Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Gate to Hell' Guardians Recovered in Turkey

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,830 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

'Gate to Hell' Guardians Recovered in Turkey

Archaeologists digging in Turkey have found the guardians of the "Gate to Hell" -- two unique marble statues which once warned of a deadly cave in the ancient Phrygian city of Hierapolis, near Pamukkale.

Known as Pluto's Gate -- Ploutonion in Greek, Plutonium in Latin -- the cave was celebrated as the portal to the underworld in Greco-Roman mythology and tradition. It was discovered in March by a team led by Francesco D'Andria, professor of classic archaeology at the University of Salento.

http://news.discover...rkey-131118.htm

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,235 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

Previous thread -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=245511

Posted Image

#3    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Cerberus, cool find.

#4    LimeGelatin

LimeGelatin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

• We were meant to live for so much more...

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

No one guards the gates of hell... You are all welcome to go there... And, I feel... The sooner some of you get there the better... Me, personally, I'm trying to get to heaven... The perfect heaven, the one that allows all people of faith to enter... -I know that I know it will be a perfect place...

#5    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

How do you know nobody guards the gates of hell? They guard a pothole with enough Health and Safety tape and cones and barriers to handle a riot at a Bon Jovi gig, so who said that the gates of hell are not similarly guarded? It won't be the folk in hell guarding it, it will be those who do not want you to go in there!

#6    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

The only reason my gate's guarded is to keep out Oprah, Nancy Pelosi and Donald Trump. I don't care where they think they have reservations for. They can have their damn contracts back.

At their very core, it seems each of God's religions' are "divine". That always fosters "divinely inspired" and now man is involved for the better. Then "divinely probable" gets added to "divinish~ly" suspect and flat out "I just don't like it when" and all books from God go downhill.

#7    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Did anyone else notice how they were lifting the statue out of the water in the slideshow? That was ridiculous. They sure are putting a lot of faith in the integrity of the statue as well as the integrity of the strap being used.

#8    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

Dang it! They found me! Just try to get out all 3 of my heads will devour them and poop em back to hell.

Edited by cerberusxp, 23 November 2013 - 04:58 AM.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#9    bassai26

bassai26

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "Nobody can choose which star to be born under"

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Its thrilling to know what lies beyond...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users