Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Woke up w/ Burnt scratch [picture included]

demon scratch scratches burnt

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,711 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Deco and Joc are usually good at this sort of thing so my inclination is to side with them, and looking at your picture I can't see the "burn"

as it is, burns blister, and there's not evidence of this

A scratch, sure I see that, and I'm sure it does "burn" in the sense it feels like it burns when something touches it.

I'd venture to guess, animal scratch, possibly bedpost, significant other, loose spring in the bed

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#17    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have awakened with bruises as big or bigger than a poker card, when there were no bruises when I went to bed ( this has happened numerous times ) , I have dreamed of being torn open by a stray dog and awakened from said dream to find the injuries inflicted on my leg in the dream still bleeding in real  time( I still have a couple scars that break open occasionally), I have awakened from a dream with a black eye , again I did not have one, or any experience that could have given me one previously.   ( and they tend to heal amazingly fast  when it happens, even with diabetes and having a slow healing rate associated with it like in two or three days rather than a week or two.)  and I have awakened ( alone) with scratches in places I cannot quite reach to make long straight scratches much less deep ones.
   the subconscious mind can do terrible things to you when your asleep.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 24 November 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#18    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

it's a picture of a scratch. whether you say it's a burnt scratch ort whatever it is still a scratch and hardly unique.

if the devil existed I highly highly highly doubt he would do something so mundane as scratch you. and if so, what a wimpy devil indeed!
girly scratches oh my!!

#19    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 24 November 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

I have awakened with bruises as big or bigger than a poker card, when there were no bruises when I went to bed ( this has happened numerous times ) , I have dreamed of being torn open by a stray dog and awakened from said dream to find the injuries inflicted on my leg in the dream still bleeding in real  time( I still have a couple scars that break open occasionally), I have awakened from a dream with a black eye , again I did not have one, or any experience that could have given me one previously.   ( and they tend to heal amazingly fast  when it happens, even with diabetes and having a slow healing rate associated with it like in two or three days rather than a week or two.)  and I have awakened ( alone) with scratches in places I cannot quite reach to make long straight scratches much less deep ones.
   the subconscious mind can do terrible things to you when your asleep.
I beg to differ.  The subconscious mind does remarkable things while you are sleep...inside your head.  If you dreamed you were being bitten by a dog, and awaken to find bleeding occurring on your leg...it is a sure sign that your sleeping mind created the imagery of the dog biting you to awaken you to the fact that you had somehow injured yourself while asleep.  The subconscious mind cannot inflict injuries on your body...you can do that with fingernails or whatever...but it isn't demons..it isn't your mind...if you are bleeding it is because you suffered some injury in real life, either before you went to sleep and didn't really realize it and then scratched it while sleeping...or something happened in your sleep....whatever it was it was real.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#20    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,568 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

While it's fine to be skeptical, it's not fine to be out right rude. Please be respectful of others.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#21    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,248 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

scratches burn - ever had a paper cut?  They hurt like they are blazing hot and stinging.  As has been said a healing scratch would look "burnt" aka" dry, dark and crusted but a burn would blister and blotch, you would not have a neat little line if you were burned you would end up with the jagged edges caused by blistering all over it.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

Also tagged with demon, scratch, scratches, burnt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users