Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Why I think extraterrestrial life MUST be

life aliens mckenna novelty

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#31    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,130 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 November 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Do you expect anything better from a drug addict?
Actually I do

#32    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

Posted Imagespacecowboy342, on 23 November 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

I don't recall science asking for a free miracle. There are many theories concerning the big bang. I personally like the quantum fluctuation thing but whichever turns out to be correct or if none do and another is discovered no hocus pocus was required.
Oh sorry Cowboy I am Cowboy

Do you expect anything better from a drug addict?
That wasn't very nice.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#33    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Very few people here or anywhere would argue against the notion of life elsewhere in the Universe.  What is at issue is the notion alien life has visited our planet.

#34    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Imaginarynumber1: I am Imaginarynumber1. I will prepare the human race for the transcendent transmogrification to the 5rd dimension of altered DNA-ology. You must reticulate your fobar anti-clockwise to see on our transhumanincidental level of consciousness.  Your energy must be sub continenced to countenance the transmogry-doodle's own energy level to attain a higher self.

Woo woo. :su

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#35    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

View Postsinewave, on 24 November 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Very few people here or anywhere would argue against the notion of life elsewhere in the Universe.  What is at issue is the notion alien life has visited our planet.

I don't think that anyone who has studies anything about the universe doubts extraterrestrial life. I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be the rule, rather then the exception.

I wish there were evidence of such visitation on earth. I would love to have proof that aliens had been here, but alas, despite what the "History" channel tells us, there is none. (Except for stacks of rocks, of course.)

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#36    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostRolci, on 24 November 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

Mcrom901, I accept your being biased and not recognizing that what you call trash might be useful for others. That's fine with me.

somebody had posted this link on ats sometime back...

http://divinecosmos....38706#post38706

this is the same stuff which you seem to be promoting.... do you really think that it is useful?

View PostRolci, on 24 November 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

But as you might have guessed based on the title of the topic I would be more interested in opinions on the majority of my post, regarding life on other planets, rather than have members pick a weak point and analyse it to bits thereby derailing the topic. Don't misunderstand me, I appreciate your thoughts, maybe you could share more of them on the more relevant bits of this topic?

i think that it's quite possible that the universe is teaming with life, but we haven't got any evidence that suggests so.... just guesstimates

#37    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 November 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

Imaginarynumber1: I am Imaginarynumber1. I will prepare the human race for the transcendent transmogrification to the 5rd dimension of altered DNA-ology. You must reticulate your fobar anti-clockwise to see on our transhumanincidental level of consciousness.  Your energy must be sub continenced to countenance the transmogry-doodle's own energy level to attain a higher self.

Woo woo. :su

Posted Image

#38    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

View Postjoc, on 24 November 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

That wasn't very nice.
I don't think much of Terence Mckenna's drug fuelled theories and halucinations.

Edited by Rlyeh, 24 November 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#39    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 November 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

I don't think that anyone who has studies anything about the universe doubts extraterrestrial life. I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be the rule, rather then the exception.

Are you sure?  NASA and the Government haven't confirmed it to the masses yet.  Just checking.

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 24 November 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

I wish there were evidence of such visitation on earth. I would love to have proof that aliens had been here, but alas, despite what the "History" channel tells us, there is none. (Except for stacks of rocks, of course.)

They will continue to make fleeting visits for some considerable time yet.  Occasionally one will be caught on camera and people will continue to give accounts.

As for formal introductions?  Not likely yet as they would need to be as mad and savage as we are; and as a result lack the technology too.

In the meantime just keep examining what cases we have and posting on UM.

Edited by zoser, 24 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#40    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

• 4,130 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 November 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Are you sure?  NASA and the Government haven't confirmed it to the masses yet.  Just checking.

They will continue to make fleeting visits for some considerable time yet.  Occasionally one will be caught on camera and people will continue to give accounts.

As for formal introductions?  Not likely yet as they would need to be as mad and savage as we are; and as a result lack the technology too.

In the meantime just keep examining what cases we have and posting on UM.
They can't confirm to the masses what hasn't been discovered yet. ET life has been postulated by scientists for a very long time but never confirmed. Technology is no guarantee that they wouldn't be as savage as we are.

#41    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 24 November 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

They can't confirm to the masses what hasn't been discovered yet. ET life has been postulated by scientists for a very long time but never confirmed.

Of course.  Unless scientists give it the stamp of approval one must not presume.  I was just cautioning Mr I on the dangers of not following the party line.

Posted Image

#42    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

• 4,130 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

I don't know what party lime you mean. A fact has either been confirmed or it hasn't. In this case it hasn't. I have never heard any scientist claim that ET life was impossible. Most seem to find it likely. But the idea that they are coming here just to mutilate cows and decorate corn fields seem implausible at best to me

#43    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 November 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

I don't think much of Terence Mckenna's drug fuelled theories and halucinations.
When I posted that, it was because, Ithought you were referring to SpaceCowboy...but, nonetheless...you may be misjudging drug induced, for schizophrenic induced.  That being said:  I think the majority of readers of Mckenna's theories aren't actually reading the entire text...who really has time for that ...unless ...said text was a really well thought out and well versed articulation of a substantive theory?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#44    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postjoc, on 24 November 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

When I posted that, it was because, Ithought you were referring to SpaceCowboy...but, nonetheless...you may be misjudging drug induced, for schizophrenic induced.  That being said:  I think the majority of readers of Mckenna's theories aren't actually reading the entire text...who really has time for that ...unless ...said text was a really well thought out and well versed articulation of a substantive theory?
McKenna is known for his use of hallucinogens, and they appear in many theories of his. Just saying I wouldn't expect someone high to be using accurate scientific terms.

#45    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 24 November 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

But the idea that they are coming here just to mutilate cows and decorate corn fields seem implausible at best to me

And carry out tests on human beings too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users