Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Mars Snail, Bone Or Weathered Rock?

mars

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#31    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostLilly, on 10 November 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

The infamous 'Air Bag Bunny' surfaces yet again!

You'd think that is an almost 10 year old photo clearly showed a bone or a snail, then Curiosity would currently be looking for bones and snails on Mars.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#32    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 November 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Not part of an ancient alien skeleton?  What makes you think it's not?
too flat

#33    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Mars Snail, Bone Or Weathered Rock?.....

Ah...the infamous Mars snail of legend.........DOH.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#34    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 10 November 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Could you please identify the "perfect circles" you are referring to?  What is it that "looks like a sun"?

And no, I'm not making any claims about perfect circles.   I didn't mention perfect circles, you're the only person talking about perfect circles, which you have yet to identify or justify.

What are you talking about?

look here please;

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,285 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

You think this is a perfect circle? I could draw a cleaner circle in the sand at my local beach with a stick.

Posted Image

Here's a couple of views of the airbags when inflated, taken during testing by NASA,  Notice a familiar circle and line pattern in the seams of them?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think that's pretty much case closed, wouldn't you agree?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#36    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,899 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yes i agree now...that is what it is. The other pieces are still intriguing though.

#37    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostHazzard, on 10 November 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

This, makes me think its not. http://marsrovers.jp...9_20040304.html

Man made, no doubt. Thanks for the link, Hazz. :tu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#38    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 10 November 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

You think this is a perfect circle? I could draw a cleaner circle in the sand at my local beach with a stick.

Posted Image

Here's a couple of views of the airbags when inflated, taken during testing by NASA,  Notice a familiar circle and line pattern in the seams of them?

Posted Image

Posted ImageI

I think that's pretty much case closed, wouldn't you agree?

Awesome debunking..... case closed. :nw:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#39    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,899 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

A few yes, still the initial item posted by the poster is very intriguing

http://marsrovers.jp...02151804_br.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum, 11 November 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#40    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 11 November 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

A few yes, still the initial item posted by the poster is very intriguing

http://marsrovers.jp...02151804_br.jpg

Did you click on Hazzards link....

"Our team believes that this odd-looking feature is a piece of soft material that definitely came from our vehicle," said Rob Manning, lead engineer for entry, descent and landing. "We cannot say exactly where it came from but we can say that there are several possibilities: cotton insulation, Vectran covers and wraps from the airbag,Zylon bridle tensioning ties, or felt insulation from the gas generators.... The list goes on.

We do not think this is parachute material, however, due to its color (it does not look blue enough to be the undyed nylon or red enough to be the dyed nylon).

#41    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,384 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 10 November 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Wait , what?

You are saying that those land traces representing a perfect circle and it's line coincidentally looking like a sun have been created when the airbag snapped revealing the lander? Where is the airbag then?

:clap: :clap:  This just made my morning - a sun picture on mars 'conveniently' near the rover!!! Classic! Did you know there's also a lake up there with lush green vegetation around it? Lake Tau?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#42    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    –– DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 November 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Not part of an ancient alien skeleton?  What makes you think it's not?

Do you even bother to read what other people post?  Or was this post an attempt at a joke?

"Our team believes that this odd-looking feature is a piece of soft material that definitely came from our vehicle," said Rob Manning, lead engineer for entry, descent and landing. "We cannot say exactly where it came from but we can say that there are several possibilities: cotton insulation, Vectran covers and wraps from the airbag,Zylon bridle tensioning ties, or felt insulation from the gas generators.... The list goes on.

We do not think this is parachute material, however, due to its color (it does not look blue enough to be the undyed nylon or red enough to be the dyed nylon).

Thanks Hazzard!

Edited by phantasia, 11 November 2013 - 11:41 AM.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#43    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,341 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Like I said awhile back,"Air Bag Bunny". Sometimes the answer is just obvious.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#44    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,899 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Ok, so my statements were more fictional on the subject. I,ve added the element "what if " just to see the reaction of the most majority here. It is extraordinary how unprepared some of you can be and not ready to embrace the probability of alien life, no matter how thin this should be. Same as UFO's on earth where i would personally need solid evidence to believe they are real but that is not undermining my curiosity and readiness for acceptance  or that something required to dig for more explanations. Most of you are not even open to this concept, which obviously is adding an unhealthy conversational environment affecting dialogs. It seems some have made a purpose or hobby in debunking stories or sightings but what truly must be understood here is the necessity of maintaining an alert stage and bring up the benefit of the doubt in very story. What if or maybe should be the elements every debunker should think about before letting their judgement be influenced by believes or pointless determination.

I found similarities in the scientific community where scientists responsible to study of data indicating potential life on other planets would simply evaluate with reticence starting from the. premises that we are alone in universe.

It will never work like that unfortunately. It has been proven on earth that only with enthusiasm and faith/dedication to the cause  major discoveries have been produced including.

Edited by qxcontinuum, 11 November 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#45    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 11 November 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Ok, so my statements were more fictional on the subject. I,ve added the element "what if " just to see the reaction of the most majority here. It is extraordinary how unprepared some of you can be and not ready to embrace the probability of alien life, no matter how thin this should be. Same as UFO's on earth where i would personally need solid evidence to believe they are real but that is not undermining my curiosity and readiness for acceptance  or that something required to dig for more explanations. Most of you are not even open to this concept, which obviously is adding an unhealthy conversational environment affecting dialogs. It seems some have made a purpose or hobby in debunking stories or sightings but what truly must be understood here is the necessity of maintaining an alert stage and bring up the benefit of the doubt in very story. What if or maybe should be the elements every debunker should think about before letting their judgement be influenced by believes or pointless determination.

I found similarities in the scientific community where scientists responsible to study of data indicating potential life on other planets would simply evaluate with reticence starting from the. premises that we are alone in universe.

It will never work like that unfortunately. It has been proven on earth that only with enthusiasm and faith/dedication to the cause  major discoveries have been produced including.

Contrary to how some of the believers do their investigation (looking only for the stuff that supports their preconceived notion) there are others that do this by falsification. Trying our best to debunk a claim, a photo, youtube video or whatever, just to see if it holds water.

The "bunny" does not.

Edited by Hazzard, 11 November 2013 - 02:17 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users