Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Unlikely Allies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,641 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

http://www.timesofis..._medium=twitter

I've heard of politics making strange bedfellows but THIS?  Apparently Obama has managed to create a blizzard in hell ;)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Wow

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,641 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 17 November 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Wow
Yep...wow indeed.  This isn't some cheap sensationalist rag out of Israel either.  David Horovitz used to be the editor in chief of the Jerusalem Post.  Makes me wonder why the Saudis fear something that isn't happening according to most here at UM. ;)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,554 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

its a case of my enemies enemy is my friend. plus the saudis have a lot to lose, Iran could start a arms race in the middle east plus the Saudis are always looking over their shoulder at the muslim brotherhood.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#5    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Yeah but don't the Saudis have a special place in the muslim world? It would seem an attack on them would enflame the rest of the muslim world against the attacker

#6    DudeMcDude

DudeMcDude

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 25 November 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Yeah but don't the Saudis have a special place in the muslim world? It would seem an attack on them would enflame the rest of the muslim world against the attacker

The Saudis are not exactly beloved throughout the Arab world, what with their "whoring to the West" as many would put it. As a state they are mainly interested in maintaining their privileges, their wealth, their social system, and a Sunni supremacy (so anything that can give a Shia country like Iran any kind of space to thrive is seen quite negatively). Israel is probably just making use of that base mentality with some good old "we have secret intelligence that proves Iran is after you guys! But if you give us airspace access and stuff...".

Clearly a great sign from Israel. Next will come the tactical partnership with North Korea. >.>

#7    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Thatís not really all that surprising.  The question would be, what other Sunni non Persian nations is Israel working with?  What is interesting is the role Hollande is playing.  He is continuing the anti Iranian policy from at least Chirac.  But the Sauds must feel like they can control the Wahhabis.  But this is also probably just a diplomatic ploy to send a message to Tehran or this information would have never been released.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postand then, on 17 November 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

http://www.timesofis..._medium=twitter

I've heard of politics making strange bedfellows but THIS?  Apparently Obama has managed to create a blizzard in hell ;)
This is only surprising because US foreign policy in the Middle East prevented these kinds of alliances from forming.  Israel would have helped defend Saudi Arabia from Saddam Hussein.   Osama bin Laden would have too.   But we go in there with our designs of power and rewrite history so people like you who aren't familiar with what would have happened without US interventionist policy can act surprised.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users