Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

A case for reading the small print

negative review small print terms and conditions jen palmer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,997 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

A woman has reportedly been "fined" $3,500 after writing a negative review about an online retailer. It just goes to show that all kinds of things can lurk in the terms and conditions...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onitor-24992518

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,014 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Another case of companies wanting complete control. When they win the battle of negative reviews, they can do whatever the **** they want and we will just have to accept it all. Unbelievable what they are getting away with and further proof that companies want to control our lives, not the government.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Free speech covers that and honestly they'd have every right to sue the company right back, for deceptive practices.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#4    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

I doubt they will have to pay a penny. It seems like a companies preference rather then any sort of actual law.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users