Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

David Icke - 1969 Corporate Cancer Cure

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Poststereologist, on 14 November 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Sometimes it is necessary to be direct and forceful and ask people to put up or shut up.

The basis for this thread is hearsay from 40 years ago from someone attempting to cash in for political purposes.

I wish you could go to a bank and ask for your gold, you know the receipt in your hand you believe is money, that it is not and only a receipt for 'gold' and ask the same question.

#17    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,463 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

....Why?

You'd wind up w/ some shiny rocks.

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#18    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,292 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 14 November 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I wish you could go to a bank and ask for your gold, you know the receipt in your hand you believe is money, that it is not and only a receipt for 'gold' and ask the same question.

Huh?  This has to do with what?

(BTW - I'm good with those little receipts we call money.  I give them to people and people give me stuff.  The entire economy is based on belief.  So?)

So is the guy who secretly took notes at the secret bit of a meeting alive?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#19    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,316 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

What a nonsense statement on your part.

#20    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,316 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 14 November 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Huh?  This has to do with what?

(BTW - I'm good with those little receipts we call money.  I give them to people and people give me stuff.  The entire economy is based on belief.  So?)

So is the guy who secretly took notes at the secret bit of a meeting alive?

Nibs

There you with the question that has not been answered. Is this guy dead or alive?

#21    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 3,093 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Putting aside the fact that your statement is largely unintelligible, no country in the world uses a gold standard.  Your money is NOT a receipt for gold and as it appears that you are saying it is you need to actually do some research.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#22    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postfrenat, on 15 November 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Putting aside the fact that your statement is largely unintelligible, no country in the world uses a gold standard.  Your money is NOT a receipt for gold and as it appears that you are saying it is you need to actually do some research.

No you are correct, a bank creates money now out of thin air.  My goof.   And the money that is created with a signature making a further promisory note gets sold as a bond to stock brokers.    America $17 trillion dollars in debt never will be able to pay it back when their was nothing there in the first place.

#23    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,316 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

Looks like you can't stayon topic DIIR. I say this story is bogus and I begin that proof of bogus by defying any believers to answer a simple question. Is the man in the story alive or dead?

#24    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,463 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

I feel like this has entered Schrodinger's Cat territory

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#25    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,180 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 15 November 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

No you are correct, a bank creates money now out of thin air.
No, it's far more complex then that, money is an attempt to relate an action with a delayed reward.
I work as a teacher, that is the action. For that work, I'm told that I then have $250. Once upon a time I could have directly traded that action for goods, I teach the local farmers' kids so they give me all the goods I need to survive. Nowadays, I have to have an intermediary for that action in order to secure goods. That's money.

I can't trade my services directly for goods anymore. So I need an intermediary. That's money, it's an expression of my action in order to pay other debts (taxes) or to secure goods and services.

How DIIR secures services I have no idea, seeing as he doesn't believe money exists.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,821 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

When a bank takes in a million dollars from several thousand depositors, it is entitled to assume that they won't all ask for their money at the same time.  This enables them to lend out several million fairly safely, especially in a country with deposit insurance.

That looks to me like "creating" money.

#27    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,905 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Just as a sidenote "David Icke is Right" our money's value is not backed by anything, not even tin or wood. It's value is completely arbitrary and not based on anything tangible be it metals gold, silver, platinum, copper, tin, iron or even any commodities like milk, corn or the like.

So if you go to the bank with, say, fifty dollars, and ask for silver they will just look at you strangely and give you five ten dollar bills. You won't get anything tangible that will increase in value.

Ok..I'm done. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

#28    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostRyu, on 16 November 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Just as a sidenote "David Icke is Right" our money's value is not backed by anything, not even tin or wood. It's value is completely arbitrary and not based on anything tangible be it metals gold, silver, platinum, copper, tin, iron or even any commodities like milk, corn or the like.

So if you go to the bank with, say, fifty dollars, and ask for silver they will just look at you strangely and give you five ten dollar bills. You won't get anything tangible that will increase in value.

Ok..I'm done. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Dear god........................................ :rolleyes:    Think about this then:

Where does the money come from when you get a loan of £1000 from the bank?   If people use a bank to deposit 'their money' how does the bank make so much money to pay it's bonuses and pay it's people?  I have an account and I pay them NOTHING!!  so where does all this money come from?????????????  The money doesn't actually exist in the first place, how can it.   don't even say the interest pay's for it becauseit doesn't.  Do the math.

#29    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 November 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

When a bank takes in a million dollars from several thousand depositors, it is entitled to assume that they won't all ask for their money at the same time.  This enables them to lend out several million fairly safely, especially in a country with deposit insurance.

That looks to me like "creating" money.

Where did that money come from in the first place?

The way they do it is simple, it's there system ,while we sit around mind boggling going "it's to complicated to understand" they are getting away with conning us under a pyramid scheme. We give away our signature to these banks and we create our own money, that's how messed it is.

#30    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,905 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

All I said was that our currency is not backed by anything. NOTHING! It's value is based on nothing.
Just because you can buy a bag of cheese doodles with it doesn't mean anything. It's value is arbitrary...it's value is whatever the Federal Reserve says it is.

Your response to me has nothing to do with what I posted.

Edited by Ryu, 16 November 2013 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users