Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Pilot Flies Through Bermuda Triangle Wormhole

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#16    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 24 November 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Are you incapable of distinguishing things that are actually real from things you just wish were real?

Tell me what his motive was.  And the motive of the other pilots that have experienced almost exactly the same thing:

Here's another.  I'll bet there are dozens.

Find a convincing motive for hoaxes and I'll believe you.

http://bermudatrianglesurvivor.com/

Edited by zoser, 24 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

#17    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 November 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Find a convincing motive for hoaxes and I'll believe you.

People hoax stuff all the time for a number of motives. You really believe people don't pull hoaxes?  If you don't believe people pull hoaxes for whatever the motive may be, then your head is buried pretty deep in the sand.  If you do believe people pull hoaxes, it can surely apply to this case as well.

Edited by Razer, 24 November 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#18    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostRazer, on 24 November 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

People hoax stuff all the time for a number of motives. You really believe people don't pull hoaxes?  If you don't believe people pull hoaxes for whatever the motive may be, then your head is buried pretty deep in the sand.  If you do believe people pull hoaxes, it can surely apply to this case as well.

Quite a lot of them tell a similar account.

No motive for a hoax by all of these people.  That's what you have to look for.  If you can't find it, then bet that what they are saying is real.

Posted Image

#19    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,025 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

People hoax for attention. Sometimes they hoax diseases to  be seen by a doctor. Sometimes they hoax alien abductions for attention. That is why so many abductees turn out to be residents of trailer parks. Tornadoes and aliens are drawn to trailer parks. Lots of people tell hoaxes.

#20    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Poststereologist, on 25 November 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

People hoax for attention. Sometimes they hoax diseases to  be seen by a doctor. Sometimes they hoax alien abductions for attention. That is why so many abductees turn out to be residents of trailer parks. Tornadoes and aliens are drawn to trailer parks. Lots of people tell hoaxes.

Prove that the witnesses on this thread did that.

Find a convincing motive.  Convince us all and put the mystery to bed.

Posted Image

#21    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,025 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Prove that the witnesses on this thread did that.

Find a convincing motive.  Convince us all and put the mystery to bed.

Prove to us that they didn't. Great. You want to use the word proof, then please prove that these people are telling the truth. Not asking for some wimpy excuse such as what do they gain from perpetrating a hoax. Time for proof zoser. That means unequivocal corroboration of their story.

#22    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

View Poststereologist, on 25 November 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Prove to us that they didn't. Great. You want to use the word proof, then please prove that these people are telling the truth. Not asking for some wimpy excuse such as what do they gain from perpetrating a hoax. Time for proof zoser. That means unequivocal corroboration of their story.

Unless there is proof of hoax, the testimonies will stand forever.  Surely you understand that?  So does the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.

It doesn't need to be proven true. There are too many complications involved in different people from different decades fabricating these stories.

It's Occam's Razor.

Edited by zoser, 28 November 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#23    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 November 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Unless there is proof of hoax, the testimonies will stand forever.  Surely you understand that?  So does the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.

It doesn't need to be proven true. There are too many complications involved in different people from different decades fabricating these stories.

It's Occam's Razor.

False. It is up to you to prove that these testimonials are truthful. No one else needs to disprove these testimonials. You may want to cling to them without verification, but the rest of us will watch as you refuse to verify the testimonials.

You are wrong in your application of Occam's Razor. Occam's Razor tells us that the simplest solution - a prosaic solution - is the answer, not tossing in wormhole's.

What we do know about the Bermuda Triangle is that the stories are just stories. Actual events have been colored up with fantasies and falsehoods. Calm seas turn out to be stormy. Locations are changed to make the stories seem more fantastic. Testimonials are falsified to mkae the stories seem fantastic. It's just a hoax and some people fall for it.

#24    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,574 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thousands of views on YouTube.  Interviews for television shows.  Appearances at paranormal conventions.  Book deals.  Movie deals.  Millions of people talking about the person and incident on Internet forums for decades.

And Zoser has to ask what their motivation is?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#25    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Poststereologist, on 02 December 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

False. It is up to you to prove that these testimonials are truthful. No one else needs to disprove these testimonials. You may want to cling to them without verification, but the rest of us will watch as you refuse to verify the testimonials.

Nope.  The fact that the accounts have been made and so far no proof of hoaxes, or ulterior motive means that they stand.

There is no default position for people to hang their coats on and walk away in arrogance.

Expect the mystery to keep re-surfacing; trust me it will.

View Poststereologist, on 02 December 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

You are wrong in your application of Occam's Razor. Occam's Razor tells us that the simplest solution - a prosaic solution - is the answer, not tossing in wormhole's.

What we do know about the Bermuda Triangle is that the stories are just stories. Actual events have been colored up with fantasies and falsehoods. Calm seas turn out to be stormy. Locations are changed to make the stories seem more fantastic. Testimonials are falsified to mkae the stories seem fantastic. It's just a hoax and some people fall for it.

Wrong again.  The complexities involved in trying to explain away all the accounts from different people from different ages under different circumstances (planes, ships), means that the simplest solution is that there is some unexplained phenomena.  It's Occam's Razor.  Always remember that there are  two ends to every bar.

Posted Image

#26    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostRafterman, on 02 December 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Thousands of views on YouTube.  Interviews for television shows.  Appearances at paranormal conventions.  Book deals.  Movie deals.  Millions of people talking about the person and incident on Internet forums for decades.

Not convincing enough.  Some did and some didn't.

If they all went for book deals then fine I would be convinced.  Most didn't.  Some never even survived to have the choice.  Think about it.

Edited by zoser, 02 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

#27    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostRafterman, on 02 December 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Not convincing enough.  Some did and some didn't.

If they all went for book deals then fine I would be convinced.  Most didn't.  Some never even survived to have the choice.  Think about it.

Edited by zoser, 02 December 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

#28    Exorcist

Exorcist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Statistically, no more ship or plane accidents have occured in the Bermuda Triangle than in any other location on Earth. Statistically, the Bermuda Triangle is unremarkable.

Re Occam's Razor, stereologist is right - if you invoke the Razor, then whatever the pilot experienced can best be explained simply - i.e. conventionally.

I like the Bermuda Triangle - it's intriguing - but this case really doesn't prove anything. Even Flight 19 doesn't prove anything.

Edit: I also want to add my thanks to you, zoser, as although I don't tend to believe things as readily as you, I commend your attempts at finding genuinely interesting paranormal stories to share.

Edited by Exorcist, 02 December 2013 - 07:05 PM.

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

#29    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostExorcist, on 02 December 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Statistically, no more ship or plane accidents have occured in the Bermuda Triangle than in any other location on Earth. Statistically, the Bermuda Triangle is unremarkable.

In one way you are correct.  The Devil's triangle is another area of water that has experienced many unexplained events.

That's the key to it.  The number of unexplained events not mere accidents or losses due to bad weather.

Re Occam's Razor, stereologist is right - if you invoke the Razor, then whatever the pilot experienced can best be explained simply - i.e. conventionally.

The Bermuda cannot be explained conventionally.  The hypothesis with the least complications is favoured according to Occam's Razor.  In this case it is the hypothesis that says something is unexplainable.

I like the Bermuda Triangle - it's intriguing - but this case really doesn't prove anything. Even Flight 19 doesn't prove anything.

Neither can it be proved that these events are explainable.

Edit: I also want to add my thanks to you, zoser, as although I don't tend to believe things as readily as you, I commend your attempts at finding genuinely interesting paranormal stories to share.

Thanks for the compliment.  I don't know how to explain the triangle.  I don't like to see people dismiss mysteries on the basis of zero evidence.  That's all.

Like the Dyatlov pass.  I don't know what happened.  I wasn't there.  It's a mystery and I love that.

Posted Image

#30    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Nope.  The fact that the accounts have been made and so far no proof of hoaxes, or ulterior motive means that they stand.

There is no default position for people to hang their coats on and walk away in arrogance.

Expect the mystery to keep re-surfacing; trust me it will.

Wrong again.  The complexities involved in trying to explain away all the accounts from different people from different ages under different circumstances (planes, ships), means that the simplest solution is that there is some unexplained phenomena.  It's Occam's Razor.  Always remember that there are  two ends to every bar.

Hoaxes? There are so many Bermuda Triangle hoaxes. The best known is the one where Berlitz claims that the P-38 pilots made odd comments about up and down and stars in the ocean or whatever gibberish was claimed. Not true. Interviews with the radio towers show that the story is a hoax. Coast guard records show that stories of calm seas and disappearances are hoaxes.

I believe that the BT baloney will resurface. Heck you are pushing this hoax agenda. You are proof that these hoaxes will continue to re-surface.

You're clueless about Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is that noting extraordinary happened. It simply takes a few moments to strip away the lies perpetrated by BT authors such as Berlitz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users