Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Pilot Flies Through Bermuda Triangle Wormhole


  • Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#31    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Not convincing enough.  Some did and some didn't.

If they all went for book deals then fine I would be convinced.  Most didn't.  Some never even survived to have the choice.  Think about it.

Of course you're latching onto the baloney so you can only be convinced if lies are employed. We aren't doing that. We are dealing with the truth, not funny and obvious falsehoods.


#32    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Quote

The Bermuda cannot be explained conventionally.  The hypothesis with the least complications is favoured according to Occam's Razor.  In this case it is the hypothesis that says something is unexplainable.
Laughable. Simply, utterly laughable. The simplest explanation is the truth and one of the things that becomes readily apparent is that the Bermuda Triangle stories are mainly lies.

Quote

Neither can it be proved that these events are explainable.
When a small boat is in what records show to be 15 foot seas we are not surprised that it disappeared. The books say calm seas, but that is the lie that had to be added to make it a mystery. If the author told the truth then the story would be boring.


#33    Gaden

Gaden

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:midwest, USA

  • simple but not simple minded

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Prove that the witnesses on this thread did that.

Find a convincing motive.  Convince us all and put the mystery to bed.

Most of us know that if you met one of these people and they admited to you they lied, you would still be repeating your mantra;
" I'm not convinced"
Think about it.

On the page you linked to, I see three items for sale, an audio tape, t-shirts, and a book.
Think about it...

Edited by Gaden, 02 December 2013 - 10:40 PM.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#34    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

We all like mysteries and there are amazing ones all around us. I remember reading Feynmann's book and he recalls an incident in which a he sees chloroplasts circulating in a plant cell. He asks why that happens and he was told no one knows. Those are the real mysteries of life, not made up ones. We are surrounded by great mysteries about the subatomic and the universe itself. When people stop making up foolish stories such as the Bermuda Triangle they remove the trash and it is easier to spot the real mysteries in the world we live in.


#35    Whisperer

Whisperer

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aotearoa

  • "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yeah...like the Bermuda triangle...Dun dun dun dun...

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#36    psyche101

psyche101

    The Customer.

  • Member
  • 38,300 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

In one way you are correct.  The Devil's triangle is another area of water that has experienced many unexplained events.

That's the key to it.  The number of unexplained events not mere accidents or losses due to bad weather.


Yes they are, they have been investigated, in typical Zoser fashion, you just ignore that which challenges your fantasies and pretend no such thing exists.

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

The Bermuda cannot be explained conventionally.  

Read Lawrence David Kusche's book. - LINK

Hell just read. That'd be a fine start.

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

The hypothesis with the least complications is favoured according to Occam's Razor.  In this case it is the hypothesis that says something is unexplainable.

Nope, In many cases the disappearances had taken place in bad weather, involving craft known to have been experiencing trouble.  Wreckage was found in many instances. In others, darkness or delay in starting the search provided ample time for debris to disperse. Many of the cases hadn't even taken place in the Bermuda Triangle, but rather in other sites near Ireland, in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of Africa or South America, or in one case, in the Pacific Ocean.

The aforementioned book outlines many such cases directly with complete records of events, conditions, those involved etc.

View Postzoser, on 02 December 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Like the Dyatlov pass.  I don't know what happened.  I wasn't there.  It's a mystery and I love that.

That you were not there does not mean it is a mystery. And there is a perfectly viable conventional explanation, but in typical Zoser nonsense fashion, you just make crap up and call it fact, and blinker anything that explains anything.

Again, your understanding of a fact is not required for it exist. That you do not understand something does not negate it.

View Poststereologist, on 02 December 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

You're clueless about Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is that noting extraordinary happened. It simply takes a few moments to strip away the lies perpetrated by BT authors such as Berlitz.


:yes:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#37    markprice

markprice

    what

  • Member
  • 3,767 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 03 December 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

:yes:


:no:

Here is how it always plays out online:

A: I saw a bear yesterday!

B: That's a useless anecdote; prove it!

A: It's true. Are you calling me a liar?

B: I have no reason to believe you...


And the fact remains that a bear was seen even though no pictures were taken.

Let's say that happens a thousand times with various people and bears and each one is dismissed as an anecdote, then it becomes "just a bunch of useless anecdotes", not an overwhelming display of evidence that bears were actually seen. That amounts to a faulty result based on pseudo-skepticism; a stark failure of the ignorant masses to process information.

This is getting shilly - Math

#38    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

:no:

Here is how it always plays out online:

A: I saw a bear yesterday!

B: That's a useless anecdote; prove it!

A: It's true. Are you calling me a liar?

B: I have no reason to believe you...

And the fact remains that a bear was seen even though no pictures were taken.

Let's say that happens a thousand times with various people and bears and each one is dismissed as an anecdote, then it becomes "just a bunch of useless anecdotes", not an overwhelming display of evidence that bears were actually seen. That amounts to a faulty result based on pseudo-skepticism; a stark failure of the ignorant masses to process information.

Actually, that is typical of people with no evidence to support their case. Here you discuss a bear and that would not be abnormal unless you were claiming it was a wild bear in the middle of Manhattan or downtown Chicago or Tokyo or Sao Paolo. But let's continue with this bear scenario.

The problem is more like this:

A. Bears can fly airplanes

B. What is your evidence? (Many people incorrectly ask for proof).

A. The cockpit door was open when I boarded my flight over the Atlantic. It was an Asian sun bear in the pilot's seat.

B. Do you have anything to back up this extraordinary claim such as other witnesses, or photos?

A. No. You'll just have to believe me.

B. That's just you saying it without corroboration. That's an anecdote.

A: It's true. Are you calling me a liar?

B: I have no reason to believe you...

To dismiss this extraordinary claim is not being a pseudo-skeptic. It is being a skeptic. It is not dismissing the idea although it does sound rather fantastic. It is not accepting the bear pilot claim due to the lack of supporting evidence. All we have a witness that is making a rather odd and improbable claim.


#39    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Poststereologist, on 02 December 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

The simplest explanation is the truth...................


Which obviously is that some unexplained phenomena is at play.  Otherwise one has to stitch together some half baked theory to account for why people spin a load of lies whenever they pass through the BT. As I said the least complex theory is favoured by Occam's razor.

View Poststereologist, on 02 December 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

When a small boat is in what records show to be 15 foot seas we are not surprised that it disappeared. The books say calm seas, but that is the lie that had to be added to make it a mystery. If the author told the truth then the story would be boring.


Big ships have disappeared too.  Kind of blows your theory a little.  Oh and planes; a whole squadron of them on one occasion.

Edited by zoser, 03 December 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image


#40    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostGaden, on 02 December 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

On the page you linked to, I see three items for sale, an audio tape, t-shirts, and a book.
Think about it...

............and the other dozens of reports on the BT?  Or are you just choosing to ignore those?  Skeptics tend to do that; I was just wondering.

Edited by zoser, 03 December 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image


#41    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 03 December 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Which obviously is that some unexplained phenomena is at play.  Otherwise one has to stitch together some half baked theory to account for why people spin a load of lies whenever they pass through the BT. As I said the least complex theory is favoured by Occam's razor.

Big ships have disappeared too.  Kind of blows your theory a little.  Oh and planes; a whole squadron of them on one occasion.

Again wrong, wrong, wrong. The simplest explanation involves the prosaic. Adding some new far fetched idea complicates the matter. There is no evidence at all that something happened requiring a far fetched idea. The least complex is the one involving only the known that is what is selected using Occam's Razor.

When disappearances are compared, more planes disappear over the continental US than over the BT. That's right. More planes disappear over land than over the BT.

Please learn about complexity. Please learn about Occam's Razor. Please learn.


#42    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postzoser, on 03 December 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

............and the other dozens of reports on the BT?  Or are you just choosing to ignore those?  Skeptics tend to do that; I was just wondering.

It's those that demand that normal situations cannot be explained easily that are wearing blinders. Skeptics evaluate the evidence.

Maybe you need to add learning the meaning of skeptic to learning about complexity and Occam's Razor.


#43    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Poststereologist, on 03 December 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Again wrong, wrong, wrong. The simplest explanation involves the prosaic.


I think that is a common misconception.  The prozaic in this case is highly unbelievable.  It has to be that the BT is an unexplained phenomena.

View Poststereologist, on 03 December 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:



Adding some new far fetched idea complicates the matter. There is no evidence at all that something happened requiring a far fetched idea. The least complex is the one involving only the known that is what is selected using Occam's Razor.


The least complex in this case involves some unknown phenomena.  Unless you can stitch together a comprehensive solution to the accounts.  Feel free to try.

View Poststereologist, on 03 December 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:


When disappearances are compared, more planes disappear over the continental US than over the BT. That's right. More planes disappear over land than over the BT.


Not squadrons and not under unexplainable circumstances.

View Poststereologist, on 03 December 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:


Please learn about complexity. Please learn about Occam's Razor. Please learn.

You have misunderstood.  Your theory is far too complex to be believable.  It involves too many people too many different circumstances.  One has to fall back on Occam's Razor.  It's a very powerful tool.

Posted Image


#44    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Poststereologist, on 03 December 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

It's those that demand that normal situations cannot be explained easily that are wearing blinders. Skeptics evaluate the evidence.

Maybe you need to add learning the meaning of skeptic to learning about complexity and Occam's Razor.

I don't think you have studied the dozens of accounts in detail.

Take a look at the classic cases.

Report back.

Posted Image


#45    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,187 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postzoser, on 03 December 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I don't think you have studied the dozens of accounts in detail.

Take a look at the classic cases.

Report back.
I think you are too gullible. When you learn why these classic cases are not what is claimed report back.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users