Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Breaking! Gun man on Yale campus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,145 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Report Of Person With Gun At Yale University CONFIRMED, Students Told To Shelter In Place

Many students are currently away from campus as the school is on Thanksgiving break, but Yale Daily News' Twitter account reports that a SWAT team has been seen near Old Campus. Students are being advised of the situation using in-room PAs and text message alerts.

http://www.businessi...1#ixzz2lfzDXuSD

http://www.reuters.c...E9AO0MB20131125

Lets hope its ended quickly without loss of life

Edited by seeder, 25 November 2013 - 04:41 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Have you been to New Haven?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#3    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...f=nyregion&_r=0

False alarm.... I just love how the MSM was so quick to put up the initial headline, but didn't feel compelled to follow it up when it was found to be a hoax.

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

This happened at another CT university a couple of weeks ago and it was found out to be some guy wearing a GI Joe halloween costume.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,145 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostRafterman, on 27 November 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

This happened at another CT university a couple of weeks ago and it was found out to be some guy wearing a GI Joe halloween costume.

Check my other thread about a student prank... who dressed as terrorists, with fake ak-47's...then stormed a French hospital

http://www.unexplain...opic=257996&hl=

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 November 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Check my other thread about a student prank... who dressed as terrorists, with fake ak-47's...then stormed a French hospital

http://www.unexplain...opic=257996&hl=

That's a good way to get your head blown off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users