Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CreepyPasta Mythbusters

Midyin

Talking about Slenderman in another thread got me thinking about the fact that if you do a google search for The name of any creepypasta story you are 95% guaranteed to see someone asking "Is (insert story name here) true?", and that got me thinking about this site...

It seems every time a scary story or spooky video shows up on here it's pretty swiftly explained away and debunked, so I figured we could put those big brains to work helping the scared children sleep at night by tackling some of the biggest/most interesting CreepyPastas Like the Expressionless woman, Username 666, the Smileing Dog.jpg, and the lot...

Edited by Midyin

I don't know why some of these things even need to be debunked. In the case of smiledog, isn't the viewer of the pic supposed to experience some sort of tragedy? That's complete nonsense: there's nothing to debunk.

I don't know why some of these things even need to be debunked. In the case of smiledog, isn't the viewer of the pic supposed to experience some sort of tragedy? That's complete nonsense: there's nothing to debunk.

Well yeah, Smiledog(the real picture not the one we keep seeing on the web) is supposedly suppose to be a photo of Satan him/her self(hence why it's cursed), so that one is obviously bull ****, but what about the other hundred+ stories?..

Edited by Midyin

Well yeah, Smiledog(the real picture not the one we keep seeing on the web) is supposedly suppose to be a photo of Satan him/her self(hence why it's cursed), so that one is obviously bull ****, but what about the other hundred+ stories?..

Why would they need to be debunked? Creepy pasta are just works of fiction. They are known as works of fiction. If someone believes they are real, well, they probably also believe in unicorns, elves and wearing pants. At that point, there's no helping them. :no:

they are works of fiction... but quite often they get posted else where as a fake truth to scare people and it does work... Unfortunatley people will sometimes believe what they are told.

they are works of fiction... but quite often they get posted else where as a fake truth to scare people and it does work... Unfortunatley people will sometimes believe what they are told.

This is why everytime you google search one(like Slender man or the Expressionless woman) you'll see a bunch of "Is (insert CreepyPasta here) real?" Come up like 10-15 times...

Besides, I think some of you are looking too deeply into this. It's fun to do a little detective work and not only prove a story is bull****, but also see where the story may have come from..

Besides, I think some of you are looking too deeply into this. It's fun to do a little detective work and not only prove a story is bull****, but also see where the story may have come from..

I quite agree... I enjoy googling the validity of these posts. and never loose sight of the fact that someone with a creative streak decided to put this story together. among my personal favourites are the Candle Cove one... I like this because of the awesome way in which its presented to the reader (as a forum topic with replies) I think its really clever some of these people should be best selling authors.

I dunno about the need to debunk them.

But, doing some detectiving and finding who and where they initially originated from might be kind of cool. And also hearing teh creators thought processes while coming up w/ the stories.

• Like 1