Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


Bad 'Vibes'


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Female

  • Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

    Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

So, maybe I'm over reacting or what, but last summer for school we went on a trip, and on this trip we got to tour universities and whatnot, and something weird happened.

So, at this one university, we were waiting, and finally our tour guide guy came, and as soon as I came within 5 feet or so, I just got this awful feeling from him. I can't describe it, like 'vibes' or just the feeling I was getting from him didn't seem right.
And I'm not saying 'not right' as in creepy, like I can't even describe it, but there was just something terribly wrong. I had never gotten such a terrible and just dark feeling from someone ever. Even as I think about it now it causes me lots of anxiety.

It's terribly hard to describe, but you know when you're walking down the street, or just chatting with new people, you kind of get a feel for them? Or when you pass someone on the street and you just kind of know if they mean you harm or not, like a gut instinct sort of.
Anyways, this guy, he's young, fit, completely good health from what I could tell, but I have never felt a more strange vibe than what I got from this guy.
I don't want to say it, because it will sound crazy, but like almost a predatory feeling from him. There was just something not right, but I don't know what.
It just felt wrong.

Any idea why this happened? It really felt like inhuman, whatever was wrong. It just wasn't right.

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#2    EzyEllis

EzyEllis

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • "Squeeze the juice out, of all the suckers power
    And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers
    This world is ours"

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

Have you been very social? I haven't for a little while now just talk to people in the gym or speak to a old co-worker I haven't been out on a drink in 6-7 months  but I had a moment of madness I was offered a course and when I went  to check it out I had a bad vibe from most of them in the room same thing I've never felt this before, I found out they had all come from university and had to go straight on welfare which I gathered created this hostile environment.. It felt like they were trying to prove something glad i#m back to work in a fornight  I never want to experience that agian . But I dunno nighthawk maybe he was trying to give off a bad vibe and you picked it up?

Edited by EzyEllis, 07 November 2013 - 06:16 AM.


#3    Q-C

Q-C

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 5,533 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

I know exactly what you mean.

Although this was someone I "knew", but had not had a one-on-one conversations with. I did not get an inhuman vibe or anything, but dark and very very threatening. And we ran into each other in the grocery store not some alley.

I had it one other time when I got in the car with someone I also knew, it was the longest 8 miles of my life. It was terrifying.

All I could think was, their spouses (both were married) don't pick up on this?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 November 2013 - 06:23 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#4    Lilly

Lilly

    Forum Divinity

  • 19,247 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Female

  • "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

What's happening is that your unconscious mind is picking up on subtle clues coming from the person in question. You then receive an intuitive message in the form of "bad or good vibes". The vast majority of the time your gut feelings are correct. IMO it's best to side with your intuition. Now, if sometime down the road you find out that the person in question was extremely upset at the time you met them , or you realize they simply reminded you of someone else you really dislike then you can re-evaluate.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 7,178 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

I've had two occasions in my life where I have shaken someone's hand and been completely creeped out, actually felt a knot form in my stomach and had a strong recoil instinct.

The first handshake felt like a limp wet fish - it actually really did, it was so unexpected I nearly jumped and stepped back.  The second person felt like soft marshmallow - this wasn't a pudgy hand, the person was quite fit looking but the hand felt like a spongy marshmallow and there was no real "reciprical feeling" from the person, it was like they held their hand out because it was expected but that was all that they were willing to do to participate in the handshake.  I remember both very well even though the first was at least 12 years ago and the second at least 5 years ago, in fact I know I will never forget either experience, very weird.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#6    Mabon

Mabon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female

  • Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 07 November 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

So, at this one university, we were waiting, and finally our tour guide guy came, and as soon as I came within 5 feet or so, I just got this awful feeling from him. I can't describe it, like 'vibes' or just the feeling I was getting from him didn't seem right.
And I'm not saying 'not right' as in creepy, like I can't even describe it, but there was just something terribly wrong. I had never gotten such a terrible and just dark feeling from someone ever. Even as I think about it now it causes me lots of anxiety.
I don't want to say it, because it will sound crazy, but like almost a predatory feeling from him. There was just something not right, but I don't know what.
It just felt wrong.
Snipped for space and to point out some points you raised.

Nighthawk, all the bold parts are your reactions to the person, the one in italic is the only time where you diminish your instinctive feelings about him, which is odd because I would call someone creepy who had a predatory feel about them.
Like Lilly said go with your reaction/instinctive feelings about this person unless you find out something to change your mind. We pick up on clues from micro expressions and all sort of other body language to inflections in spoken words that will give away a false statement when what is said is supposed to be positive. Our brain is a marvelous thing that can sort all of this out in seconds or minutes which is why it seems like instinct sometimes.
I don't think you're crazy or even that your wrong, you are alerted to something about him to the point it is causing you anxiety. We are taught to be open and trusting and to respect people in leadership positions but if your instincts tell you differently I'd listen to my instincts. If you have to be around him observe him and draw your own conclusions.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson


#7    George Ford

George Ford

    Just pretend you didn't see anything

  • Banned
  • 3,149 posts
  • Joined:02 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:nowhere

  • 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 07 November 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

So, maybe I'm over reacting or what, but last summer for school we went on a trip, and on this trip we got to tour universities and whatnot, and something weird happened.

So, at this one university, we were waiting, and finally our tour guide guy came, and as soon as I came within 5 feet or so, I just got this awful feeling from him. I can't describe it, like 'vibes' or just the feeling I was getting from him didn't seem right.
And I'm not saying 'not right' as in creepy, like I can't even describe it, but there was just something terribly wrong. I had never gotten such a terrible and just dark feeling from someone ever. Even as I think about it now it causes me lots of anxiety.

It's terribly hard to describe, but you know when you're walking down the street, or just chatting with new people, you kind of get a feel for them? Or when you pass someone on the street and you just kind of know if they mean you harm or not, like a gut instinct sort of.
Anyways, this guy, he's young, fit, completely good health from what I could tell, but I have never felt a more strange vibe than what I got from this guy.
I don't want to say it, because it will sound crazy, but like almost a predatory feeling from him. There was just something not right, but I don't know what.
It just felt wrong.

Any idea why this happened? It really felt like inhuman, whatever was wrong. It just wasn't right.

Go with your gut instinct on this one. You are the sum of thousands of generations. Each generation has picked up traits that have helped your blood line still exist. I honestly believe that a 'survival' mechanism has kicked in for you and you have met someone dangerous. They could possibly be a sociopath/psychopath, he could be fit, handsome, funny and seem friendly but these are emotions that he copies as to fit in and manipulate people. In realty he has very little in common with normal human beings and the only true emotions that he experiences are greed, rage, control and power.

Edited by bulveye, 07 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#8    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Pineapple under the Sea

  • Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

I fully believe in trusting my gut instinct.  Whether I am unconsciously picking up on signals from that person or what, I don't know.  But I have had a few occasions where I have had an instant reaction to the person, stomach churns, breath catches in throat, a feeling that I just didn't want to be around them.  Two of these times I have been proved right in my reaction, the other I didn't get to know them for long enough to actually find out either way.  But I do usually try and go with my first impression of people.


#9    Mabon

Mabon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female

  • Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

@Libstak,

About those experiences.... ewww!!!
*shudders*

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson


#10    EzyEllis

EzyEllis

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • "Squeeze the juice out, of all the suckers power
    And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers
    This world is ours"

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 November 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

I've had two occasions in my life where I have shaken someone's hand and been completely creeped out, actually felt a knot form in my stomach and had a strong recoil instinct.

The first handshake felt like a limp wet fish - it actually really did, it was so unexpected I nearly jumped and stepped back.  The second person felt like soft marshmallow - this wasn't a pudgy hand, the person was quite fit looking but the hand felt like a spongy marshmallow and there was no real "reciprical feeling" from the person, it was like they held their hand out because it was expected but that was all that they were willing to do to participate in the handshake.  I remember both very well even though the first was at least 12 years ago and the second at least 5 years ago, in fact I know I will never forget either experience, very weird.


You know handshakes, is a good one. I've only had a couple handshakes that have felt like a good solid handshake and everyone else I've handshake its like there hand is made out of bread or they slip out just as you grab and you crush there fingers.

Edited by EzyEllis, 08 November 2013 - 10:33 PM.


#11    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 7,178 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostEzyEllis, on 08 November 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

You know handshakes, is a good one. I've only had a couple handshakes that have felt like a good solid handshake and everyone else I've handshake its like I mush there fingers.
Yes, I think you can intuit alot about a person's true feelings from a handshake.  A firm handshake given without hesitation is like an "all clear" signal, many are meek though and that is not their fault - it tends to read like a gentle and somewhat timid handshake, it is more those that go through the motions with contempt that stand out for me.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 07 November 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

So, maybe I'm over reacting or what, but last summer for school we went on a trip, and on this trip we got to tour universities and whatnot, and something weird happened.

So, at this one university, we were waiting, and finally our tour guide guy came, and as soon as I came within 5 feet or so, I just got this awful feeling from him. I can't describe it, like 'vibes' or just the feeling I was getting from him didn't seem right.
And I'm not saying 'not right' as in creepy, like I can't even describe it, but there was just something terribly wrong. I had never gotten such a terrible and just dark feeling from someone ever. Even as I think about it now it causes me lots of anxiety.

It's terribly hard to describe, but you know when you're walking down the street, or just chatting with new people, you kind of get a feel for them? Or when you pass someone on the street and you just kind of know if they mean you harm or not, like a gut instinct sort of.
Anyways, this guy, he's young, fit, completely good health from what I could tell, but I have never felt a more strange vibe than what I got from this guy.
I don't want to say it, because it will sound crazy, but like almost a predatory feeling from him. There was just something not right, but I don't know what.
It just felt wrong.

Any idea why this happened? It really felt like inhuman, whatever was wrong. It just wasn't right.
There is a reason for this, and it can be a few things, but go with your gut feeling on anything that makes you feel that bad.


Miss me?

#13    Mabon

Mabon

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female

  • Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 08 November 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Yes, I think you can intuit alot about a person's true feelings from a handshake.  A firm handshake given without hesitation is like an "all clear" signal, many are meek though and that is not their fault - it tends to read like a gentle and somewhat timid handshake, it is more those that go through the motions with contempt that stand out for me.

I do agree with this. What I found out about handshakes is there are cultural differences that can throw you. I lived in Turkey for over three years and while American's like a good firm handshake Turkish handshakes are not firm because it's a sign of aggression and they make their handshakes deliberately less firm. That one threw me for a while until I understood it after a very nice lady pointed out the cultural difference. Once I knew that the ability to read their handshakes was pretty much the same then.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users