Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

USA’s Bloodiest Battlefield Becomes Magnet

battle of gettysburg battlefield ghost hunters pennsylvania

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

If ghosts exist anywhere in the United States, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, is perhaps the right place to look for them.

The rolling green hills where the armies of the Union and Confederacy clashed still seem haunted by the more than 50,000 soldiers who were killed, wounded or went missing in the Battle of Gettysburg.

http://www.voanews.c...rs/1788834.html

Posted Image

#2    Thelaw1

Thelaw1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

I remember watching a documentary regarding the ghosts at Gettysburg. One chilling story told of several union re-enactors eating lunch when a man walks up, asks them how things are going where they are fighting, hands the man several bullets, and walks off and disappears. Live ammo had been banned from the site for like 80 years or so. When the re-enactors had the bullets analyzed, they were actual bullets used in the battle.

Chilling!

#3    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostThelaw1, on 14 November 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

I remember watching a documentary regarding the ghosts at Gettysburg. One chilling story told of several union re-enactors eating lunch when a man walks up, asks them how things are going where they are fighting, hands the man several bullets, and walks off and disappears. Live ammo had been banned from the site for like 80 years or so. When the re-enactors had the bullets analyzed, they were actual bullets used in the battle.

Chilling!

So a crazy guy walks up in normal clothes, joked around and then gave bullets (Note: No details on the man or the bullets).

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#4    Thelaw1

Thelaw1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 14 November 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

So a crazy guy walks up in normal clothes, joked around and then gave bullets (Note: No details on the man or the bullets).

First, from a temporal standpoint, they were in an open field and the witnesses say that he handed the bullets over to the men, walkedpast them, when they turned around probably not 5 seconds later, he was gone.  Second, obviously you do not use live ammo at a re-enactment so when he handed the bullets over to them and those bullets were analyzed, they were indeed real and from the time period of the civil war. The man appeared to them and his clothes were dirty and ragged. It looked like he hadn't showered in several days. I dunno. People lie but it was interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Thelaw1, 15 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#5    Thelaw1

Thelaw1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm not saying it is true or not. Just what I saw on TV. I have no proof either way, just going by what they said. Problem with ghost stories inherently is the inability to prove that the paranormal exists. You post videos of alleged ghost sightings and immediately people say it's fake.

#6    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

Demonic spirit's/Fallen Angel's likely have the God-given right to dwell on the battlefield due to all of the bloodshed that went on there.

Maybe America's most haunted location.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#7    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 5,006 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 16 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Demonic spirit's/Fallen Angel's likely have the God-given right to dwell on the battlefield due to all of the bloodshed that went on there.

...Why would they have this right now?

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#8    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,528 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

I hear and read a hell of a lot about folks experiencing what seems like legit activity on these battle sites, it is fascinating. I know there is a lot of hysteria around publicity for the tours and whatnot alongside that, it's down to your own thoughts whether you believe the possibility of lingering energy. I haven't come across much about the D-Day sites along northern France, which is odd considering how 'fresh' it would be. I know the civil war is a lot more popular than the allied landings for tourism but it's still peculiar. War is certainly a huge freaking magnet for myriad negative emotion and events, the sites I believe are almost nuclear poisoned, many imprints will remain beyond our comprehension.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#9    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,713 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

My baby sister has a little hobby farm with her boyfriend in Gettysburg. She says a lot of people talk about the freaky stuff that happens there. They've haven't experienced anything themselves though a they live right by the site of one of the skirmishs.

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#10    Midyin

Midyin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

It's funny, I'm a Ghost nut and have lived in PA my entire life, yet I have never been to Gettysburg... lol

It's on my "2 do" list. Along with a trip to The Big Easy, and Savanna GA..

Edited by Midyin, 16 November 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostThelaw1, on 15 November 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm not saying it is true or not. Just what I saw on TV. I have no proof either way, just going by what they said. Problem with ghost stories inherently is the inability to prove that the paranormal exists. You post videos of alleged ghost sightings and immediately people say it's fake.

Yes, Then you get people like me who will explain HOW it is fake, post examples to show it can be reproduced.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#12    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,043 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostKelevra, on 16 November 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

...Why would they have this right now?

They've most likely had it since the 'Battle of Gettysburg'. It all goes back to the courts in Heaven. A demonic spirit can only haunt a location if it has the consent to be there. Same thing with people and possession: Playing with a legitimate Ouija board, or practicing the occult and black magic is enough to give unclean spirit's the right to your life.

They attach to the soul-body and flesh, which is where our sin lies.

Don Dickerman's books "When Pigs Move In" and "Keep The Pigs Out" are great for learning about demons and how they gain consent to our lives.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#13    TopToffee

TopToffee

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Its puzzled me for years.The Western Front has no ghost activity considering how many men and animals gave up there lives.Only reported was from WW1 troops who heard and saw Henry's troops coming home apparently which would likely be down to battle fatigue.Odd considering how many died over there.Makes you think ghosts are a mental or physical thing and not a real event. ;)

#14    Thelaw1

Thelaw1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

My favorite quote is "People are haunted, not places." I think that is true for the most part.

#15    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

They said its haunted because of the lime stone that's under ground they said lime stone makes a place haunted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users