Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

kabbalah

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    SilentHunter

SilentHunter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hi All

I've been watching a very good series on Youtube covering the Jewish version of Kabbalah. Its spread over 20 episodes and each is about 25 mins long - https://www.youtube....h?v=i5sObhIolik

Summary - Kabbalah isn't a religion is a philosophical system allowing people to understand the relationship between the creator and created. By tweaking this relationship (so as to live in balance with God) changes occur in the persons reality.

The essentials - Kabbalah is the idea that originally there was a single mind but it broke up. One part split off and exists in higher reality which is what people mistake for being a God. The remainder shattered into millions of peices becoming what we mistake for our own individual minds. The shattering was caused by egoism and the process is explained in the Youtube Vids.

Bestower - Kabbalah says that the higher mind likes to bestow delight onto the lower minds but people reject it because of their egoism. In fact their egoism stops them even seeing that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto them. They reject it and as such the higher mind punishes them by making them suffer. The aim of the suffering is to cause a crises moment in the person where out of despair they open themselves to the higher mind and accept the delight being bestowed onto them instead of resisting.

Desire to Bestow - Kabbalah is about teaching people to put aside their ego and see what is really going on in the world. By recognising that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto you, by accepting it and by feeling the rejoice at having delight bestowed upon not you but all minds reality changes.

Its supposed to be occult knowledge. Anybody know a lot about this stuff? Have I got it exactly right?

#2    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,554 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

I had a little class about it, but that was a while ago. It works from some people.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#3    SilentHunter

SilentHunter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 28 November 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

I had a little class about it, but that was a while ago. It works from some people.

Would you be able to confirm if I am supposed to to experience delight as an individual for what the higher mind bestows onto me or am I supposed to think about the delight it gives all people?

#4    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ermm..hard stuff. Kabbalah is open to people for sometime now but it is a strong teaching and I think it is still best to be over 40 and male and be married to study it. :) They have very strong teachers though. Especially the teacher of dr. laitman whose name is escaping me at the moment whom I thought about this very morning, picturing him in his isolated study chamber.

Posted Image

#5    Al Salooq

Al Salooq

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Its about right, its occult just because its esoteric, I once heard that this info was never meant to be secret, info has always been available for anyone who seeks it out.

The tree of life is a complex system of spiritual cosmology, Ive been studying it for a few years now. (By the way im neither married nor past my 40s, im 25)

The thing about it is that Kether is so pure it is practically unreachable, the only light we are able to perceive is its emmanation through Tiphareth. (this is for most adepts, the most experienced ones can go through the Veil). And yes, the thing that keeps us from experiencing this light is the rest of our physical and metaphysical selves: Physical body (sensorial perception or aposteriori), thoughts and emotions

Edited by Spiritus Spacium, 28 November 2013 - 06:18 PM.

.                                                                              Posted Image

#6    Al Salooq

Al Salooq

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostSilentHunter, on 28 November 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Would you be able to confirm if I am supposed to to experience delight as an individual for what the higher mind bestows onto me or am I supposed to think about the delight it gives all people?

To this I say: Who could possibly confirm what you are "supposed" to feel about anything. You either do or you dont, and there is no wrong. Its very basic to say that you are without a doubt connected to Providence (Source, Creator or whatever you call it) and you can experience delight in that. It is even more basic to say that everyone else is too, and we are all connected one in the same through Providence or Source. You can also take delight there, but only if you feel it, your not "supposed" to.

Edited by Spiritus Spacium, 28 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

.                                                                              Posted Image

#7    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostSilentHunter, on 27 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Hi All

I've been watching a very good series on Youtube covering the Jewish version of Kabbalah. Its spread over 20 episodes and each is about 25 mins long - https://www.youtube....h?v=i5sObhIolik

Summary - Kabbalah isn't a religion is a philosophical system allowing people to understand the relationship between the creator and created. By tweaking this relationship (so as to live in balance with God) changes occur in the persons reality.

The essentials - Kabbalah is the idea that originally there was a single mind but it broke up. One part split off and exists in higher reality which is what people mistake for being a God. The remainder shattered into millions of peices becoming what we mistake for our own individual minds. The shattering was caused by egoism and the process is explained in the Youtube Vids.

Bestower - Kabbalah says that the higher mind likes to bestow delight onto the lower minds but people reject it because of their egoism. In fact their egoism stops them even seeing that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto them. They reject it and as such the higher mind punishes them by making them suffer. The aim of the suffering is to cause a crises moment in the person where out of despair they open themselves to the higher mind and accept the delight being bestowed onto them instead of resisting.

Desire to Bestow - Kabbalah is about teaching people to put aside their ego and see what is really going on in the world. By recognising that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto you, by accepting it and by feeling the rejoice at having delight bestowed upon not you but all minds reality changes.

Its supposed to be occult knowledge. Anybody know a lot about this stuff? Have I got it exactly right?

Fascinating.... I'm a kabbalahist and didn't even know it.

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#8    Al Salooq

Al Salooq

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostJack Skellington, on 28 November 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Fascinating.... I'm a kabbalahist and didn't even know it.

Really? This is a core description

#9    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

really, silenthunter's definitions and his question to greenmansgod are very good. like he has been studying it for a long time and knowing very much of it.

Posted Image

#10    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

All I've watched is the first segment so far, but it rings right within me.

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#11    SilentHunter

SilentHunter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postthyra, on 28 November 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

really, silenthunter's definitions and his question to greenmansgod are very good. like he has been studying it for a long time and knowing very much of it.

Nope, I watched up to episode 15 over a couple of days and thats it lmao.

#12    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostSilentHunter, on 29 November 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Nope, I watched up to episode 15 over a couple of days and thats it lmao.

Yes, possible. Some people can manage to stay sharp when studying kabbalah. I had almost forgotten how to count the numbers up to ten.

Posted Image

#13    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I've watched the first three!  That makes me some kind of junior Jewish wizard.  With 15 down, I think that makes you an orange belt.

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#14    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,344 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostSilentHunter, on 28 November 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

The experience of delight is a natural consequence of acknowledging this supreme force/source and spending time in its presence/ learning and practising the teachings. In coming to understanding of our relation to it you embrace it more and more for yourself and realize it is also available to everyone else. It is still egotistical to think that another person is "required" to do anything about acknowleging that source, but by you having worked on your own relationship with the divine your eyes will be opened to the state of others as well and you will be an instrument or example or instruction, as well as a conduit of prayer which isalso very signicant, to help others achieve their own delight in God.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 29 November 2013 - 03:55 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#15    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Perhaps the first step towards finding delight in God is the discovery or realization of God's delight in you.

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users