Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Quantum physics proves that there IS an after

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife, claims scientist

Most scientists would probably say that the concept of an afterlife is either nonsense, or at the very least unprovable.
Yet one expert claims he has evidence to confirm an existence beyond the grave - and it lies in quantum physics.
Professor Robert Lanza claims the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.

http://www.dailymail...-scientist.html

Edited by sean6, 15 November 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Humans are being taught about death, have been all the time. Though my parents weren't nor ain't religious, not my mother at least, she told me about death when I was 3 or 4 or so. I remember that clearly, it's not something we learn through experience. It would be probably different if we figured those things out ourselves, I dont think animals know of death the same way we do though they too may sense danger and all that. There's a stigma attached to what is being taught about death. That you need to be good to avoid something you dont know, or that it's this big scary unknown place, a vast emptiness that makes your heart shrink. I know because that feeling haunted me for a good while when I thought I was supposed to be atheist. Life itself is unpredictable and unknown but we're not so afraid of life.

I can fathom time and space being in the eye of the beholder instead of hard-fixed things in our reality. His bottom line seems to be that observing things causes them to change. And to observe is to be conscious of something, observing is merely the link to our consciousness. I'm thinking it's not an either-or thing whether you're conscious or not of something, but how conscious you are of that something. It's just when certain tresholds in how strongly things are observed, those tresholds being breached, we see changes.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#3    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

I understand what i see can not be present without my consciousness thats ok but I dont understand how consciousnes doesnt die with death in the explained article though. perhaps I read fast and missed a part.

Posted Image

#4    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,878 posts

• I'll be back....

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

doesent sound like science to me, more like philosophy.

Finally got my black belt....

#5    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• 1,904 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

The theory seems like garbage to me, especially since Prof. Lanza's interpretation of the double slit experiment has been definitively disproven (it doesn't matter whether any conscious observer sees which slit the photons pass through, only that a machine capable of making that measurement is available).

Although it is possible that the article is trivializing Lanza's arguments...

#6    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Lanza is a medical doctor, not a physicist. There's no reason to publish his misguided wafflings about quantum physics over anyone else's.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#7    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,569 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

So something non-conscious such as a camera should not record the illusion of space? And yet it does.

#8    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,406 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Here is Dr Lanza's website where he discusses his 'theory' of Biocentrism.

I remain unconvinced of his premise - that "life creates or defines the universe". It seems to me to be little more than a nod to anthropocentrism - with a lot of 'sciencey' language thrown in to sound good.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#9    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postsepulchrave, on 15 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

The theory seems like garbage to me, especially since Prof. Lanza's interpretation of the double slit experiment has been definitively disproven (it doesn't matter whether any conscious observer sees which slit the photons pass through, only that a machine capable of making that measurement is available).
[...]
Thats just a minor obstacle for quantum woos, i.e. experimenters consciously built experiment, ergo - conscious observer (observation).

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#10    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,239 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

LOL @ "quantum woos". It's pretty funny how people attempt to apply science to ideas that are actually based on faith/belief. This kind of thing never works, but it certainly doesn't stop some people from trying.

Edited by Lilly, 15 November 2013 - 08:22 PM.
spelling error

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#11    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,137 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostLilly, on 15 November 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

LOL @ "quantum woos". It's pretty funny how people attempt to apply science to ideas that are actually based on faith/belief. This kind of thing never works, but it certainly doesn't stop some people from trying.
... and selling quantum spinal alignment (whatever that means), and similar stuff...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#12    Gomar

Gomar

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

nothing but some psycho-babble nonesense.
Why doesnt he show evidence by contacting a dead person, ask some questions unknown
to scientists, such as cure for AIDS, closest planet with life, where are Jimmy Hoffa, Emilia Earnhardt, that missing black kid in NYC, who Jesus really was, etc.

#13    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

I have got a headache trying to wrap my head around this idea...

or have I fabricated myself a headache to represent my inability to wrap my head around this idea?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#14    SilentHunter

SilentHunter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

View Postsepulchrave, on 15 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Although it is possible that the article is trivializing Lanza's arguments...

A measuring instrument bringing into existence particles from waves doesn't disprove that human observation can have the same affect. All it proves is that anything conducting measurements (eyes, ears, other human senses, non human senses) can do it.

#15    baro67

baro67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

in practice this man is saying that life and death space-time universe are just illusions created by the mind and for all we know will cease to exist along with us after death .. I do not know about you, but I see a slight contradiction in this theory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users