Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Ghost Hunters Set fire to LeBeau Plantation

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,080 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 29 November 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

What does it take for ghost hunters to become an "established group"?

when you have your own TV show or be in a news article or in a news feature on tv.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#32    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 30 November 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

when you have your own TV show or be in a news article or in a news feature on tv.
You do know that would then lend an aura of credibility to the fools that set fire to the mansion as they now have their very own news article.

#33    baro67

baro67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

now they can prove intimidating and provocative technique with the judge of the Court, perhaps with him works who knows lol

#34    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

This is just an interesting read ....  true ???

http://www.earthfile.../plantation.cfm

#35    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

An established group is a team that has their own website and has a good trail or rapport with clients. A group who shows professionalism. Not by breaking into abandoned buildings, smoking pot and drinking on an investigation. Besides, it was not an official investigation since they broke in and did not have permission to investigate it. It is pretty obvious they are not an established group.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#36    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,144 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostVincennes, on 30 November 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

This is just an interesting read ....  true ???

http://www.earthfile.../plantation.cfm

It is hard to explain the feeling I had while I was there but I can tell you that the sensation was like standing in the middle of history's past. It's almost as though you can actually feel the history in the air down there.

That's not history you feel in the air, stupid. It's humidity.

Edited by Child of Bast, 02 December 2013 - 04:35 PM.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#37    WillSoMysterious

WillSoMysterious

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Location:In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark, dark cellar, WillSoMysterious lived.

• "You know one of them ones where you have to wipe your bum cheeks first?" - Junior Chubb 2013

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 28 November 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Take your pick...

The image used to link to the thread reminded me of FluffyBunny....

Where are you Fluffy?

WillSoBackkk! Where yo' Chubb at?

"That's no moon, it's a space station!"

#38    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostWillSoMysterious, on 02 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

WillSoBackkk! Where yo' Chubb at?

Is Newcastle now safe to visit?

If so thats where Chubb is at. ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#39    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,144 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

While searching for an update on the story, I found an article giving some more wonderful news...

Sheriff's spokesman Col. John Doran told the paper that one of the ghost hunters decided to burn down the vacant landmark in the "haze of alcohol and marijuana" after getting frustrated when no ghosts materialized despite their attempts to summon them.

“They were in there looking for ghosts, drinking, smoking dope, and for some reason they made a decision — a conscious decision — before they left to set this building on fire,” St. Bernard Parish James Sheriff Pohlmann told The Advocate.“St. Bernard lost a part of its history today, and these seven individuals are responsible for that.”

Edited by Child of Bast, 02 December 2013 - 04:42 PM.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#40    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostEcto76, on 30 November 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

An established group is a team that has their own website and has a good trail or rapport with clients. A group who shows professionalism.
That's all very vague, isn't it?  Having a website and having good rapport with the people you're working for does not equate to much in itself.  Do you really think that in 2013, having a website helps "establish" you as a professional group?  Everyone from outright cranks to certified professionals have websites.

I would have thought that being an "established group" of paranormal investigators might involve some sort of actual credentials, certification, etc.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#41    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,080 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 02 December 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

That's all very vague, isn't it?  Having a website and having good rapport with the people you're working for does not equate to much in itself.  Do you really think that in 2013, having a website helps "establish" you as a professional group?  Everyone from outright cranks to certified professionals have websites.

I would have thought that being an "established group" of paranormal investigators might involve some sort of actual credentials, certification, etc.

You tempted to make myself a site that gives me a PHD in spaghetti monster Hunter

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#42    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 03 December 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

You tempted to make myself a site that gives me a PHD in spaghetti monster Hunter
I happen to be an ordained member of the Universal Life Church.  I got an email from them to prove and confirm it.  For a few dollars I can buy a certificate to hang on my wall.   What's more professional than having a certificate hanging on your wall to prove your credentials?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#43    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Better listen to him Brian, he's ordained!

#44    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

That does explain the white collar in his profile pic

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#45    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'm a ordained man of God.  You can trust me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users