Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Who Will Save U.K. From RBS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,571 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Bloomberg said:

This is just brilliant: A U.K. government adviser issued a scathing report on the business practices of Royal Bank of Scotland Plc. And now the government-controlled bank has hired a law firm to conduct its own investigation of itself, while the U.K. government prepares to investigate the bank even further.

Meanwhile, in the U.S., JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s general counsel, Stephen Cutler, took part in a panel discussion last Friday in which he criticized the U.S. government for all the penalties and investigations it has leveled against his bank. "At what point does this stop?" he said.

At least when it comes to JPMorgan, the U.S. government isn't gazing at its own navel. Once JPMorgan repaid the Treasury Department's Troubled Asset Relief Program in 2009, the separation between regulators and the regulated was restored. At a handful of other lenders, such as Ally Financial Inc. -- which a few years ago became a poster child for foreclosure abuses -- the U.S. government continues to own controlling stakes. And, of course, we still have Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, now in their sixth year of operating under government conservatorship.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

A quote from the article:- "The report on RBS by Lawrence Tomlinson, an adviser to business secretary Vince Cable, alleges that RBS has forced viable companies into default so it could take over their properties at fire-sale prices and boost the bank's profits."

If this is true then it is diabolical and people should go to jail for what appears, to me, to be racketeering.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#3    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,137 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Who Will Save U.K. From RBS?

The Sottish !!  Perhaps when Scotland votes to go independent we can ask them for our chunk of the bail out money back & the Scottish public can shoulder the whole financial burden.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 27 November 2013 - 05:24 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users