Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Shipwreck Mystery Expedition

shipwreck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,776 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

'A 10-day expedition has set out from Cairns to find two shipwrecks from the 1800s off the far north Queensland coast.
A team led by the National Maritime Museum is searching for the Morning Star, lost near Quoin Island in 1814, and the Frederick, lost near Stanley Island in 1818.
Manager of maritime archaeology Kieran Hosty says there is great interest in the wrecks, with a number of failed search attempts in the past.'
Full article: http://www.abc.net.a...steries/5099062

I wish them luck.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,426 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

They are hoping to get a read from the cannons, I wish them luck too and wish I was going with them.

I can dive
i can steer a boat
and I can make tea.
Please take me with you.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

HwÝt ÚoredmŠcg

• 5,115 posts

• Hige sceal ■e heardra, heorte ■e cenre, mod sceal ■e mare, ■e ure mŠgen lytla­.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

They are hoping to get a read from the cannons, I wish them luck too and wish I was going with them.

I can dive
i can steer a boat
and I can make tea.
Please take me with you.

And I know (and can sing) lots of sea shanties.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

Also tagged with shipwreck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users