Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Are Birthmarks Connected to Violent Death in

past lives

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1    JohnWoodland

JohnWoodland

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

hi guys,

Wanted to ask what you think of this. There is increasing cases of physical evidence for past lives, not just memories. Do you have such signs? do you think this is legit

" An old woman died in Thailand with the wish to reincarnate as a boy. Her daughter dipped a finger in white paste and marked the back of the woman’s neck with the paste.

Not long after the woman’s death, the daughter gave birth to a son with a white mark on the back of his neck that mirrored the white paste left on the woman’s neck. When the boy became old enough to talk, he would claim possession of things that belonged to his grandmother as though they’d always been his.

This is one of many cases recounted by Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia in which birthmarks seem to relate to past lives."

Source Here

John

#2    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hmm.. I've heard of such things. Like there was one I heard about a child who claims he was shot in the chest and killed (I guess in a past life) and this child had birthmarks all over his chest in the same spots as he claims the bullets were.

I think it would be quite neat if we could for sure prove it, but many people don't even believe in past lives, and there really isn't a way to firmly prove it. Our brain can come up with almost anything, so something you thought to be a memory could be a dream, or what you thought to be a vivid dream, a memory.

I think I may have had dreams in which I saw snippets from past lives... I've had these dreams multiple times and everytime they're super vivid.

Although, I have a birthmark on my shoulder that looks like an arrow pointing upwards, and a fainter birthmark that's almost exactly the same on the other shoulder... I wonder what that means? Maybe my arms were ripped out of their sockets, or I broke them or was stabbed or shot.. In the shoulders :P

Still, it's quite neat to think about :)
Some also believe that body moles in certain spots have meanings to them as well.

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#3    sophSPOOK

sophSPOOK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

This is the first i have heard anything like this and i find it fascinating but yeah there are people who dont believe in past lives. I believe in them and find this all interesting. My birthmark is in my knee but also have one on my neck. So who knows? haha

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

JohnWoodland, on 11 November 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

There is increasing cases of physical evidence for past lives, not just memories.

" An old woman died in Thailand with the wish to reincarnate as a boy. Her daughter dipped a finger in white paste and marked the back of the woman’s neck with the paste.
Not long after the woman’s death, the daughter gave birth to a son with a white mark on the back of his neck that mirrored the white paste left on the woman’s neck. When the boy became old enough to talk, he would claim possession of things that belonged to his grandmother as though they’d always been his.
This is one of many cases recounted by Dr. Jim Tucker at the University of Virginia in which birthmarks seem to relate to past lives."
Source Here
John

Really?  Where is this evidence?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#5    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

JohnWoodland, on 11 November 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

There is increasing cases of physical evidence for past lives

No there isn't.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#6    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,271 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I suppose within the realm of reincarnation it could be possible. Or at least within the notion that we actually take things between lives, like good or ill deeds, memories, connections between people, and so on. Physical manifestations might not be so far fetched within that context.

Of course there's lots of folks that don't believe in reincarnation, souls, ect.. And some people that do believe in reincarnation that don't think we actively carry things between lives... So for those folks I'm willing to bet the notion of such physical manifestation would be absurd.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#7    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I have a mole (I call it a beauty mark)  in a very private spot, large. Sure hope I wasn't shot there in a previous live. :cry:

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

s33ker, on 16 November 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

I have a mole (I call it a beauty mark)  in a very private spot, large. Sure hope I wasn't shot there in a previous live. :cry:
I have never heard of carrying physical characteristics from one life to another -- I'll ask a monk about it next time I have a chance.

I wouldn't worry about it though -- if whatever it was killed you, you probably didn't know what hit you.

The idea is if we led a reasonably good life then we have a lot of choice in where and how we are reborn, and we tend to want to replace what we just lost, so we tend to be reborn in similar but maybe a little better situation, with much the same physical appearance -- because that is our choice, not some natural process.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Emma_Acid, on 15 November 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

No there isn't.
There is always evidence -- people claiming to have memories of past lives is the most common -- but it is always of a testimonial nature and therefore not good science.

#10    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

My nan has physical scars that might be from a past life as well as myself.

My nan has a massive scar along her stomach like its been slashed with a knife but she hasn't ever been cut with a knife like that, and for myself ever since I have been old enough to notice them I have what appears to be track marks on my left arm, when I haven't ever done any drugs before.

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

As Ricky Gervais had said to Karl "That is like assoicating sinks to house fire, every house that was set on fire had a sink"

Edited by Brian Topp, 16 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#12    J_Anne

J_Anne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have many birthmarks around my thighs. I also have a few moles elsewhere. Does make me wonder.

#13    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

I mentioned this before, but I have a diamond shaped birthmark (grows fainter as I grow older) on my belly below my ribs. In the past, I had dreams of fighting a violent war in a desert and was speared to death by an enemy soldier. The birthmark I have resembles what a spear wound would look like! I wonder the coincidence between my birthmark and the dreams. I cannot date the war but we were wearing red cloaks and leather vests, using swords and spears.

#14    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,630 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

My moles come in pairs. Really. Five pairs of moles, they are small but clearly paired. I was always wondering what’s behind that weirdness. Was I bitten five times and they mark the spots where fangs pierced my skin?    
Or someone stabbed me with pitchfork? Nah, moles are too close to each other, don’t match the pitchfork though I like the idea of dying such rural death :D

And then, there’s one larger and the only single mole I have, on my chest. But that one is not puzzling, I know I was shot in the chest in my past life. I know because I would dream of my past life and these dreams were completely different than my other dreams in which I was myself. They were short but very clear.
I wouldn’t take it too seriously if I didn’t travel, later in life, and recognized the place from my dreams. To the last detail, without any doubt.
I was never dogmatic in any sense, especially not scientific dogmatic, but still it was outright shocking to discover I dreamt of an actual place. It’s not prominent spot and I could not simply pick up its layout from TV (the usual “explanation” for this kind of phenomenon).

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#15    Robin_Shadowes

Robin_Shadowes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

• I lol therefore I am.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's not a mark really. But I had a regression back in the 90's. That life ended with a bullet in the forehead. Although I have no visible mark, I have however suffered bad migraines since early childhood. After the regression I was free of pain up to almost half a year. That was the longest period I had ever been free of those headaches since a very young age. I suppose the sceptics just think it is a coincidence.

Also tagged with past lives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users