Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

50th Anniversary of JFK Assassination

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#31    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostpromKing, on 12 November 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

But guys isn't a Zapruder film a hoax? Like for instance when JFK's head explodes the red spray of blood why does it seem to disappear into thin air? If it was real, the “blood” should spread out all over the car and the people but it doesn't. Within a couple of frames, it disappears altogether:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Or what about when Mrs. Connally snaps her head to the rear far too rapidly. Just before she does, she turns her head to the front in a more realistic motion:
Posted Image

Or look at this - all four people lurch forward suddenly:
Posted Image
The car must have braked suddenly at that time. But if you watch the film, the car doesn’t brake at all. Have you ever been in a car when someone has planted their foot on the gas pedal, and been thrown forward?

The Zapruder Film was altered. Even Oliver Stone believes it was.

I thought this was interesting, it talks about discrepancies in the chain of custody regarding the Zapruder Film....

Link: http://educationforu...showtopic=15190

I thought it was interesting, because if there were no discrepancies in the chain of custody of the film, there would be no way for it to be altered, but since there most definitely was.....Well, you can figure that one out. ;)

#32    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostpromKing, on 13 November 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

And what about Oswald's murder of officer Tippit? Miss Helen L. Markham, who states that she is the sole eye–witness to this crime later revealed that the killer had run right up to her and past her, brandishing the pistol, and she repeated the description of the murderer which she had given to the police. He was, she said, “short, a little heavy, and had somewhat bushy hair.” (The police description of Oswald was that he was of average height, or a little taller, was slim and had receding fair hair.) Miss Markham’s sworn statement is the entire case against Oswald for the murder of Patrolman Tippitt, yet District Attorney Wade asserted: “We have more evidence to prove Oswald killed Tippit than we have to show he killed the President.”

Markham was not the only witness, to Officer Tippits murder, and she was an awful witness and was inconsistent in many of her statements.

The star witness to the shooting was Mrs. Helen Markham, a Dallas waitress. She was supposedly the only person to see the shooting in its entirety. The official version accepted her as "reliable" and credited her with watching the initial confrontation between Tippit and his murderer peeping fearfully through her fingers as the murderer loped away and thus being able to identify Oswald at a police lineup. Yet this "reliable" witness made more nonsensical statements than can reasonably be catalogued here. She said she talked to Tippit and he understood her until he was loaded into an ambulance. All the medical evidence, and other witnesses, say Tippit died instantly from the head wound. A witness who also saw the shooting - from his pickup truck - and then got out to help the policeman, put it graphically: "He was lying there and he had - looked like a big clot of blood coming out of his head, and his eyes were sunk back in his head.... The policeman, I believe, was dead when he hit the ground." Mrs. Markham said it was twenty minutes before others gathered at the scene of the crime. That is clearly nonsense. Within minutes men were in Tippit's car calling for help on the police radio, and a small crowd was there when the ambulance arrived three minutes later, at 1:10 p.m. Mrs. Markham is credited with recognizing Oswald within three hours at the police station. It turns out that she was so hysterical at the police station that only after ammonia was administered could she go into the lineup room. When she appeared before the Commission Mrs. Markham repeatedly said she had been unable to recognize anyone at the lineup and changed her tune only after pressure from counsel. The star witness in the Tippit shooting was best summed up by Joseph Ball senior counsel to the Warren Commission itself. In 1964 he referred in a public debate to her testimony as being "full of mistakes" and to Mrs Markham as an "utter screwball." He dismissed her as "utterly unreliable," the exact opposite of the Report's verdict.

Several members of the Warren Commission staff have subsequently voiced their opinions of Mrs Markham's value as a witness. Assistant Counsel Liebeler has described her testimony as "contradictory and worthless" 21, whilst Assistant Counsel Ball described her as "an utter screwball".

Link: http://www.spartacus...JFKmarkhamH.htm

Acquilla Clemons was a much better witness however, she was never called to come before the Warren Commission....

Link: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=aaCCd0hzLsY

Mrs. Acquilla Clemons, who was in a house close to the spot where Tippit was killed, told independent investigators she saw two men near the policeman's car just before the shooting. She said she ran out after the shots and saw a man with a gun. But she described him as "kind of chunky... kind of heavy," a description which does not fit Oswald at all. Much more disturbing, this was not the only man she saw...
Mrs. Clemons said the man with a gun went off in one direction and the second man in another. She described the man with the gun as "short and kind of heavy" and wearing "khaki and a white shirt" - a description which does not fit Oswald at all. The second man, she said, was thin and tall rather than short, a description which could refer to Oswald.
Obviously, Mrs. Clemons should have been questioned more thoroughly than in a television interview. She said she had been visited by the FBI, who decided not to take a statement because of her poor health. Mrs. Clemons suffered from diabetes, hardly a condition to deter efficient investigators from taking a statement. According to two reporters, who visited Mrs. Clemons several years after the assassination, she and her family still spoke with conviction of seeing two men at the scene of the Tippit shooting. Mrs. Clemons' story finds corroboration from another witness, and he too was ignored.

Link: http://www.spartacus.../JFKclemons.htm

Another eye witness, Warren Reynolds, could not identify Oswald as the man who ran past him....

One witness was Warren Reynolds, who chased Tippit's killer. He, too, failed to identify Oswald as Tippit's killer until after he was shot in the head two months later. After recovering, Reynolds identified Oswald to the Warren Commission. (A suspect was arrested in the Reynolds shooting, but released when a former Jack Ruby stripper named Betty Mooney MacDonald provided an alibi. One week after her word released the suspect, MacDonald was arrested by Dallas Police and a few hours later was found hanged in her jail cell. Neither the FBI nor the Warren Commission investigated this strange incident.)

Warren Reynolds, was shot in the head two days after telling the FBI he could not identify Oswald. There was no apparent cause for the shooting. Reynolds recovered and later agreed he thought the fleeing gunman had been Oswald after all. Within a week or two of the Reynolds shooting, a key witness in that affair was found dead in a police cell, having apparently hanged herself. She had herself earlier mentioned an association with Jack Ruby and his club. The brother of a Tippit witness was shot dead, and many assumed it was a matter of mistaken identity. While these incidents arouse speculation, there is nothing evidentiary to link them to the Tippit or Kennedy killings. However, it is clear they were inadequately investigated.

Link: http://www.spartacus...JFKreynolds.htm

More information on the murder of Tippit:

Link: http://www.spartacus.../JFKStippet.htm

This is also very interesting as well...

(1) The physical description of Oswald giving out by the Dallas Police was not accurate enough for Tippit to have recognized him. What is more, as Oswald had already returned home to change, the description of his clothing was no longer valid.

(2) Tippit was alone at the time that he apprehended Oswald. According to Buchanan: “Standing orders for police in Dallas, as in other cities, are that radio cars of the type Tippit was driving must have two policemen in them.”

(3) Tippit was not in the sector of Dallas where he had been assigned the day before. He should “have been in downtown Dallas at the time he intercepted Oswald half way between Oswald’s room and Ruby’s”.

(4) Tippit violated police procedure by “failing to make use of the radio beside him to notify his fellow-officers that he was stopping to question a suspect in the Kennedy assassination”.

(5) According to one witness “Oswald smiled at Tippit when he saw him, ambled over to the scout car, and they had an amicable conversation for almost a minute. Tippit staying in the car and Oswald standing in the street beside his rolled-down car window.”

(6) Buchanan claimed that Eva Grant had told reporters that Ruby and Oswald “were like brothers”.

It is believed that Tippit went home for lunch on the 22nd. Then, about 12:45, 15 minutes after JFK was shot, Tippit was parked at the south end of the Houston Street Viaduct, in North Oak Cliff, facing the cars coming off the viaduct....presumably watching for someone.

Several employees of the Good Luck Gas Station saw Tippit sitting there for several minutes. Then he was observed driving away from the gas station at a high rate of speed, at about 12:50 and headed south. Tippits radio call at 12:54 places him at E. 8th and Lancaster, a few blocks south of the service station

At no time that afternoon was Tippit in his assigned district and he was always in North Oak Cliff. That district was assigned to Officer William D. Mentzel.

Tippit made a call from Top Ten Records on Jefferson, a few blocks west of 12th and Marsalis, around 1:00 P.M. When he came out, he was agitated and drove off fast. Tippits movements and actions appeared to be as though frantically looking for someone.

Tippit then, cut off a car driven by an Insurance salesman, James Andrews, who was headed west on 10th Street about eight blocks west of where Tippit would be killed. Tippit, also driving west behind the salesman's car passed him, pulled to the right in front of him, blocking him in. Tippit then rushed to the drivers side of the car and looked at the floor between the seats. Tippit apparently did not see what he was looking for, jumped back in his patrol car and drove away quickly, reversing his direction and heading back east.

What was Tippit doing in the section of North Oak Cliff where Ruby and Oswald both lived--not his assigned district--when most other police were concerned with the assassination and in Dealey Plaza? Oak Cliff was Tippits district, although three miles away and primarily the downtown police officers were called to Dealey Plaza. Dispatcher, Jim Bowles (later Sheriff) said that Tippit was in his assigned district. Although he didn't seem to be, he was apparently several miles from where he was supposed to be. He was ordered to move into "Central Oak Cliff" at 12:45 p.m.This order was not in the first transcript produce by the DPD and then suddenly appeared in a later transcript. This has caused many reserchers to speculate this order was later dubbed into the tape by the police friends of Tippit.

There was no reason for Tippit to be moved to that area, which was far from his assigned area. Yet it is believed he strayed over to that area many tiimes. Many witnesses say they saw Tippit in that area quite often, and in fact some thought he even lived in that area....particularly around the area where he was killed.

Link: http://educationforu...?showtopic=2862

Edited by Kowalski, 13 November 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#33    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostpromKing, on 13 November 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

And then when police arrested him they interrogated Oswald for nearly 48 hours without allowing him to contact a lawyer, despite his repeated requests to do so. The director of the FBI in Dallas was a man with considerable experience. American Civil Liberties Union lawyers were in Dallas requesting to see Oswald and were not allowed to do so. By interrogating Oswald for 48 hours without access to lawyers, the FBI. created conditions which made a trial of Oswald more difficult. A confession or evidence obtained from a man held 48 hours in custody is likely to be inadmissible in a U.S. court of law.
Also Secret service illegally held MArina Oswald and her mother against their will. Marina was held for nine weeks and questioned almost daily by the F.B.I. and Secret Service, she finally testified to the Warren Commission and, according to Earl Warren, said that she believed her husband was the assassin.  To isolate a witness for nine weeks and to subject her to repeated questioning by the Secret Service in this manner is reminiscent of police behavior in other countries, where it is called brainwashing.

The only reason I can see them doing this, is because they knew there wasn't going to be any trial.....imo...

#34    Stundie

Stundie

Poltergeist

• 2,583 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

There was a documentary on Channel 5 here in the UK last night about the JFK assassination but I only caught the last 10 minutes of it.

From what I can gather, it was suggesting that Lee Harvey Oswald fired 3 shots or something 2 which hit the president, then one of the Secret Service men (George, I think his name was!) who was in another car behind the president, picked up a rifle to return fire on Oswald and has he switched the safety off, he accidently let the gun off which hit the president.

They never explained the missing brain and to be honest, from the bits I saw, a couple of things didn't make sense but seeing as I didn't see the rest of the documentary, I would have to hold judgement.

There is no such thing as magic, just magicians and fools.

#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Always loose ends for people to get excited about, even fifty years later.  Just sayin'.

#36    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,619 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostStundie, on 14 November 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

There was a documentary on Channel 5 here in the UK last night about the JFK assassination but I only caught the last 10 minutes of it.

From what I can gather, it was suggesting that Lee Harvey Oswald fired 3 shots or something 2 which hit the president, then one of the Secret Service men (George, I think his name was!) who was in another car behind the president, picked up a rifle to return fire on Oswald and has he switched the safety off, he accidently let the gun off which hit the president.

They never explained the missing brain and to be honest, from the bits I saw, a couple of things didn't make sense but seeing as I didn't see the rest of the documentary, I would have to hold judgement.

That's the show I've been discussing throughout this thread. I posted links to it earlier:

View PostCzero 101, on 08 November 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

If you didn't see the "JFK: The Smoking Gun" special, it is viewable on their website - http://www.sbs.com.au/thesmokinggun/ - and on YouTube - https://www.youtube....h?v=cqg7CHEUJh0

ETA...

The Youtube link no longer works, but it can still be found at their website, and I'm sure searching other areas of the InterWebs will propduces downloadable results, too...

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 14 November 2013 - 10:24 PM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#37    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Starman

• 2,518 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Interesting theory.  Couldn't watch the documentary, I might try later using Chrome instead of stupid MS Internet Exploder and see if that works, but was able to read the theory synopsis on the site.  To me these are the most compelling pieces of evidence, with questions I'd probably need answered before buying in (again, these might be addressed already in detail in the doc that I haven't watched):

- Bullet trajectory.  Donahue determined it was not from where Oswald was.   What did he use to determine this and what do we think is a reasonable range of error to his measurements?  Was film his primary source?  I understand he extrapolated from the entrance and exit wounds which would require him to be able to determine exactly the angle of JFK's head at that moment and be very precise about it;  I would think errors in that orientation would have drastic effects on the calculated trajectory.

- Size of hole in skull.  Donahue noted that the measurement during the autopsy of the size of this hole is smaller than the diameter of Oswald's bullets.  Again, my criticism would be concerning the precision and if we have reason to believe this diameter was precisely measured, especially since we are dealing with fractions of a millimeter.

- Frangible bullet.  This one has me a little stumped, it doesn't make much sense to me, not that that is worth much I'm not an expert, why one bullet would pass through intact and this bullet would break apart.  My understanding is that they did recover fragments of the last bullet, I assume there wasn't anyway to determine what type of bullet it actually was, and whether it matched Oswald's rifle or the agent's?

Again, interesting nonetheless.  The other doubt that's already been acknowledged to this theory is that it is an absolutely incredible coincidence:  the timing of the shot being right around when Oswald would have made a third shot and an accidental shot that just happens to hit the president in the head seconds after he's just been shot by Oswald.  But what I like about the theory is that if any of Donahue's points and analysis above are correct, it couldn't have just been Oswald; it doesn't rely on, 'but so-and-so thought they saw someone on the grassy knoll', and other, oh how to put it let me just choose a phrase at random that no one's ever used before, "highly irregular facts".

"Talking about art is like dancing about architecture"
"The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time"
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
- Ziggy played guitar

#38    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

I began this thread because of that docu.

I think Donahue was spot on about the difference in the bullets that struck JFK. The Carcano ammo presented the through and through. What killed JFK was a frangible bullet.

Donahue believed it was fired by Agent Hickey. Donahue gave as one reason the fact that witnesses could smell the gunfire.
Hickey tried to sue Donahue but couldn't because he waited too long between the publishing of the book and his lawsuit.

Both of them are dead now.

I'm sure there was the acrid smell of gunfire. It just didn't come from the agents' car.

Kowalski is spot on. The lethal shot came from the front of the limo. Zapruder's film has the missing frames.

I have travelled from Oswald's boarding house to where Tippitt was shot. It's just possible that Oswald killed him but I don't place any great stakes on the witness reports. From the time he left the boarding house to the time he was arrested in the movie theatre, no-one can prove for certain where Oswald was. And he never said.

#39    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,619 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

If the shot came from the front and right as it would have had to if it came from the Grassy Knoll or the overpass, why was there no damage to the left side of JFK's head? Why does all the forensic evidence corroborate that the shot came from behind?

Two recent documentaries - JFK: The Smoking Gun and this week's Nova: Cold Case JFK (http://www.pbs.org/w...d-case-jfk.html) have used modern scientific investigative techniques and have only focused on the balistics, bullet performance and the forensic evidence available from the autopsy and, while they differ on who they conclude fired the head shot, they do agree on several facts:

Both agree that the first shot fired probably missed and hit the ground near the limo
Both agree that it was the second shot that hit both JFK and Governor Connally.
Both agree that the "Single Bullet Theory" is completely plausible, and that the physical injuries to JFK and Governor Connally are consistent with the damage that a 6.5mm fully jacketed bullet could produce.
Both agree that the head shot could only have come from behind given the resulting damage to JFK's head seen on thje Zapruder film and seen in the autopsy report.

So... are both those documentaries "in on it" or are they both on to something...?

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#40    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 3,141 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 08 November 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

We will never know who did it. There is a video the driver looks like he did it.
there is a video that people SAY looks like the driver did it.  But they ignore the facts that if he had crossed his left arm over his body to shoot then his white shirt would not have been visible underneath his suit coat (which it was) and that you can still see his left hand on the steering wheel and that nobody in the car reacted to him pulling out a gun right in front of them and shooting someone in the car.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#41    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 15 November 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

If the shot came from the front and right as it would have had to if it came from the Grassy Knoll or the overpass, why was there no damage to the left side of JFK's head? Why does all the forensic evidence corroborate that the shot came from behind?

Two recent documentaries - JFK: The Smoking Gun and this week's Nova: Cold Case JFK (http://www.pbs.org/w...d-case-jfk.html) have used modern scientific investigative techniques and have only focused on the balistics, bullet performance and the forensic evidence available from the autopsy and, while they differ on who they conclude fired the head shot, they do agree on several facts:

Both agree that the first shot fired probably missed and hit the ground near the limo
Both agree that it was the second shot that hit both JFK and Governor Connally.
Both agree that the "Single Bullet Theory" is completely plausible, and that the physical injuries to JFK and Governor Connally are consistent with the damage that a 6.5mm fully jacketed bullet could produce.
Both agree that the head shot could only have come from behind given the resulting damage to JFK's head seen on thje Zapruder film and seen in the autopsy report.

So... are both those documentaries "in on it" or are they both on to something...?

Cz

More likely people just need to stop using Hollywood as reference for what bullits do to the human body. Its fairly well known amoung weapon enthusuast that the 6.5 mm round used by the Carcano rifle have great penetration power (which isn't exactly good for putting down an enemy). Unless they hit bone, which causes the bullet to tumble rapidly, causing a massive temporary cavity, which is consistent with the Zapruder film and the autopsy report and photos.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#42    promKing

promKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 15 November 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

More likely people just need to stop using Hollywood as reference for what bullits do to the human body. Its fairly well known amoung weapon enthusuast that the 6.5 mm round used by the Carcano rifle have great penetration power (which isn't exactly good for putting down an enemy).
Can it also make 6 mm entrance hole as apparently JFK's head-shot was?

So I watched the documentary "JFK: The Smoking Gun" some of you recommended which presents a theory that JFK was shot in the head by security officer, George Hickey, from the car behind. And the way they present it does look compelling but to say he did it by accident is really thin. I mean why would the rest of security officers help him sabotage the investigation? They make a hint in a doc that it was because they were drinking buddies, but isn't participating in a murder too much just because he's your drinking buddy? Or the FBI and the police, they could see that security officers were sabotaging the investigation from the beginning by not allowing coroner in Parkland hospital do the autopsy on JFK. Were they also drinking buddies?
Sloppiness of Warren commission was explained as overloaded with paperwork so they just wanted to close it on Oswald.
And if George Hickey really shot him by accident then why not confront the truth? If he was such a good guy. Why then hide all those photos that showed him firing and that would in that case redeem him by showing he shot by accident looking somewhere else when rifle shot; except for that one photo where he's just holding it in motorcade.

Edited by promKing, 15 November 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#43    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 15 November 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Well, which bullet wounds are you talking about? :unsure2:

Almost 10 or more eyewitnesses at Parkland Hospital described a gaping wound in the back of the Presidents head, which was much more than a bullet entrance wound....

With the exception of Adolph Giesecke, MD, the Parkland witnesses were unanimous in placing the skull wound rearward on the right side. No Parkland observer placed the wound solely anteriorly on the right side. (Adolph Giesecke, MD felt the wound extended from occiput to the front, but on the left side.) Given Mrs. Kennedy's recollection of "holding the top of his head down" it may well be that the wound did extend more anteriorly than was apparent to Parkland witnesses. This might be explained by a blood clot forming en route from Dealey Plaza to Parkland while Mrs. Kennedy held "the top" of JFK's "head down" causing the more anterior extent of the wound to be unappreciated by the emergency personnel. It is clear, however, that the Parkland witnesses described a wound in the rear of the skull on the right side. The background and qualifications of the Parkland observers make their repeated, corroborating observations compelling: there was a very obvious defect in the back of the head which was much more than a bullet entrance wound.

Link: http://www.assassina...web.com/ag6.htm

Here are the eyewitnesses original testimony: http://www.jfklancer...arklandDrs.html

Of course, the Warren Commission said the witnesses were mistaken and placed the bullet wound on the right side of the head...

They were mistaken, according to the Warren Commission, which relied on an autopsy report description of a "largely irregular defect" and a drawing which showed the large wound to be on the right side of the head. The autopsy report also firmly placed a small entrance wound low in the back of the head, just above and to the right of the external occipital protuberance.

The two differing descriptions turned into three when in 1968 an independent panel of experts reviewed the autopsy photos and X-rays, and declared that the entrance wound had been mis-measured at autopsy by about 4 inches! According to the Clark Panel, the entry was up in the cowlick.

The House Select Committee on Assassinations convened a nine-member panel of experts in the late 1970s which concurred with the Clark Panel on the location of the head wounds (while disputing other Clark Panel findings). The HSCA also for the first time interviewed many of those present at the autopsy who had witnessed the wounds, and elicited drawings from several of them. The HSCA then declared that "All of those interviewed who attended the autopsy corroborated the general location of the wounds as depicted in the [autopsy] photographs; none had differing accounts." The interviews themselves were not published.

When the HSCA's witness interviews and drawings were released in the early 1990s, they told a dramatically different story. Many of the autopsy witnesses had described a large rear head wound; in some accounts the wound also extended into the right side. The Assassination Records Review Board conducted its own interviews with a similar result.

Was Kennedy shot from the front, from the grassy knoll or some other location? The "hard" evidence of the autopsy photographs and X-rays is still used to buttress the theory that all shots came from behind, but these are incomplete and the authenticity of some of them has been called into question. And what about the Zapruder film, which does not appear to show any rearward damage to Kennedy's head? One thing is certain - the official accounts have consistently declared that the shots came from behind, while continually changing the actual findings which support that idea.

Link: http://www.maryferre...ing_Head_Wounds

#44    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,274 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostpromKing, on 15 November 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Can it also make 6 mm entrance hole as apparently JFK's head-shot was?

So I watched the documentary "JFK: The Smoking Gun" some of you recommended which presents a theory that JFK was shot in the head by security officer, George Hickey, from the car behind. And the way they present it does look compelling but to say he did it by accident is really thin. I mean why would the rest of security officers help him sabotage the investigation? They make a hint in a doc that it was because they were drinking buddies, but isn't participating in a murder too much just because he's your drinking buddy? Or the FBI and the police, they could see that security officers were sabotaging the investigation from the beginning by not allowing coroner in Parkland hospital do the autopsy on JFK. Were they also drinking buddies?
Sloppiness of Warren commission was explained as overloaded with paperwork so they just wanted to close it on Oswald.
And if George Hickey really shot him by accident then why not confront the truth? If he was such a good guy. Why then hide all those photos that showed him firing and that would in that case redeem him by showing he shot by accident looking somewhere else when rifle shot; except for that one photo where he's just holding it in motorcade.

Absolutely. The only way that Hickey could have got away with killing the President was that every single agent with him lied. Deliberately and continued to do so until his death. And logic tells you that when he died, one of them at least would have fessed up then. I don't believe Hickey had anything to do with JFK's death.

#45    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,274 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

The young exmarine who had served in Korea, I think, was standing with his family on the grass to the front and to the right of JFK's limo. I expect having been in action he'd know something about where shots are coming from. He got his family down on the ground straight away because the shot came from behind him.
He was there and his story, which he never changed, was that the kill shot came from behind him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users