Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Man films mysterious light over Canterbury

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Sasha Shaker used his iPad to record footage of a strange glowing sphere as it danced across the sky.

Sasha and his wife Carly had been returning home from the cinema when they noticed something unusual in the sky over Wincheap. The glowing orb-like object seemed to move across the sky in an unusual fashion, looping back on itself in a feat of impressive aerial gymnastics.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...over-canterbury

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,526 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

so what was the yellowish light dancing around  also? And on his YT channel he calls it an aircraft???

Edited by seeder, 25 November 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#3    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Well the orange light is clearly a lens flare caused by the street lamp. The blue dot is the only "real UFO" I see. As for what it is, it could be some kind of RC toy with LED lights on it.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#4    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

It is an unusual object. If its an RC toy with LED lights it must be a big one. Living near an airport I have seen airplanes coming in for a landing and the size of the light was similar so it must be huge. A toy plane would not be zipping around like that and even toy planes have to follow the laws of aerodynamics.

Edited by minera, 25 November 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#5    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 November 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

so what was the yellowish light dancing around  also? And on his YT channel he calls it an aircraft???

I think it is a mouse pointer not an aircraft.

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,526 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postminera, on 25 November 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

It is an unusual object. If its an RC toy with LED lights it must be a big one. Living near an airport I have seen airplanes coming in for a landing and the size of the light was similar so it must be huge. A toy plane would not be zipping around like that and even toy planes have to follow the laws of aerodynamics.

I dont see why it has to be big to make such a light, anything that has a glow makes it almost impossible to judge the size... and if he was really seeing a ufo, why no surprised WTF comments?

heres one someone made earlier, do watch all the way

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I have taken a more logical view of what it may be and a big clue has come about. If you look for Cogans Terrace, Canterbury (you can see the roadsign in the video) and then find the exact same junction he is standing filming from, and then zoom out to see the wider land, you can see a large nature park area in the exact same direction as the UFO.

For me, that is a fair bit of evidence that the "UFO" is likely to be a remote control plane/helicopter with lights on it. Because when you are in a built up area such as where he is, the logical explanation for using a R/C toy would be the biggest expanse of grassy area, such as a park or a nature area...... and that is pretty much where this thing appears to be flying. This for me adds much more weight towards the theory of it being a earthly based solution such as a R/C toy, than it being anything more unusual.

#8    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hope this map makes the analysis a little easier :)

Attached File  Screenshot_2.jpg   110.93K   11 downloads

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

At this time, I'll go with the "RC" theory as well.

#10    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,337 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 November 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

This clip may be of investigational interest for extraterrestials as well. At 00:40 it has been proven, that humans
are able to fart and that they are using a technology, to record that.

Edited by toast, 25 November 2013 - 05:32 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#11    pj bandit

pj bandit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• lets start changing the world

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

ahahaahah!

#12    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,419 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postminera, on 25 November 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

A toy plane would not be zipping around like that and even toy planes have to follow the laws of aerodynamics.

I'm guessing it is one of those four rotor helicopters.  They can fly like that.

#13    wothbora

wothbora

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

I think it is a laser pointer... I use one on our cats all the time and it looks exactly like this...

#14    mesuma

mesuma

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostExoPaul, on 25 November 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I have taken a more logical view of what it may be and a big clue has come about. If you look for Cogans Terrace, Canterbury (you can see the roadsign in the video) and then find the exact same junction he is standing filming from, and then zoom out to see the wider land, you can see a large nature park area in the exact same direction as the UFO.

For me, that is a fair bit of evidence that the "UFO" is likely to be a remote control plane/helicopter with lights on it. Because when you are in a built up area such as where he is, the logical explanation for using a R/C toy would be the biggest expanse of grassy area, such as a park or a nature area...... and that is pretty much where this thing appears to be flying. This for me adds much more weight towards the theory of it being a earthly based solution such as a R/C toy, than it being anything more unusual.

And there is a woman with her head in a bush.

#15    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

I'm confused... which light are they talking about?

Initially, in the thumbnail, I thought it was that big light which turned out to be the street light.

Then, when the video started going, there are two small lights, one is very active and kind of moves like an illuminated bug and the other steadier but moving in the same direction as the bug.

So, which is the weird light?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users