Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Google to remove Maps image of slain teen

google maps slain teen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,086 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

(CNN) -- Google says it will replace a Google Maps image after a California father complained it shows the body of his teen-age son, who was shot to death in 2009.
Jose Barrera, of Richmond, California, said he discovered the image, visible on Google Maps' satellite view feature, last week.
"When I see this image, it's still like that happened yesterday," Barrera told KTVU-TV in Oakland, a CNN affiliate. "And that brings me back to a lot of memories."
Kevin Barrera, 14, was shot and killed in 2009. Police discovered his body near a railroad track in Richmond on August 15 of that year, at an address that roughly matches the one of the scene in question.

READ MORE

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,735 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

This is truely a right place at the the very wrong time situation for google.
i do not know if someone scans every image before they get put on the maps, but no matter who's son it was or what the incident was about, it should never have been published, it was obvious something was not right by the police's presence.
Its obvious google never intentionally tried to offend anyone, and I seriously would not have made an even bigger issue out of it unless google had refused to remove it.
Data protection rights gives people the rights to have pictures of themselves removed, personally I would not want this kind of incident dragged on any more than it needed to be. Get it removed and move on and google should make sure they have a system which does not allow this to happen to ANYONE.

Edited by freetoroam, 19 November 2013 - 03:31 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,000 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Horrible, and there is likely many more such images in sat. view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users