Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dental augmentations made in dirty cellars

dental

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

Earlier this month, the ABC News affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, aired a strange story: Police in Springfield had received a call-in report that a man was standing on a street corner and "shooting a gun off all day."
After a five-hour standoff, they arrested the man and searched his house. They found guns, knives, swords, and in the basement, hot plates, pots and pans, and boxes of teeth. Perplexed, they investigated further and discovered that the man's brother had been running a dental lab out of the home for about a year, supplying devices such as dentures to local dentists' offices.
The photos of the basement lab are sickening: paint peeling off the walls, dust everywhere, lots of clutter. Not exactly the kind of pristine environment you'd imagine for the manufacture of something that goes in your mouth.

More here :
http://www.motherjon...ted-dental-labs

And may I say, GROSS GROSS GROSS

Miss me?

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,906 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

My Dentist has his own 'state of the art' pristine lab for making crowns and bridges (he will proudly show it off). I guess the only solution here is to ask where ones dentures are being made. Another reason why I'm really glad I have my own teeth.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#3    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,567 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

So, now you are arguing for Government regulation?

#4    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

lmao. you should not go to restrant kitchens EVER, if you think this is bad, lol

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 November 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

Earlier this month, the ABC News affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, aired a strange story: Police in Springfield had received a call-in report that a man was standing on a street corner and "shooting a gun off all day."
After a five-hour standoff, they arrested the man and searched his house. They found guns, knives, swords, and in the basement, hot plates, pots and pans, and boxes of teeth. Perplexed, they investigated further and discovered that the man's brother had been running a dental lab out of the home for about a year, supplying devices such as dentures to local dentists' offices.
The photos of the basement lab are sickening: paint peeling off the walls, dust everywhere, lots of clutter. Not exactly the kind of pristine environment you'd imagine for the manufacture of something that goes in your mouth.

More here :
http://www.motherjon...ted-dental-labs

And may I say, GROSS GROSS GROSS

Meh, I've put much sketchier stuff in my mouth.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postsupervike, on 12 November 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

So, now you are arguing for Government regulation?

Who says the government has to regulate it.
Just make it clean by a guy certified in it.
And as I keep saying, I don't make the news ma'am, I just report it.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users