Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Receiving texts from a phone with no SIM card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Today I was playing on my computer when I got a text on my old Iphone, not too strange right?

Well the phone in question hasn't had a SIM card in it for quite a while, so when I got a text from it I was shocked to say the least.

Since I had got a new phone and my brother had been using it while his was getting fixed. But he then started to use my mum's old phone because some on the buttons on my don't react straight away and was a pain to him, anyway I am just wondering if why something like this might come through.

But on top of that a few minutes ago I sent back a blank message (with just a space in it) and it actually sent as well.

I have no idea why mine would have sent or how I got this text

Any ideas would be helpful

#2    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

I'm not sure I understand. Do you still have the same cell phone number that you had with your old iPhone? Does the old iPhone connected via WiFi with a text service on it? How do you know the text is from the old iPhone? Does it show the text on the old phone as if it was in service? Can you make calls from the other phone?

#3    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

I am using the same SIM card it is now in my new phone

The old phone is still connected to wifi but I tried to send a text to my my current phone and my mums phone with the message being "No SIM card" when I tried to send it, but I can still send texts to the number than texted me

The text showed up on the old phone, it was from a number I hadn't seen before and yes with only that number it acts like it is still in service enabling me to send texts as well as get them

I tried to call the number to no avail, my mum tried to call it from her phone but it rung out with a generic answering message

#4    Calle

Calle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Everyone but few seeks Perfection, the few that does not seek it knows that perfection is impossible, because perfection is unachievable

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Enjoy free Sms :P

#5    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Well if you disconnect cellular service, your number is recycled and therefore not associated with your phone anymore...just a coincidence bro.

#6    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,150 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Pls call NSA helpdesk for support.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users