Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

France Stands Firm?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,614 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://www.cbsnews.c...ran-nuke-talks/

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,197 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

reminds me rather of the old joke about America wanting to make up for being late for the last two wars by being early for the next; only now France under its current dynamic leadership seems to be eager to take up the cudgels of Sabre-Rattler-in-Chief now that Mr. O's dropped the ball. America's Top Diplomat™ John Kerry will be pleased with them.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 10 November 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,174 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

The French rattle a darned good sabre, and no mistake - not much use though when they actually have to fight somebody with it!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,614 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

It seems an odd move on their part - at least to me.  I am glad that someone decided to stop the rush to a stupid agreement.  I expect it will only delay the inevitable but who knows?  Maybe the congress can throw up a roadblock or two as well.  Bibi no longer has any scrap of evidence that Obama is being truthful abut his no Iranian nukes pledge.  It will be an interesting meeting of Israel's government today.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,197 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

POPULAR

I just happened upon this quote just now, which seems rather fitting:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence, clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary".
~ H. L. Mencken, 1920.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,614 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 10 November 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

I just happened upon this quote just now, which seems rather fitting:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence, clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary".
~ H. L. Mencken, 1920.
True to be sure - but it doesn't provoke a sane reader to believe that NO dangers exist in the world - they have to look to their own arrogance for those assurances.

#7    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,197 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

But each new danger is always so much more worse than any that's gone before, isn't it. Now that they've been cheated out of their war in Syria, the old menace has been taken down from the shelf and dusted off again. But since the People have begun to show that they don't believe this constant reiteration of Danger as easily as they used to, the old Hobgoblin has had to be given a facelift and polished up to make it even more scary. And now America's Top Diplomat has a new best friend that's acting all tough and growling obediently to order. The world, however, and particularly its Bad Guys, find it hard to take seriously a poodle that's growling at them.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#8    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postand then, on 10 November 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

True to be sure - but it doesn't provoke a sane reader to believe that NO dangers exist in the world - they have to look to their own arrogance for those assurances.

Danger has only heightened through attempts to quell such.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,614 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 November 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Danger has only heightened through attempts to quell such.
Now THAT I can agree with.  Poses quite the quandary though.  When real danger exists and it is ignored then the outcome can be very serious.  911 is an example of that.  If something similar or worse happens then everyone will be singing their same tired old tunes but those who get caught in the destruction won't be around to hear them.  
Iran finances and controls terror cells around the world.  It is the primary means of support for Hezbollah and has been known to support the Hamas as well.  Regardless the semantic games played with A'jad's words this nation has called for the destruction of a member state of the UN.  When they finally assemble their weapon it will create a very tense and more dangerous situation in the most volatile region on the planet.  Those are facts that no amount of dismissive rhetoric will change.  I'm happy that the French - for whatever reason - decided to put the breaks on a ridiculous surrender to the mullahs.

#10    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Postealdwita, on 10 November 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

The French rattle a darned good sabre, and no mistake - not much use though when they actually have to fight somebody with it!

They create a big cloud of dust when they leg it..

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#11    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

• 27,197 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

View Postand then, on 10 November 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Now THAT I can agree with.  Poses quite the quandary though.  When real danger exists and it is ignored then the outcome can be very serious.  911 is an example of that.  If something similar or worse happens then everyone will be singing their same tired old tunes but those who get caught in the destruction won't be around to hear them.  
Iran finances and controls terror cells around the world.  It is the primary means of support for Hezbollah and has been known to support the Hamas as well.  Regardless the semantic games played with A'jad's words this nation has called for the destruction of a member state of the UN.  When they finally assemble their weapon it will create a very tense and more dangerous situation in the most volatile region on the planet.  Those are facts that no amount of dismissive rhetoric will change.  
So did Iraq, according to the former liar- I mean, president. Did you believe that it did, or did you know that the former President was lying? Does that mean that the current President must be telling the truth? Do you believe for one moment that France cares so much about the danger to peace loving little Israel that it 's decided that this issue is worth making a stand over, or is it doing just what Tony Bliar did and wants to be America's Number One Best Friend?

i expect this'll just be dismissed as rhetoric. Whereas all the emotion with which you always talk about the existential threat to Israel never is, of course. That' just stating facts.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#12    DudeMcDude

DudeMcDude

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

I would like to jump in on this topic, as someone who has local knowledge of France.

This behavior from France is not really new in the last ten years, as the French state has been showing more and more its submission to the sionist lobby and pressure/interest groups.

Whether through the laws that increasingly prevent any criticism of Israel or sionism (allowing them to be banded in with the regrettable laws of "antisemitism" and "negationism"),
the high level protection afforded to leading members of a certain community over all other French people (from criminal prosecution for instance),
the increasingly aggressive rhetoric of state officials against people and countries with which the French had a special relationship for so long (Middle-East, Arab world in general),
and the clear impact of sionist elites on government actions (France went to war with Libya after the insistance and "personal visit" to Sarkozy by the sionist "french" "philosopher" Bernard Henri-Levy, who "unfortunately" didn't manage to reiterate his success for Syria - though he tries his damndest),
what we see here is just another step in the increased subservience of the French state to the sionist elites. The fact that the US is perhaps beginning to awaken to the reality that their "close friendship" with sionism won't always be for mutual interest leads Israel to demand more efforts from others. It could also be that after feeling resistance from the US public on the latest warmongering efforts, the government can't take it's usual tough guy stance, but is happy to let France come in and fill the role (US side didn'T really seem that upset about that...).

Either way, I wouldn't call the French position here "brave" in any way. Bravery has left that nation'S head for a while now, and only personal interests, nepotism and favoritism seem to be the rule (ask all those who thought there would be change after we replaced the Right with the Left. Same pockets being serviced, doesn't really matter...).

So yeah, France might "care" more than others about Israel in this matter, in the way that a kid might "care" about getting his bully classmate the answers to tomorrow's test because his Daddy's rich and he lets'im come over and play with his toys every now and then. Nothing to be proud of really, quite the shame in fact.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,614 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 11 November 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

So did Iraq, according to the former liar- I mean, president. Did you believe that it did, or did you know that the former President was lying? Does that mean that the current President must be telling the truth? Do you believe for one moment that France cares so much about the danger to peace loving little Israel that it 's decided that this issue is worth making a stand over, or is it doing just what Tony Bliar did and wants to be America's Number One Best Friend?

i expect this'll just be dismissed as rhetoric. Whereas all the emotion with which you always talk about the existential threat to Israel never is, of course. That' just stating facts.
So did Iraq?  What are you talking about?  My points were clear enough. I said nothing about supporting the invasion of Iraq.  I did not say Iran had a bomb I said WHEN they decide to assemble (foregone conclusion now and unstoppable) I said Iran is KNOWN to support terror.  I understand the points you make and we completely disagree most of the time.  You apparently believe Iran is NOT a threat to kill indiscriminately in western countries, that it does not support terror groups and is no more dangerous controlling nukes than any other country.  Duly noted.

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,925 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

French military victories?   Did you mean French military defeats?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#15    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,971 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

View Postealdwita, on 10 November 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

No worries they will surrender before they start.I've heard that the Italian tanks (1 forward and 3 reverse gears) have just reached Iraq.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users