Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Boozer and teetotaler have same divorce rate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,201 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

UPI said:

BUFFALO, N.Y., Nov. 24 (UPI) -- Married couples who are heavy drinkers and those who don't drink tend to stay married, but couples with one heavy drinker tend to divorce, U.S. researchers say.

Lead author Kenneth Leonard, director of the University of Buffalo Research Institute on Addictions, and co-authors Gregory Homish and Philip Smith of the university's Department of Community Health and Health Behavior, tracked 634 couples from the time of their weddings through the first nine years of marriage.

The study, scheduled to be published in the December issue of Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, found couples with only one spouse a heavy drinker had a much higher divorce rate than other couples. For the purpose of the study, heavy drinking was defined as drinking six or more drinks at one time or drinking to intoxication.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/H.../#ixzz2lgYCnpZP

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,569 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Makes sense. You should have things in common with your spouse.

Embrace the impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users