Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Does anyone have an explanation for Deja Vu?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

I just got it right now and I am 100% sure this moment did not happen before but yet I saw it somewhere perhaps when dreaming, but what is it? I always get deja vu throughout my life and it always leaves me feeling weird like "what does it mean? Why does it happen? How is it possible?"

I would love an explanation.

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

I think Freud's explanation was either something you experienced in a dream or something you did in your past. Perhaps details were different, but so many coincidences match, that you fill in the blanks instinctively and the memory feels like reality.

Other opinions differ. You feel Déjàvu because, of a past life experience. You feel déjà vu because the experience happens in alternate dimensions or from parallel Universes (which may or may not be exactly within the same timeline). Perhaps you lived your life already in an other Universe. And while your life (in an other Universe) was composed of completely different experiences based off of your choices, that some experiences were exactly the same result or outcome.

I could go on forever on possibilities, but in reality I believe it's more mundane than any wilder notions. Déjà vu is only an emotion triggered by a real-life experience which was very similar or similar to something you've seen on TV or even from a book you've read. If it were something similar to an experience from childhood, your mind could fabricate things instinctively to match up with the current experience.

The bold déjà vu is a link BTW..

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Ohhh. Also, the experience may be only a one time deal, but it took your mind longer to process it, so it felt like a double experience. Or maybe we can see glimpses of the future.

Overall I'm gonna have to stick with Occam's Razor.

I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#4    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

There is an idea that it is a "short circuit" in the brain between short and long term memory.
http://content.time....1651507,00.html

#5    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

A bigger consciousness looking into your experience through you, as you yourself aware of the experience itself. You understand it as 'time' like it happened before, but instead it is your higher consciousness that is also the part of universal consciousness that created everything ;) I used to have A LOT of it and lots of coincidences like looking at the watch when it is exactly 10:10, 13:13, 11:11 etc. But not anymore. I am over it :)

Posted Image

#6    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I get d&eacute;j&agrave; Vu all the time and it always feels like I had seen It somewhere, but forgotten.

I have a wild theory that our entire fate and everything we've ever done and everything we will do is already known somewhere within our mind or soul. Like someone mentioned above, the higher consciousness. And maybe these little pieces of memory happen to leak out sometimes, making it feel like you've seen it before :)

Well, that's one of my theories... Not sure if it's true or not. But it's quite interesting to sit and ponder about :P

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#7    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Deja vu is a glitch in the matrix.

#8    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 17 November 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

There is an idea that it is a "short circuit" in the brain between short and long term memory.
http://content.time....1651507,00.html
That was an interesting article, thanks!

#9    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostSereneScene, on 17 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I just got it right now and I am 100% sure this moment did not happen before but yet I saw it somewhere perhaps when dreaming, but what is it? I always get deja vu throughout my life and it always leaves me feeling weird like "what does it mean? Why does it happen? How is it possible?"

I would love an explanation.

One possibility is mental projection.  The mental faculties have the ability to project into what one might be doing say in the following day or week.  Sometimes clairvoyantly so.

It's a bit like you catching up with you projection.

Edited by zoser, 17 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Posted Image

#10    WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

• "It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing that article, it's very interesting. This has happened to me many times, where I felt like a certain situation has happened before. And I always wondered what it could be. Thanks for posting up this thread. It sure does clear up a few things! :tu:

Posted Image

#11    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 17 November 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Deja vu is a glitch in the matrix.

Funny, I was going to post that too. I can sense that we live in a Matrix type existence. This one is biological or natural, but still a program. Maybe not like the computer type, but of something much more elaborate and detailed.

#12    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Watch from about the 5 minute mark to around the 6 minute mark in this video

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,380 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Did you not ask this last week?

#14    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostEldorado, on 17 November 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Did you not ask this last week?

Subtle, but funny

#15    marknoy

marknoy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I feel it based on" genetic memory".....From our family blood line...If other things are sent down the historic blood line such as hair colour , face features , Eye colour, and hereditary illness , Why not memories...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users