Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Paranormal Podcasts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Unless you can tell me otherwise these are the top podcasts....

Mysterious universe
The Paracast (Gene Steinberg)
The Unexplained (with Howard Hughes)
Paranormal podcast (Jim Harold)
Originz , Mysteries Abound ....(Paul Rexx)
Binnall Of America

Mysterious Universe......By far the best , Funny  Insightful and no ads......Hard questions asked softly
The Paracast ........Hard Questions always asked but ads interrupt at the important moments
The Unexplained...Great Guests ...but left to spout on without a hard question in sight
Paranormal Podcast....Pretty much the American version of The unexplained...no hard questions
Originz , Mysteries abound....Brilliant, no ads's just weird stories from the past present and future
Binnall Of America....Great but invest in a studio quality Microphone.

And there you have it
Bogey

My biggest Issue with most of them is this....When the guest is on to speak about their new book you may as well switch off.....Listen out for the phrase "i don't want to give it away it's all in the book". When you hear this ....switch off because all you will hear is buy the book buy the book. The interviewers will skirt the issue because the guest won't come on if too much about the book is given away so what you end up hearing is that "this happened and buy the book to find out who what where when and how"....very frustrating
Objective vote on the best....Mysterious universe....If the guest won't divulge they will speculate

Edited by Bogeyman, 21 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#2    dm08

dm08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Cool, thank you.  Out of those you listed, I had only heard of the Jim Harold podcast.  The only ones I currently listen to are Darkness Radio and Spooky Southcoast.

#3    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postdm08, on 22 November 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Cool, thank you.  Out of those you listed, I had only heard of the Jim Harold podcast.  The only ones I currently listen to are Darkness Radio and Spooky Southcoast.

dm08

Hadn't heard darkness radio before...checked it out last night.....very good , thanks :tsu: , anyone got any more ?

Bogey

#4    zrina11

zrina11

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

• Light travels faster then sound. That's why some people appear brighter before they speak.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Coast to coast am.

Posted Image

#5    2-B

2-B

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Bogey and dm08. No offense to Zrina, but since Ian had to leave C2C, the only nights I can listen to Coast are the ones George Knapp hosts. Noory has finally driven me off. I hate the emphasis on health shows, like one long infomercial, with too many guests raising false hopes for seriously ill listeners. And his interview style is just awful. Half the time he isn't listening--asks guests questions they've just given answers to. The other half he'll interrupt a guest saying some thing interesting with some out of place question like, "Where can listeners buy your book?" Or "What's next for you?" It's like he has questions on 3X5 cards that got out of sequence and he's just trying to get them all in regardless of order!

Sorry for the rant. Anxious to test drive some of these podcasts.....

#6    iTopics

iTopics

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I've been listening to the Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold (which you have listed) and The Farside Paranormal Podcast with Bob Bain.

#7    iTopics

iTopics

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

I know I replied to this but it doesn't seem to be showing....

#8    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,100 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

View PostiTopics, on 18 March 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

I know I replied to this but it doesn't seem to be showing....

Your post was hidden because, as it was your first and only post, made immediately on you joining and containing just a single sentence but with two links, it looked remarkably like spam.

I have restored it.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#9    iTopics

iTopics

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 18 March 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

Your post was hidden because, as it was your first and only post, made immediately on you joining and containing just a single sentence but with two links, it looked remarkably like spam.

I have restored it.
Yea, I see where you're coming from especially in today's age of spam.
I found this thread by searching for other paranormal podcast resources and thought that I would share the two that I enjoy listening to, with a link to each.

I'm not a spammer.
Thanks for restoring the post.

I'll be gone for a week but when I return I'll look around and start posting in other areas.

#10    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,294 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

View Post2-B, on 04 March 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestions Bogey and dm08. No offense to Zrina, but since Ian had to leave C2C, the only nights I can listen to Coast are the ones George Knapp hosts. Noory has finally driven me off. I hate the emphasis on health shows, like one long infomercial, with too many guests raising false hopes for seriously ill listeners. And his interview style is just awful. Half the time he isn't listening--asks guests questions they've just given answers to. The other half he'll interrupt a guest saying some thing interesting with some out of place question like, "Where can listeners buy your book?" Or "What's next for you?" It's like he has questions on 3X5 cards that got out of sequence and he's just trying to get them all in regardless of order!

Sorry for the rant. Anxious to test drive some of these podcasts.....

You read my mind! I listened to just one whole Noory-hosted Coast during the past two years. He became a lost cause, and he ruined all of his shows, even the ones with great guests and subjects. He threw in the towel when his job became secure.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

To represent the other side of the coin, here are a few that might be of interest:

http://skeptools.wor...-find-them-all/

My personal "never miss" ones include:

Monstertalk
Skeptoid
The Skeptics Guide to the Universe
The Thinking Athiest
Oh No Ross and Carrie
Star Talk

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

I like The Other Side of the Truth on the skeptical side of things

http://redstarfilmtv...-truth-podcast/

#13    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll listen to Jim Harold's every now and then but any new podcasts will make the work day go by that much faster.

#14    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

I've lately been listening to the Star Trek podcasts .....okay i'm a Trekkie...or is it Trekker ? I'm never sure ! anyway the ones that don't dress up as Klingons....(but i could be persuaded) :yes:

Anyway if you're into Star Trek there are some really good ones out there

Mission log
Trekcast
Warp 5

Some other good paranormal podcasts

The Gralien repor
Skeptiko
The Paracast is excellent but i just can't handle all the ads so i stopped listening....I mailed them about it but it wasn't received constructively.
The pity is that they have really good guests but it's just not worth the effort.Unless you want to buy rice in bulk for when the apocalypse comes !!!!
​Have heard nothing yet to beat Mysterious Universe , if you've never listened you really should and i have no vested interest i cant even afford the "plus" there

Evenly balanced , interesting and funny

Relic Radio .....Sci Fi ,Horror and Strange tales is also excellent

Edited by Bogeyman, 15 May 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#15    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,294 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

Ground Zero is entertaining and fascinating. Our local station replaced it with some boring political program, so I have to listen to its podcast. I don't always agree with Clyde Lewis, but, unlike some talk show hosts, he's rarely boring. I also like the fact that he covers a wide range of subjects, many of them being esoteric topics that are seldom discussed.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users