Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Why I think extraterrestrial life MUST be

life aliens mckenna novelty

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#691    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

View PostRolci, on 22 December 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

3:37 to 12:04. Need I say more?
Brevity is the soul of wit...no...please don't say more!
The idiot in the video said plenty...what he's talking about is taking DMT and explaining how his experiences have diminished his ego...which is by itself the epitome of ludicrous.  Here is a guy that is wanting to be a TV star, talking about his diminished ego.  It's hilarious.  Then he begins a diatribe about how rats produce pineal and that is the third eye....and on and on with more ludicrous, silly talk...I didn't listen to anymore...I didn't really need to but thanks for sharing...it really gives me an insight into where exactly YOUR head is at...and ...quite frankly...I hope I never understand where you are coming from. :yes:

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#692    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

• What is the more fun, inviting a wolf to dinner or having a tiger by it's tail ?

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostRolci, on 12 December 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

OK I must start this with a confession. I've become obsessed with a pursuit of developing greater and greater perspectives in which I can see things, thinking outside of boxes we are not even aware are there. First you must notice the box, which is hard 'cause you're inside it (initially the easy ones like the box of a religion, a box of an ideology, a box of culture, meaning having basic assumptions you wouldn't dream of checking for validity). ......

......This was just to illustrate the use of perspective in a filed other than science. And the key to gain these higher and higher perspectives is:

an ability to assimilate paradox. Which is not easy for humans to do since our brain is a product of millions of years of evolution based on the need for survival. So our brain is a tool for managing in our environment, and not a tool built for understanding the nature of the universe. You don't expect a snail to have that understanding or a dog, so why assume that the human nervous system would be able to do that?   It's built to process sensory input from our 3D world, that's what nature does, it builds for survival.

.......whether they exist or not, the point I was offering for discussion was the necessity for the ability to assimilate paradox for advancement in understanding of the Universe and the attainment of higher perspectives for better ability to see the unity in all things including our species, leading to more tolerance, acceptance and understanding. I was pointing out the fact that humans seems to have difficulty with thinking outside of boxes and accepting paradox. Which is why early quantum physicist were considered nuts. Paradoxes are, for us, counter intuitive. Our mind in general, and especially our world-view, is conditioned by the rigid mechanics of our brain, and the structure of our thought processes, which had been put in place by not only evolution but also culture and language.

The role of language in limiting our perspectives would deserve its own topic I believe. We literally have thousands of emotional states but only a handful of words to express them.  ......

“It is the ratio among our senses which is violently disturbed by media technology. And any upset in our sense-ratios alters the matrix of thought and concept and value”. ......

So how do you feel about the importance of the open mind, the ability to assimilate pardox, the expanding of the point of view? And how do you think we can work on it? I believe one way is to check our first premises, our basic assumptions, what we consider "givens" or axioms, things we take for granted. And if you find that you have any, try and decondition yourself. Our leaders intellectually justify the necessity to go to war. But this would never occur in a female-dominant society, or very rarely. Does male-dominance serve our species? Does our present culture serve us? Consumer fetishism and the rest. On a personal level, most misunderstandings could be avoided by dropping assumptions and better use of language, I believe we all have noticed that.

And although I'm not a psychedelic person, I must admit that I'm intrigued by the idea that these substances dissolve boundaries, pre-conceived ideas and cultural conditioning. Seems like an easy way to drop your accumulated baggage that you filter everything through, and see things in a way that you've never seen them before, like those moments when you say "I've never thought of it that way".

I've read many stories how they changed peoples' lives for the better, where they realize the importance of love and how valuable their family/friends are and stuff. Let alone the medical benefits, which are kind of hard to research at the moment, but I found these interesting articles: http://www.scienceda...20123152043.htm and http://www.theguardi...ernment-adviser In response to David Nutt, psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window.

Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.

......The minimum I would expect science to do would be to give me the answers for these, we need more studies into consciousness because we still have no idea what it is, where it came from, and why it came. We are the peak of evolution and we are using our intelligence to destroy our environment. Hardly an evolutionary advantage, all this intellect in the hands of a species with such volatile nature and immaturity, we simply haven't got the appropriate sense of responsibility, it's like giving a kid an armed weapon to play with.

You seem extremely long-winded Rolci so I had to condense your dialog some.  On a few points consciousness expansion is a good/bad idea or thing because:

1. It does aid in the development of tolerance and acceptance.   2. It is perceived as many as antisocial because it lowers inhibitions.   3. Psychidellic experiences/hallucinatory trips tend to shut people out because those experiences are so strong they override what is actually going on around that person. Yeah, they can feel empowering, but what good is that at all to somebody who although they can live inside their own head cannot apply what ever insight they have gained in the real world ?   They tend to do a lot of whinning about the way things 'should be' but they are too incapacitated by their tripped out experiences than to bring about the much needed social changes themselves.
4. What others can see about them is that they can perceive the needs of humankind in a positive way but also that they can do nothing because they are sufferers; who because these drugs can eventually eat their brains out are just lazy stoners.  5. More often than not those who immerse themselves into the drug induced euphoria want to stay there, and this can get pricey beyond the cost of their drugs, they need others to take care of them while they are getting high.   6. They are unable to do any sort of job, and to earn enough money to support themselves in a decent way.  
7. Even though these drugs have medical [or psychological] value like any other regulated drug they should never be taken to excess beyond what is necessary.  Medicine is for sick people and that should be a big clue why it's needed at all.  8. People easily become dependent on the drug euphoria or hallucinatory experience to feel good about themselves at all, and the world is depressingly the same when they come down off of their highs.   9. They can point their finger of blame at others all they want to, but these drugs also tend to disconnect the brain and motivation to do anything themselves about whatever the cause of their own discontent is. This is a primary cause of their disappointments in life just as much as it is the Man, the pig, the establishment, or the 'status quo' .  10. Drug use promotes sexual promiscuity, and criminal acts to get the money for more drugs, and the money they so desperately need to survive.

As well Rolci  this all seems far off what the topic title seems to suggest .....  unless you think that hallucinatory drugs are one of Earth's most potentially interesting exports for extraterrestrials to discover here.  It has also inspired a culture of laziness that is totally nauseating in spite of any increased awareness of social apathy.  Sobriety is a necessary aspect which is hard for others to appreciate sometimes, especially after the drugs have eaten their brains out.  This is not the view of Earth that I would prefer any extraterrestrials to become immersed in.

Edited by spacelizard667, 27 December 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#693    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,193 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostRolci, on 22 November 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

OK, I must've had one of those inspirational moments where you realize stuff you haven't read elsewhere before and you have a little bit of a revelation of your own, unfolding in your mind. Not to say that these are original thoughts in the sense that we are the first to think of these, but it's the product of our own thought processes and as such they tend to become part of our own personal truth. So I just wanted to record these thoughts quick while they are fresh, and what the hell, I thought I might as well share them here at the same time. It all started with me debating UFOs and aliens, that is, the possibility of life elsewhere. I love the end conclusion of my brainstorming, but the way there is just as fascinating. However if you get bored at any point feel free to jump forward, I believe any one part of this reading is well worth pondering, but in the end it's supposed to make a coherent story.

As everything, it starts with the Big Bang. Even before I say anything further, I'd like to make a point that can be most eloquently illustrated by one of my favourite Terence Mckenna quotes:

"The Standard Model that we inherit from physics has..., it opens with something called the Big Bang. Interestingly, the way science operates is, it says, "Give us one free miracle, and then we can explain everything". Well, if science gets one free miracle, then, I think, every ideology ought to be given the same advantage. So, I think, that the miracle of the Big Bang is an unlikelihood so preposterous that it could almost be seen as the limit case for credulity. What I mean by that is, if you can believe that, you can believe anything! I mean, if you believe that the Universe sprang from nothing in a single instant from an area considerably smaller than the cross-section of a gnat's eyebrow, then I'd like to talk to you after the show about purchasing a large bridge across the Hudson river that's been in my family for generations."

So basically, we give science a free miracle unquestioningly and accept that the Universe happened to materialize from nothing.

And this, the premise upon which the rest of your OP is based, is wrong. The quote from Terrence McKenna only illustrates that Mr McKenna misunderstands (or hasn't educated himself on) Big Bang Theory (of which there are several variants, btw.)

There is no "free miracle" upon which science has made any assumptions.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#694    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 27 December 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

And this, the premise upon which the rest of your OP is based, is wrong. The quote from Terrence McKenna only illustrates that Mr McKenna misunderstands (or hasn't educated himself on) Big Bang Theory (of which there are several variants, btw.)

All of the OP was not based on just one premise. And to equal nothing from nothing to something (super-exotic AND stable AND ever-evolving) from nothing is downright uneducated. By the way, how does BBT explain entanglement, the Quantum Cheshire Cat, two-way time, particles spinning in opposite directions at the same time, being in different locations at the same time, and so on?

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#695    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Paranormal Investigator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:20 AM

Sometimes I think we're all just part of a complex computer simulation.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#696    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

I would've never imagined, I found a lot of the stuff I put together in this topic, had already been put together by someone else in the previous year:

Although in this video it's all used to support the existence of God. Guess it depends how you define God.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#697    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostRolci, on 03 August 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

I would've never imagined, I found a lot of the stuff I put together in this topic, had already been put together by someone else in the previous year:

Although in this video it's all used to support the existence of God. Guess it depends how you define God.

What? By all means of respect, but your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#698    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

• What is the more fun, inviting a wolf to dinner or having a tiger by it's tail ?

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

All of the comments have gone far off topic and it has nothing to do with extraterrestrial life. As for being part of a complex computer simulation, that feeling is all part of the game. The game itself is to set the timer and find out how long it takes us for each to realize there is nothing worthwhile to be gained by arguing over the 'nature of God' ...and that nothing at all is accomplished by wrote. End of story, y'all.  Unless God himself walks out of the woodwork soon and says, look you're gettin' that all wrong......  which I am already certain that will never happen at all. Everybody needs to wake up to the fact that assuming a God exists to righteously justify them is in itself a futile exploit. Sacred orders seldom die a pretty death.

#699    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 27 December 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Leonardo  a question please, if you could tell me where did all of the intense cosmic heat of the Big Bang run off to and how much time did that take ? I think it has not been revealed so it might be a minor glitch in supposing that the theory of the Big Bang is entirely accurate. I think that time itself would be an important factor in determining whether or not the evidence of a big bang is readable in the physical cosmos or if that is only an abstract theory at best.

#700    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,193 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

View PostRolci, on 27 July 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

All of the OP was not based on just one premise. And to equal nothing from nothing to something (super-exotic AND stable AND ever-evolving) from nothing is downright uneducated. By the way, how does BBT explain entanglement, the Quantum Cheshire Cat, two-way time, particles spinning in opposite directions at the same time, being in different locations at the same time, and so on?

BBT is not a 'Quantum Theory' and should not be expected to explain everything that exists in our quantum universe. It is a hypothesis (I can't even really call it a Theory) postulating that our observable universe began with an event some 14 - 15 billion years ago. Not all iterations of BBT suggest this 'event' was a singularity, as the existence of singularities is still very much debated in cosmology and general physics.

View Postspacelizard667, on 08 October 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

Leonardo  a question please, if you could tell me where did all of the intense cosmic heat of the Big Bang run off to and how much time did that take ? I think it has not been revealed so it might be a minor glitch in supposing that the theory of the Big Bang is entirely accurate. I think that time itself would be an important factor in determining whether or not the evidence of a big bang is readable in the physical cosmos or if that is only an abstract theory at best.

As per my answer above, not all 'versions' of BBT propose an "exploding singularity-type event" for the beginning of the universe. I cannot answer with authority your question, because the actual event which initiated our observable universe is unknown - only suggested by the various hypotheses in the variations of BBT. It may be that not all the 'matter' our observable universe contains was actually confined in a singularity, or near-singularity, and so it is unknown whether the very early universe was in fact, super-hot and cooled as it expanded. Certainly, that is the prevailing thought in the version of BBT which has all the universe's matter condensed into a tiny object, but that is not the only version of BBT which exists - and not necessarily the one I subscribe to.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#701    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

My theory of the BBT is the Penny`s quite hot ! and ITs quite a Funny show ! But the Title here is quite confusing ? "Why I think extraterrestrial life MUST be" Should it Also MUST be that It just might not be? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#702    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

View Postspacelizard667, on 08 October 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

The "intense heat" of the Big Bang went nowhere and is still all around, except with the expansion of the universe it has dropped a few degrees -- I don't remember -- what is the temperature of the background radiation now?

#703    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:26 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 October 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

The "intense heat" of the Big Bang went nowhere and is still all around, except with the expansion of the universe it has dropped a few degrees -- I don't remember -- what is the temperature of the background radiation now?

So far as I know, outer space is cold, or at least it was last time I checked.

#704    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:31 AM

One shouldnt worry about getting over heated in Space thats for sure ! Now If your in the Sun Light You will need some Sun tan oil ! & Glasses !

This is a Work in Progress!

#705    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

View Postspacelizard667, on 13 October 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

So far as I know, outer space is cold, or at least it was last time I checked.
Do a little research.  Outer space has the temperature of what is known as the cosmic microwave background -- what is left of the big bang after some 13.7 billion years.  It is cold but a few degrees above absolute zero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users