Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

The man who can taste the London Tube map

synaesthesia james wannerton london underground tube map taste

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,621 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Most London commuters have a love/hate relationship with the Underground depending on their experience of delays. But for one man, travelling on the Tube has a very particular effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-24990432

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

never heard of that condition before.
Maybe they can make the line colours with a taste attached or a scratch and sniff, it will be great fun for kids....and some adults.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

A hereditary trait and one that appears to have not been incorporated into our evolution. If it had, then imagine what how powerful our oral and written language would be ... to "eat one's own words" would have an entirely new meaning.

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I wonder if any of the stations taste of that lovely blast of rotten air you get when standing on the platform.

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,757 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

listing to music must be extra intense for this guy

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Synesthesia is an interesting thing and well documented.  I can't imagine what that would be like.

#7    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Attached File  PicsArt_1385518697876.jpg   86.43K   14 downloads

#8    Duchess Gummybuns

Duchess Gummybuns

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• I would like to believe, but the Government covers it up as a weather balloon.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

NEXT TIME ON DETECTIVE LICKS...

"What do you make of it, Licks?"

"I can't think when you're talking, Craig. You're interfering with the taste."

#9    LimeGelatin

LimeGelatin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• We were meant to live for so much more...

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

"Dude, can you smell that color and taste that sound... No, well here, have another sugar cube..." -LoLzzz

#10    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Synesthesia is an intriguing concept. Upon recovering from rotator cuff surgery this summer, I was placed in an interesting room for PT. It had this huge displayed quartz crystal facing me, while I was on the massage table. It also had a big hunk of pink himalayan salt.  When the therapist started working on the rotation of the humerus in my shoulder cuff, the light in the room went green, while I was gritting my teeth with pain. It happened several times, green lighting, mostly limited to that room. It did happen one other time in another room.

Edited by regeneratia, 29 November 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#11    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Synesthesia isn't all that rare. I've heard 1 in 25 people may have it. I have the more common type. I "see" what I hear, like voices and music. I also have a visual calendar for months and for the week, and I have a number line, which is somewhat common to synesthetes.

Razer, I can't imagine what it would be like to not have it. I consider it a gift and I also use it a lot, especially where numbers are concerned. My favorite song to watch is the theme from ST:TNG because I can see the notes in different colors as they play together, followed by the big white explosion at the end of the theme.

#12    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

OMG - I am so sorry everyone - I just realized this topic is more than 2 months old. :cry:

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users