Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Why Obamacare Isnít Losing Popularity

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#1    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

lp-ResslerPosted Image on  November 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Posted Image
CREDIT: Charles Dharapak/AP
A new poll released on Wednesday finds that uninsured Americans are increasingly interested in Obamacare, despite the ongoing technological problems plaguing the websites that allow them to sign up for health insurance plans. The Reuters/Ipsos poll found that 42 percent of Americans who currently lack insurance intend to enroll in a plan under Obamacare — a slight uptick from last month, when 37 percent of that population indicated they wanted to enroll. Overall public support for the health reform law also rose from 44 percent to 47 percent.
And that’s just the latest poll to find that Obamacare isn’t losing ground among the public, despite a month of headlines that have bemoaned its exchanges as a total disaster and warned Americans that it may cause them to get booted from their current insurance plan. At the end of last month, a Gallup poll found that Americans were “slightly more positive” about the health reform law after three weeks of its rocky roll-out than they were right before the exchanges launched. Around the same time, both a Washington Post poll and a Pew Research Center poll found that public opinion about Obamacare hadn’t taken a nosedive despite the frustrating issues with the website glitches.

http://thinkprogress...-opinion-press/

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

POPULAR

Coulda fooled me.
And the fact they've already spent over 360 million in advert campaigns, they could have given a million to every person in the country who needs health care, and be done with it.
FAIL

Miss me?

#3    Rut Roh

Rut Roh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

And "Faux" news is a hard source to follow because of ITS bias?  lol

#4    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,327 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Since I have health insurance, I don't have a dog in this fight. But those who don't have healthcare are looking like they really would like to have some insurance coverage, because some is better than none.

#5    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 November 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Coulda fooled me.
And the fact they've already spent over 360 million in advert campaigns, they could have given a million to every person in the country who needs health care, and be done with it.
FAIL

Absolutely blows me away. Hospitals are overrun with magazine racks full of Govt. spam literature, posters, info books and flyers no one will ever do anything with besides fan themselves, draw on, paper plane, ect.   It's usually bad with all the boring stop smoking, loose weight, diabetes, suicide, flu shot, HBP, ect, but right now its off the charts.

I don't get how anyone thinks these kind of basic promotional/goodwill efforts are a good idea in 2013.

Sickening.  

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#6    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,726 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostBeany, on 08 November 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Since I have health insurance, I don't have a dog in this fight. But those who don't have healthcare are looking like they really would like to have some insurance coverage, because some is better than none.
Hey Beany,
When your Insurance Company cancels your policy...and then  you find out in order to continue with the same coverage that your costs will be considerably more than you were paying before...will you then have a dog in the fight?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#7    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostBeany, on 08 November 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

I had ins but canceled. going to hold out until I'm not being forced to do it now. If I get sick I'll just leave my wallet in the car and go to county gen. stoopid komie libofarts.

Now I'm off to work on the old lady's bunions while her mother gives me tips on being a better husband. LiG. :blink:

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#8    joc

joc

• 12,726 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 November 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Coulda fooled me.
FAIL
uh...that would mean there are only 360 people in the country...but...hey...I get your point...and you're right...with all the money they've spent...trillions on 'stimulus after stimulus'  yeah...I get your point.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#9    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Postjoc, on 08 November 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

Hey Beany,
When your Insurance Company cancels your policy...and then  you find out in order to continue with the same coverage that your costs will be considerably more than you were paying before...will you then have a dog in the fight?

Sounds like maybe it's the health insurance companies fault.

Major point here, huge; I read on the ACA website today that the ACA will not cancel plans, and in no way will the ACA force you to drop it. That would boil down to the insurance companies dropping people, not Obama or the governments fault. Repeat; the insurance companies are dropping people, not anyone else. And you know why? Because they didn't meet baseline standards. Baseline standards which apply to all in this case.

Now, to get back to your point. Why would a plan get cancelled with the same coverage, then only to find you can continue the plan, only for more? I've heard of people with coverage that doesn't meet standards getting cancelled, but not cancelled for no reason. Something tells me you made that up.

Edited by andy4, 08 November 2013 - 05:21 AM.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#10    joc

joc

• 12,726 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

View Postandy4, on 08 November 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

Sounds like maybe it's the health insurance companies fault.

Major point here, huge; I read on the ACA website today that the ACA will not cancel plans, and in no way will the ACA force you to drop it. That would boil down to the insurance companies dropping people, not Obama or the governments fault. Repeat; the insurance companies are dropping people, not anyone else. And you know why? Because they didn't meet baseline standards. Baseline standards which apply to all in this case.

Now, to get back to your point. Why would a plan get cancelled with the same coverage, then only to find you can continue the plan, only for more? I've heard of people with coverage that doesn't meet standards getting cancelled, but not cancelled for no reason. Something tells me you made that up.
Your first mistake...going to the ACA website...but hey...what do you care anyway right?  Obama said it's okay right?  Who cares that he has lied about everything ...and I mean everything...Bill Ayres was just a guy in my neighborhood...right?...No, Bill Ayers was a pivotal player in the beginning of Obama's running for President...but...so what...we trust Obama...right?

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#11    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

View Postjoc, on 08 November 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Your first mistake...going to the ACA website...but hey...what do you care anyway right?  Obama said it's okay right?  Who cares that he has lied about everything ...and I mean everything...Bill Ayres was just a guy in my neighborhood...right?...No, Bill Ayers was a pivotal player in the beginning of Obama's running for President...but...so what...we trust Obama...right?

Nice Fox News talking point you brought up. Obama himself said he has had no association with him. They both were in Chicago at the same time. Does this now make Obama guilty of associating with him? No, of course not. But with that said, what does Bill Ayers have to do with any of this?

Nobody cares that Obama lied anymore. It's about time to get over this. Everyone lies, on an almost daily, if not daily basis. Should that now discredit everything this person is? You let me know.

Liar liar pants on fire! It feels like the 3rd grade again with some of these threads and talking points.

Edited by andy4, 08 November 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#12    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,903 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

View Postandy4, on 08 November 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

Nice Fox News talking point you brought up. Obama himself said he has had no association with him. They both were in Chicago at the same time. Does this now make Obama guilty of associating with him? No, of course not. But with that said, what does Bill Ayers have to do with any of this?

The ties between 0bama and this terrorist have long been established. And just like your next sentence is about to prove, you cant believe a word that comes outta his mouth. The man is a known lier.

Nobody cares that Obama lied anymore. It's about time to get over this. Everyone lies, on an almost daily, if not daily basis. Should that now discredit everything this person is? You let me know.

Liar liar pants on fire! It feels like the 3rd grade again with some of these threads and talking points.

I seriously doubt you would hold damn near anyone to the same standard. If you caught say, your wife cheating on you 50 times, and you just watched a naked guy jump out your window after coming home, would you care, or just get over it after she tells you she wasnt cheating? And thats basicaly been the problem with both party for a long time now. Faithfull followers who do not hold our leardership to any standard what so ever. Thats why today we are several trillion in debt, and ruled by big banks and corperations. Then when folks point out that we can do better. That we could put forth people who care about the rule of law, and the constitution, responcible spending, somehow WE are the problem. Thats about as pathetic a stance you can take. Shame on you.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#13    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 08 November 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

I seriously doubt you would hold damn near anyone to the same standard. If you caught say, your wife cheating on you 50 times, and you just watched a naked guy jump out your window after coming home, would you care, or just get over it after she tells you she wasnt cheating? And thats basicaly been the problem with both party for a long time now. Faithfull followers who do not hold our leardership to any standard what so ever. Thats why today we are several trillion in debt, and ruled by big banks and corperations. Then when folks point out that we can do better. That we could put forth people who care about the rule of law, and the constitution, responcible spending, somehow WE are the problem. Thats about as pathetic a stance you can take. Shame on you.

Very well said preacherman, and I agree. :tu:

#14    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Just wanted to let you know that not everyone knows about "obama care" I know weird right but a lot of low income people dont really watch the news. Ive talk to a a few people that didnt know the government was going to force them to buy insurance. Which they replied with "***** that".

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,769 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postninjadude, on 08 November 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

lp-ResslerPosted Image on  November 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Posted Image
CREDIT: Charles Dharapak/AP
A new poll released on Wednesday finds that uninsured Americans are increasingly interested in Obamacare, despite the ongoing technological problems plaguing the websites that allow them to sign up for health insurance plans. The Reuters/Ipsos poll found that 42 percent of Americans who currently lack insurance intend to enroll in a plan under Obamacare — a slight uptick from last month, when 37 percent of that population indicated they wanted to enroll. Overall public support for the health reform law also rose from 44 percent to 47 percent.
And that’s just the latest poll to find that Obamacare isn’t losing ground among the public, despite a month of headlines that have bemoaned its exchanges as a total disaster and warned Americans that it may cause them to get booted from their current insurance plan. At the end of last month, a Gallup poll found that Americans were “slightly more positive” about the health reform law after three weeks of its rocky roll-out than they were right before the exchanges launched. Around the same time, both a Washington Post poll and a Pew Research Center poll found that public opinion about Obamacare hadn’t taken a nosedive despite the frustrating issues with the website glitches.

http://thinkprogress...-opinion-press/

But what are people saying they like?  Do they really understand what Obamacare is - I would guess not since the guy whose name is on it seems to not know.  Do they just like the idea of free healthcare?  I'm sure they do - who wouldn't.  But as we're learning, that's not what Obamacare is in reality.  I'd also be curious to know how many who say they like it have actually tried to go online and sign up for it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users