Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What did really happen to Jesus on the cross?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    PetriFB

PetriFB

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

The majority of people here on earth have heard about the Crucifixion and death of the Lord Jesus Messiah, but only a minority of all the people here on earth have understood what the crucifixion and death of the Lord Jesus Messiah means. For many, the Crucifixion and death of the Lord Jesus Messiah is just a story among other stories.
When we study the suffering, crucifixion and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Messiah, we see the largest and most significant salvation throughout the entire history of the world, and an event through which we can receive eternal salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Messiah. You have the opportunity to have your sins forgiven and receive a new, eternal life in the Lord Jesus Messiah.
Through the suffering and love of the Lord Jesus Messiah, the beauty of Biblical salvation and the significance of the death of the Lord Jesus Messiah on the cross can open up to you in a new way, which can lead you into salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Messiah.
Contents:
Drops of blood
Judas the deceiver
Before the Sanhedrin
Pilate and Herod
Again before Pilate
Whipping
The crown of thorns
Carrying the cross
Crucifixion

The whole article is on the site: http://www.kotipetri...ionofJesus.html

#2    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

That's an interesting list, or breakdown of happenings, PetriFB. It leaves out some important details, such as Jesus' conversation with his mother and the beloved disciple, the role of the soldier-executioners, evidence of Jesus' self-consciousness while on the cross, his interaction with the crucified thieves, etc.

Most Christians have their traditional breakdown of that day (Roman Catholic stations of the cross; many denominations' emphasis on the 7 last words or sayings from the cross).

Although I appreciate your zeal, I think many--if not most--active Christians have a good grasp of the events re-lived annually from Maundy (Holy) Thursday through the Day of Resurrection (Easter morn). UM is not much conducive to Gospel outreach, but one never knows.

(PS-One of my very rewarding experiences was sharing the Good News with and within an immigrant Finnish congregation in Los Angeles, 1981)

Edited by szentgyorgy, 26 November 2013 - 06:20 AM.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,205 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

What did he do on the cross?
Well he died. Like just about everyone who was crucified.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 26 November 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

What did he do on the cross?
Well he died. Like just about everyone who was crucified.

I thought he sang?

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

The religion that came later and recognizes Jesus as one of the four great prophets is islam and it says that he is taken to the sky alive. It is even claimed that god tricked the people who spied on jesus and tricked them and somebody else is crucified instead of jesus

Edited by thyra, 26 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#6    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

I think Jesus really thought he was the son of god. And that's why he had the emotional breakdown when he realised he was actually going to die up there.

"Why have you forsaken me?"

"Because you're not my son, Mary made cuckolds of me and Joseph."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users