Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Another Anti-Gay Hoax

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    We are lizard people

We are lizard people

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-144714897.html

Waitress claims family left her no tip and wrote an anti-gay message for her to read.  Turns out, family saved their receipt and can prove that the waitress lied to the media and that there was no anti-gay message at all.

This is just another supposed anti-gay attack, message or threat that has turned out to be a hoax.
You may not be counting, but I am.

Gay man trashes own house, writes anti-gay slurs on wall:
http://community.sea...22&slug=1948682

Gay man burns himself, blames others
http://www.rightwing...t-another-hoax/

Lesbian woman carves slurs into her own flesh
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1141775

Lesbian woman spray-paints slurs on own home
http://wweek.com/por...ect_victim.html

Lesbian couple spray-paints own garage
http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

There are dozens of these that have been found to be hoaxes.

What does it mean?  You decide.

#2    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Attention seeking. I would assume the number of hoaxes are higher for heterosexuals.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#3    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

i am political correctness gone mad

• 2,563 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

considering the reality that most of lgbt people face, i'd say it "proves" that there are a few people who need attention, and that this does nothing to change anything else.

but hey, rather than doing this whole dishonest "what do you think" thing, why don't you just tell us what you think?

#4    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

attention whores

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostMentalcase, on 26 November 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Attention seeking. I would assume the number of hoaxes are higher for heterosexuals.

View Postpatagonianhorsesnake, on 26 November 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

considering the reality that most of lgbt people face, i'd say it "proves" that there are a few people who need attention, and that this does nothing to change anything else.

but hey, rather than doing this whole dishonest "what do you think" thing, why don't you just tell us what you think?

View Postaztek, on 26 November 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

attention whores

You all had to go and ruin a good ole fashion hate thread with your reasonable thoughts and responses :w00t:

#6    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

oh, poor people. I wonder why they are doing it. counseling needed, i guess.  perhaps this isnt something that gays do. perhaps there are many people acting this way but it happens to be on news when a gay person does it?

Posted Image

#7    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postthyra, on 26 November 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

oh, poor people. I wonder why they are doing it. counseling needed, i guess.  perhaps this isnt something that gays do. perhaps there are many people acting this way but it happens to be on news when a gay person does it?

I think it would make the news either way (whether it was someone who is gay or not), local news stations are always looking for stories, and her initial story made national news because of the hot button topic of homosexuality in the U.S.  This is making the news because it is discrediting that story, and rightfully so I might add.  Liars, in my opinion, should be outed.  We're seeing the same with our President and a lie he told four years ago.

This thread, I suspect, wasn't started to reveal a liar, or liars in general.  The OP seems to be implying that homosexual=liar, based on anecdotal cases he can find.

#8    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Anyone think she will be charged with a crime?

#9    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 26 November 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

I think it would make the news either way (whether it was someone who is gay or not), local news stations are always looking for stories, and her initial story made national news because of the hot button topic of homosexuality in the U.S.  This is making the news because it is discrediting that story, and rightfully so I might add.  Liars, in my opinion, should be outed.  We're seeing the same with our President and a lie he told four years ago.

This thread, I suspect, wasn't started to reveal a liar, or liars in general.  The OP seems to be implying that homosexual=liar, based on anecdotal cases he can find.

Everybody is a liar to some degree. :) if somebody s burning himself and saying somebody else did it there sure is some big problem there beyond somebody telling a lie. Sounds like much more deep rooted problems.

Posted Image

#10    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,069 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostRazer, on 26 November 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Anyone think she will be charged with a crime?

I'm not sure what crimes are on the books for telling a lie like this.  It's not perjury, and I don't see how it could be libel/slander, as she didn't name anyone.  I'm not a lawyer though.

Also, there is the chance that a coworker did this to her, and that she was being honest with the information she had.  We'll find out if the investigation by the restaurant makes the news.

View Postthyra, on 26 November 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Everybody is a liar to some degree. :) if somebody s burning himself and saying somebody else did it there sure is some big problem there beyond somebody telling a lie. Sounds like much more deep rooted problems.

I would agree, everyone has lied.  I see no problem with outing the lie though.

#11    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Explains Hitler I guess. But what a cry for attention, sheeesh

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sometimes I wonder if the restaurants themselves aren't behind some of these - great publicity that I'm sure leads to many nights of filled seats from folks "doing the right thing".

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    Swanee

Swanee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

"Another Anti Gay Hoax " -- To the original poster... um... do you think there is some sort of gay militant conspiracy going on to go around the country making up stories?

#14    Swanee

Swanee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

We've all seen the bible thumpers and gay bashers agenda AGAINST gay people (for decades, now) slowly crumble and diminish into nothing... it has been happening more rapidly than ever before though.

#15    Swanee

Swanee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Anyone remember this? :unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users