Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Mars Snail, Bone Or Weathered Rock?

mars

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#16    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,005 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 10 November 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Also interesting are all the flat circles scored with symmetrical rays coming from smaller offset circles. Anybody want to guess?
No guesses needed.  The panorama photo is taken from Opportunity's landing site.  The "flat circles with symmetrical rays" are marks left by the airbags that were used to cushion Opportunity's landing while it crash landed and bounced forward until it came to a rest before deploying the rover.

As I've already noted and which is explained by NASA on their website that the image is taken from.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#17    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,005 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 10 November 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

have you guys and galls seen all other stuff that is all over the place in the image? But the "snail" one is freaking awesome.One of the best mars mysteries so far ...

Why there are traces in the soil representing a sun ? Aliens sending us a message ?
Or they are obviously marks left by the airbags that the landers deployed before they hit the surface and rolled to a halt before deflating and letting the rovers deploy.

As I already noted and which is explained in the NASA link I provided above in this thread.

How about people read the freaking thread and the links and explanations provided within before blurting out an ill-informed opinion?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#18    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

or you chill out not taking anything too personally...
some of us like dreamin...

Edited by qxcontinuum, 10 November 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#19    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,005 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Whatever... Posting an explanation and pointing out that it has already been explained in a thread is not taking things personally, it's merely pointing out the typical laziness of forums users who launch into posts without reading the thread they' re replying to.

Did i say something that made no sense or is factually wrong?  If so, tell me what's wrong and I'll either try to explain myself or admit my error.  Otherwise, please let's not resort to this kind of petty nonsense.

#20    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,548 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

Your expertise is always appreciated but full of drama ...

this

View PostJesseCuster, on 10 November 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

How about people read the freaking thread and the links and explanations provided within before blurting out an ill-informed opinion?

Edited by qxcontinuum, 10 November 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#21    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,005 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

What is your point, if any?

I've repeatedly explained the silly "traces in the soil representing a sun" idea as being marks left by the lander's airbags.

Just what are you (or anyone else) arguing for or against at this point in the thread?

That the object in the OP is of extraterrestrial origin?  That the "traces in the soil representing a sun" marks are of extraterrestrial origin?  I can't even disagree with you as I don't know what you're saying.  You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing and I can't make out what, if any, argument you're trying to make.

Edited by JesseCuster, 10 November 2013 - 04:21 AM.

#22    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 10 November 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

Sigh...

This isn't Curiosity's landing site, it's Opportunity's landing site.

There was no sky crane for the Spirit and Opportunity landers.  They used a cruder method more suitable for smaller lighter landers and rovers.  They used a parachute to slow their descent and then inflated airbags to cushion their landing. They crashed into the surface of Mars and bounced along the surface until they came to a halt, then deflated the airbags before deploying the rovers.

The surface marks we're seeing are marks made by the airbags rolling the rover into its final resting place that it started its mission from.
Sorry, my bad.

#23    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,548 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

It looks like all the mars missions failed to discover past or perhaps present life just because those looking for it don't even believe in it firstly ... Without faith is all a big waste of money.

And it seems you are examining the same images like everyone else but pulling some conclusions that must be necessarily accepted by everyone as entirely true and nothing else but the truth. Is your computer magical, do you know details we can't see?

Same as you're claiming to be signs from landing I am saying they are aliens. Big tall grey aliens. They draw a sun there to let us know this fact. You can't never prove me otherwise as I don't as well...

Edited by qxcontinuum, 10 November 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#24    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,548 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 10 November 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

What is your point, if any?
I've repeatedly explained the silly "traces in the soil representing a sun" idea as being marks left by the lander's airbags.

Wait , what?

You are saying that those land traces representing a perfect circle and it's line coincidentally looking like a sun have been created when the airbag snapped revealing the lander? Where is the airbag then?
In fact you can clearly see the airbags if you scroll about 120 degrees to the right.

have Nasa identified the pieces from the rover including the one was posted by OP? if this is truly where is originating? Nobody worried about it?

Edited by qxcontinuum, 10 November 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#25    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

It looks like a bone,but it could be a rock

#26    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostKahn, on 09 November 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

It's a rock for crying out loud!  What makes it look weird is that the majority of the light colored rock is covered with same dark dust (carefully examine to the right side of the "snail" and you'll see what I mean) as the plain it rests upon.

Not part of an ancient alien skeleton?  What makes you think it's not?

Posted Image

#27    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 November 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Not part of an ancient alien skeleton?  What makes you think it's not?

This, makes me think its not. http://marsrovers.jp...9_20040304.html

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#28    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,107 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 10 November 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Your expertise is always appreciated but full of drama ...

I find the irony hilarious - this came from someone who didn't bother checking even the most basic facts before posting these calm, well-considered words:

have you guys and galls seen all other stuff that is all over the place in the image? But the "snail" one is freaking awesome.One of the best mars mysteries so far ...
Why there are traces in the soil representing a sun ? Aliens sending us a message ?

No drama there at all.  If that was me, I'd be meekly apologising for wasting the forum's time - rather than trying to deflect responsibility by criticising others...

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#29    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,164 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

The infamous 'Air Bag Bunny' surfaces yet again!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#30    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,005 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 10 November 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

You are saying that those land traces representing a perfect circle and it's line coincidentally looking like a sun have been created when the airbag snapped revealing the lander? Where is the airbag then?
In fact you can clearly see the airbags if you scroll about 120 degrees to the right.
Could you please identify the "perfect circles" you are referring to?  What is it that "looks like a sun"?

And no, I'm not making any claims about perfect circles.   I didn't mention perfect circles, you're the only person talking about perfect circles, which you have yet to identify or justify.

What are you talking about?

Edited by JesseCuster, 10 November 2013 - 12:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users