

Yeah, I'm not commenting on this duo specifically, just in general what concerns I have for any animals, specifically dogs, I see.
A cat is impossible to force to do anything, so I'm sure they have a good relationship. The cat looks content and happy. And they don't fake it like dogs.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#7    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 7,002 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

That's a nice story.  I hope the guy appreciates it..    But what if he doesn't Want a job?  lol    it's probably all good...  but this reminds me a dude my wife's friend knows,  in London... who panhandles for a living  and  lives in a nicer place than she does!

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

View Postlightly, on 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

That's a nice story.  I hope the guy appreciates it..    But what if he doesn't Want a job?  lol    it's probably all good...  but this reminds me a dude my wife's friend knows,  in London... who panhandles for a living  and  lives in a nicer place than she does!

Some of them make a lot of money.
We shall see.

Miss me?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users