Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Pilot Flies Through Bermuda Triangle Wormhole

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#316    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostChrLzs, on 22 January 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Or perhaps you haven't actually reached the age required...  Anyway, rather than address any facts, you play the sarcasm card. How totally unexpected - more trolling behavior.
Instead making personal attacks, why not discuss the subject of this thread?

#317    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Gernon's account is not a lie.  He's reporting his experience.  He MAY be mistaken.  PERHAPS something extraordinary happened.  It would be nice to be able to talk about the actual purported events without resorting to personal attacks.

#318    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 22 January 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I guess some people DO think Gernon is a liar.  i don't.

And they are entitled to do so, however, do note that those who have said they suspect lying have given reasoning as to why, you have not, and anyone can see you have none.

You just want to oppose mainstream, no reason, just to be different and further the fantasies you carried here. Your agenda is entirely transparent. It is what is considered a troll as far as I am aware in fact.

View Postbendigger0, on 22 January 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

Darn it, i missed that day in school.

Not the only "day" I would be guessing.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#319    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 23 January 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

Good advice you should take it and present something tangible to support Gernons story instead of merely championing it mostly to flame critical thinkers.

Edited by psyche101, 23 January 2014 - 12:56 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#320    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 23 January 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

Gernon's account is not a lie.  

You may hold that opinion, but if you wish to voice it here, you will be asked to support that conclusion. No need to take offence to that.

He's reporting his experience.  He MAY be mistaken.  

According to physics and all known sciences, he is certainly mistaken.

Or lying.

Unless you care to offer other options?

PERHAPS something extraordinary happened.  

Absolutely no evidence including his own flight time indicates that is the case. His tale of arriving too early does not stack up. It is a very doable time frame achieved by other pilots.

This has been analysed and explained in full already, did you not read the thread before posting? Because if you did, that is considered bad etiquette.

It would be nice to be able to talk about the actual purported events without resorting to personal attacks.

Why don't you give it a try some time? You will get what you give.

#321    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Report the post, or do you just want some cheese with your whine?  If that hurt your delicate feelings I suggest you either toughen up, or stop posting falsehoods and misinformation.

As for discussing the facts - let's address the ones YOU raised (and do explain what they have to do with the topic)...

Actually, everything and anything is possible
If you believe that to be true, why are you then discussing alternatives?  Everything is possible, in your opinion, and you clearly have no interest in anything that might be contrary to your beliefs (eg that molecular bonding might just prevent fish/rock interactions of the kind you believe in..)..

Isn't matter mostly 'empty' space?
Yes, but what does that have to do with your belief that a fish can swim through a rock?

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#322    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

The subject at hand has been discussed for 22 pages now so what, exactly, are you offering that refutes the conclusion most everyone else has come to?  Believe me, I am more than willing to hear something to vindicate your desired outcome but "anything is possible" isn't going  to make it.  Here is a hint, thunderstorms do not create worm holes.  That is a given since we have been observing Thunderstorms for thousands of years, all over the world and have been flying in and around them for the last 100+ and not once did a worm hole occur.  The  math doesn't support it either.  Weightlessness while flying is not a hard thing to make happen and the fact that Gernon was amazed by a "feeling of weightlessness" while flying through a thunderstorm (a very bad thing to do) speaks volumes about his so called flying experience.

Even zoser has left this thread, bud, and he is about as crazy as you can get so not sure where you can go from here.

Edited by Merc14, 23 January 2014 - 01:25 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#323    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

Ok... the consensus seems to be that Gernon is lying?

#324    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 23 January 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Ok... the consensus seems to be that Gernon is lying?
Yes, he is a liar.  He may, however, be a pathological liar (a crazy person)  and truly believes this story he has created.  His demeanor and attitude suggests some kind of psych issue so go on ahead an believe in a crazy guy.  Zoser would approve.

Edited by Merc14, 23 January 2014 - 03:07 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#325    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 4,391 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 22 January 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Gernon is "stating things that he knows to be false"?  Isn't he reporting his experience?

Gernon writes fiction. He sells his fiction to the gullible.

Isn't matter mostly 'empty' space?
Yes and no. There is a relatively great distance between the nucleus and the electrons. That really doesn't matter in almost all situations. An atom interacts with other atoms through the electrons. Thus an atom has a size which is dependent upon where its electrons are, and not the diameter of the nucleus. If you reach out and touch a key on the keyboard it feels solid. The reason is that the electrons of your skin interact with the electrons of the keys. This is the EM force at work. For a fish to swim through rock you'd have to be able to turn off the EM force for all of the atoms in the fish and the rock. You'd have to stop the interactions between the electrons between all of these atoms. Even a fish in water does not avail itself of the 'empty' space in matter. The fish interactions with the water and pushes it aside.

I know you'll wonder about why I stated "in almost all situations". It's because there are really, really smart people on here that will point out to me situations such as dense stars in which fermionic repulsion has been exceeded and neutron stars and such, but really except for strange and exotic conditions an atom is mostly empty space but acts as if it is not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users