Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Why I think extraterrestrial life MUST be

life aliens mckenna novelty

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#16    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Getting back to the original topic I would like to share a second part to my revelation that came to me more recently and is a direct continuation of the 2 pages I started with. The idea itself is so obvious and follows so logically, it's an embarrassment it actually took me time to arrive at it.Basically what it is, once you have realized that the Universe is a perpetual noverty generator producing more and more complex... well, phenomena as it's always something radically new and miraculous compared to what had already been, and then you put this together with the obvious possibility of seeding of life across the universe in which chain we're probably somewhere in the middle, with some worlds having been seeded only recently and life still being at an infant state compared  to that on Earth, others that probably seeded us having been at our stage of development billions of years ago, what you get is quite simply... an ocean of worlds that have already been affected to various degrees by the novelty-generating property of the Universe. You're surprised to hear about encounters of the fourth kind involving telepathic communication? A simple exchange of brainwaves achievable with our level of tech is no miracle to me, we can induce states of consciousness that imitate astral projection. Considering forms of life that have developed that capability is nothing more surprising. What you need to do is use your imagination and see how far you can go at guessing what you think the Universe could provide self-conscious beings after, say, 100 milion years of evolution. Humans have only been here a short while and consciousness and self-awareness is a relatively new phenomenon, especially on the cosmic timescale.

So where are all our friends you ask? The order of the Universe is that higher forms of matter and life are aware of the lower but never the other way around, not beyond a certain width of gap. The rock is not aware of the ant climbing on top but the rabbit knows the hole is there and it can hide, the chameleon is aware of its surrounding and changes colour accordingly. We can see there's and ant climbing on the rock, we know what the rock is or what the ant is, but do you think the ant is aware who or what you are, that the fish knows of cities, the bird of human art? No. And what do you do when you walk in the garden and see a rock in the grass or a caterpillar hiding in the grass? Do you bend down to stroke the rock or kiss the caterpillar and offer them your human wisdom, or try and build them infrastructure, roads for the hedgehog, maybe build a school for frogs? No. You ignore them. You know they'er there but their intellect is no match to yours, you have nothing to talk about, you take no interest in them. Do you think that alien species that have been around long enough to develop tech that takes them across vast expanses of space and in the meantime have evolved far beyond us intellectually and/or spiritually, but in any case in their understanding of the Universe and how it operates, will stop by and say hello to a species that hasn't even left its own planetary environment? One that is still in its spiritual infancy? One that is still killing its own kind? That hasn't come over greed, jealosy and the rest? Yes, some will try and provide assistance, using their telepathic capabilities, contacting a few who are open and ready, but don't expect them to mass land, I sure can't see how that would make you or me a better person, and if I can figure that one out I think they must be well aware of same. Contact is not the solution. We are hostile toward our own kind, you reckon they think we'll welcome them with open arms? An arms race maybe. So don't be surprised if most of them will ignore us completely and the few who will take interest will only interact in a covert manner. Or if you expect conquerors wanting resources, there are plenty of uninhabited planets for that, but by the time you develop space-faring technology do you think you'll still be stuck at the "how far can we conquer" game? Rather than explore the, by that time realized, infinite possibilities of the Universe? You want them to come for resources? For our oil? Or water? They are far beyond the ability to synthesize anything they want in any quantity they want if they've come this far. If they will want to fight that'll be for something we don't have, and probably with an equal match. Do we rob the beaver for the twigs? Hardly. Although we are still playing the conquering game, spreading and multiplying like a maniac, unable to control our own species (the Chinese are an exception but look at Indonesia where the population has been doubling every 30 years in  the past few hundred years, and I just quoted a random country), even though we are aware of the consequences, the havoc we wreak in nature that sustains us, gives our oxygen, our food, we deplete the oceans, pollute the air we breathe. I could go on but these facts are well known yet well ignored, all for the sake of a convenient quick incarnation. we must grow up on our own. ET coming to save us won't teach a thing. You need a WW2 to say "No more of this". But with us humans, even that didn't seem enough. I'm surprised members of the "Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator" still have hope for us. I'm not sure any more. People coming to forums to convince others ETs don't exist will hardly help any of us move forward. Striving for spiritual maturity, taking responsibility for our actions individually and collectively, pursuing an understanding of who we are and what human consciousness is, widening our horizons, our scope of vision, ever broadening our point of perspective, setting goals that matter and make a difference rather than building a career, doing something constructive or creative rather watching TV, seeking challenges rather than entertainment, and then passing on true wisdom by setting a good example to our kids and caring for our elders would seem more fruitful to me.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#17    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostRolci, on 23 November 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Getting back to the original topic I would like to share a second part to my revelation that came to me more recently and is a direct continuation of the 2 pages I started with. The idea itself is so obvious and follows so logically, it's an embarrassment it actually took me time to arrive at it.Basically what it is, once you have realized that the Universe is a perpetual noverty generator producing more and more complex... well, phenomena as it's always something radically new and miraculous compared to what had already been, and then you put this together with the obvious possibility of seeding of life across the universe in which chain we're probably somewhere in the middle, with some worlds having been seeded only recently and life still being at an infant state compared  to that on Earth, others that probably seeded us having been at our stage of development billions of years ago, what you get is quite simply... an ocean of worlds that have already been affected to various degrees by the novelty-generating property of the Universe. You're surprised to hear about encounters of the fourth kind involving telepathic communication? A simple exchange of brainwaves achievable with our level of tech is no miracle to me, we can induce states of consciousness that imitate astral projection. Considering forms of life that have developed that capability is nothing more surprising. What you need to do is use your imagination and see how far you can go at guessing what you think the Universe could provide self-conscious beings after, say, 100 milion years of evolution. Humans have only been here a short while and consciousness and self-awareness is a relatively new phenomenon, especially on the cosmic timescale.

So where are all our friends you ask? The order of the Universe is that higher forms of matter and life are aware of the lower but never the other way around, not beyond a certain width of gap. The rock is not aware of the ant climbing on top but the rabbit knows the hole is there and it can hide, the chameleon is aware of its surrounding and changes colour accordingly. We can see there's and ant climbing on the rock, we know what the rock is or what the ant is, but do you think the ant is aware who or what you are, that the fish knows of cities, the bird of human art? No. And what do you do when you walk in the garden and see a rock in the grass or a caterpillar hiding in the grass? Do you bend down to stroke the rock or kiss the caterpillar and offer them your human wisdom, or try and build them infrastructure, roads for the hedgehog, maybe build a school for frogs? No. You ignore them. You know they'er there but their intellect is no match to yours, you have nothing to talk about, you take no interest in them. Do you think that alien species that have been around long enough to develop tech that takes them across vast expanses of space and in the meantime have evolved far beyond us intellectually and/or spiritually, but in any case in their understanding of the Universe and how it operates, will stop by and say hello to a species that hasn't even left its own planetary environment? One that is still in its spiritual infancy? One that is still killing its own kind? That hasn't come over greed, jealosy and the rest? Yes, some will try and provide assistance, using their telepathic capabilities, contacting a few who are open and ready, but don't expect them to mass land, I sure can't see how that would make you or me a better person, and if I can figure that one out I think they must be well aware of same. Contact is not the solution. We are hostile toward our own kind, you reckon they think we'll welcome them with open arms? An arms race maybe. So don't be surprised if most of them will ignore us completely and the few who will take interest will only interact in a covert manner. Or if you expect conquerors wanting resources, there are plenty of uninhabited planets for that, but by the time you develop space-faring technology do you think you'll still be stuck at the "how far can we conquer" game? Rather than explore the, by that time realized, infinite possibilities of the Universe? You want them to come for resources? For our oil? Or water? They are far beyond the ability to synthesize anything they want in any quantity they want if they've come this far. If they will want to fight that'll be for something we don't have, and probably with an equal match. Do we rob the beaver for the twigs? Hardly. Although we are still playing the conquering game, spreading and multiplying like a maniac, unable to control our own species (the Chinese are an exception but look at Indonesia where the population has been doubling every 30 years in  the past few hundred years, and I just quoted a random country), even though we are aware of the consequences, the havoc we wreak in nature that sustains us, gives our oxygen, our food, we deplete the oceans, pollute the air we breathe. I could go on but these facts are well known yet well ignored, all for the sake of a convenient quick incarnation. we must grow up on our own. ET coming to save us won't teach a thing. You need a WW2 to say "No more of this". But with us humans, even that didn't seem enough. I'm surprised members of the "Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator" still have hope for us. I'm not sure any more. People coming to forums to convince others ETs don't exist will hardly help any of us move forward. Striving for spiritual maturity, taking responsibility for our actions individually and collectively, pursuing an understanding of who we are and what human consciousness is, widening our horizons, our scope of vision, ever broadening our point of perspective, setting goals that matter and make a difference rather than building a career, doing something constructive or creative rather watching TV, seeking challenges rather than entertainment, and then passing on true wisdom by setting a good example to our kids and caring for our elders would seem more fruitful to me.

My conclusion from this is that the human race is to be avoided at this time.  Not appealing people to be with.  Dangerous.  Infected.  These sort of ideas.

If the human race was appealing it wouldn't be alone.

This further indicates perhaps why the ET's that do visit have a 'help yourself' attitude.  The sovereignty of the human  or it's ecology is not respected.  They come and go uninvited; like burglars.

Posted Image

#18    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

View Postzoser, on 23 November 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

This further indicates perhaps why the ET's that do visit have a 'help yourself' attitude.  The sovereignty of the human  or it's ecology is not respected.  They come and go uninvited; like burglars.

help yourself, up to a certain point, from there on we can talk. like the prime directive in star trek. but when you develop warp tech you are contacted. warp tech being a symbol for spiritual maturity. Then yoou can co-operate or go your own way, but you will become aware of a whole new world and can make further choices accordingly, join the galactic brotherhood or do anything else, within the boundaries of your new horizons.

Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#19    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• Closed
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I wouldn't exactly land to greet the population if I was from another world, and had advanced technology. They might
take you prisoner and demand all the technology from you, and the vessel you arrived in. This world and it's conflicts
between countries has no place in space exploration to other worlds, at least in my opinion, till we get along on this
planet.

#20    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postzoser, on 23 November 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

My conclusion from this is that the human race is to be avoided at this time.  Not appealing people to be with.  Dangerous.  Infected.  These sort of ideas.

If the human race was appealing it wouldn't be alone.

In more than one book I have read of late on the subject of ET's and UFO's, and abductions, most of the abductees mention they are shown apocalyptic images of earth. What do they seem to know that we do not.???,

#21    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostRolci, on 23 November 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Then we have those who are sincere about their belief that they are channeling but if they're channeling anything it's their subconscious or they're just delusional.

how do you differentiate between the two?

However, the group I believe most "channelers" belong to is the ones who honestly believe they are channeling ET and are indeed channeling ET but are unaware of the MECHANICS of channeling

you cannot make a distinction, yet believe et is talking?

Does that mean that there is no good channeling? No. There is a very very small fraction that is "good". Not before you start disputing that it comes from ET let me point out that I don't care where it comes from and none of the genuine seekers out there do.

then why invoke et?

For all I can it can be their higher selves, their guides, or even their sunconscious or even conscious selves.

so, back to square one?

i know where the problem is.....

http://en.wikipedia....tive_dissonance

Heck for all I can they can be doing it with malicious intentions. As long as it works for me, makes me a better person, helps improve my health and relationships what do I care?

good for you... but then why aren't you enjoying the peace and are instead here spouting nonsense?

you really believe this stuff is healthy and good?

:sm

#22    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Nice cherrypicking. And your purpose here is... change the world, make it a better place I assume?
So basically what you're saying is, if you find the contents of a given source helpful or useful in an aspect of your life and have read how it's changed the lives of others for the better, it is your number one responsibility to ascertain the exact nature of the source to make sure it is of a kind that no one person has created a category for which they would despise. So for example if you discover that the transformative information you have found originates from a so-called channeled source, at least allegedly, and it is your understanding that there exist people whose personal opinion is that any and all material that the originators CLAIM to be channeled is guaranteed to be nonsense, then it is imperative that you do not share it with anyone else on forums or anywhere else lest you be judged by self-appointed superior human beings who know for a fact that whatever you have to say is wrong and false and nonsensic even before you say it as long as it has been associated with channeling in any way whatsoever and you must therefore withdraw from all form of communication of said material in order to avoid being accused of "spouting nonsense", and if you have found anything that gives you peace, the only possible avenue of action is to bugger off and enjoy it far far away from everything and everyone and by no means attempt to share it. Because you say so.
Did I get that right?
May I ask you a personal question? Has no one ever inspired you? Do not people have the right to attempt to inspire others? If they claim that the wisdom thay are communicating is coming through them rather than from them and refuse to take credit for something they feel they would be not wise enough to think up, is that in and of itself bad? If I find a handful of materials that are claimed to be channeled inspiring and have the opinion that they MIGHT inspire others, do I not have the right to free speech and free sharing? What kind of world are you living in? Is censorship, based on generalization and stereotyping, part of your ideal world? Just because YOU call something nonsense doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. One man's trash is another man's treasure. If you dislike human diversity and have a grudge against the human condition because you are incapable of acceptance and respect, maybe because you've never tried these things, then maybe you need some channeled material to help you with that, you don't seem to be able to cope by yourself.

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Now I know I will have bad dreams about this thread ! Ewewee ! Sends chills into my grey matter. :alien:  Now How Am I going to call home about this development ?
:tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,130 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

I don't recall science asking for a free miracle. There are many theories concerning the big bang. I personally like the quantum fluctuation thing but whichever turns out to be correct or if none do and another is discovered no hocus pocus was required.
Oh sorry Cowboy I am Cowboy

#25    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostRolci, on 24 November 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Nice cherrypicking.

nops, i just tried to guide you through your fallacies so that you could see how ridiculous your claims seem...

And your purpose here is... change the world, make it a better place I assume?

nops, just discuss about the ufo phenomenon and extraterrestrial life...

So basically what you're saying is, if you find the contents of a given source helpful or useful in an aspect of your life and have read how it's changed the lives of others for the better, it is your number one responsibility to ascertain the exact nature of the source to make sure it is of a kind that no one person has created a category for which they would despise.

sorry, i'm not into preaching...

So for example if you discover that the transformative information you have found originates from a so-called channeled source, at least allegedly, and it is your understanding that there exist people whose personal opinion is that any and all material that the originators CLAIM to be channeled is guaranteed to be nonsense, then it is imperative that you do not share it with anyone else on forums or anywhere else lest you be judged by self-appointed superior human beings who know for a fact that whatever you have to say is wrong and false and nonsensic even before you say it as long as it has been associated with channeling in any way whatsoever and you must therefore withdraw from all form of communication of said material in order to avoid being accused of "spouting nonsense",

i won't share it on a forum...

and if you have found anything that gives you peace, the only possible avenue of action is to bugger off and enjoy it far far away from everything and everyone and by no means attempt to share it. Because you say so.

nops, you can share it through the proper networks...

Did I get that right?

see above...

Edited by mcrom901, 24 November 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#26    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

May I ask you a personal question? Has no one ever inspired you?

of course... many

Do not people have the right to attempt to inspire others?

sometimes it can get dangerous...

If they claim that the wisdom thay are communicating is coming through them rather than from them and refuse to take credit for something they feel they would be not wise enough to think up, is that in and of itself bad?

certainly raises a red flag regarding their mental state...

If I find a handful of materials that are claimed to be channeled inspiring and have the opinion that they MIGHT inspire others, do I not have the right to free speech and free sharing?

see above...

What kind of world are you living in?

planet earth

Is censorship, based on generalization and stereotyping, part of your ideal world?

i have become a bit biased in that regards, i don't like the spread of ignorance...

Just because YOU call something nonsense doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

i hope it does, but that's irrelevant to the topic of this discussion...

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

sometimes trash is just that, trash

If you dislike human diversity and have a grudge against the human condition because you are incapable of acceptance and respect, maybe because you've never tried these things, then maybe you need some channeled material to help you with that,

no, thank you

you don't seem to be able to cope by yourself.

Posted Image

#27    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 24 November 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

I don't recall science asking for a free miracle. There are many theories concerning the big bang. I personally like the quantum fluctuation thing but whichever turns out to be correct or if none do and another is discovered no hocus pocus was required.
Oh sorry Cowboy I am Cowboy
Do you expect anything better from a drug addict?

#28    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Rolci,

You talk to much...just sayin'.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#29    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Mcrom901, I accept your being biased and not recognizing that what you call trash might be useful for others. That's fine with me. But as you might have guessed based on the title of the topic I would be more interested in opinions on the majority of my post, regarding life on other planets, rather than have members pick a weak point and analyse it to bits thereby derailing the topic. Don't misunderstand me, I appreciate your thoughts, maybe you could share more of them on the more relevant bits of this topic?

Hey Joc, welcome! Yeah I know :D It's nighttime here, when, if awake, my braincells spin out of control. Best time to have debates!

Edited by Rolci, 24 November 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#30    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostRolci, on 24 November 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

I accept your being biased and not recognizing that what you call trash might be useful for others. That's fine with me. But as you might have guessed based on the title of the topic I would be more interested in opinions on the majority of my post, regarding life on other planets, rather than have members pick a weak point and analyse it to bits thereby derailing the topic. Don't misunderstand me, I appreciate your thoughts, maybe you could share more of them on the more relevant bits of this topic?
Oh, I can...and since you asked...I will...but I didn't really need to read fourteen pages to clue up on anything....that's all I was saying.

I will attempt to be concise:
There are trillions of galaxies.  Each containing billions of stars.  We know that at least one star has a planet that contains carbon based life.  That in itself should be proof enough that in a Universe of a literal infinite number of stars, if even one star system has life, hundreds of thousands if not millions of other star systems do as well.

The expanse of the Universe is such that it is not possible for any of these life forms to ever communicate with each other...unless...wormholes are a reality and the distances between star systems containing life are connected by said wormhole.
But wormholes are a theory...there isn't really any evidence that they exist...and even if they do...unless they are a vast network...the distances are still so vast...ETs could never visit Earth or any other star system.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users