Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Godess worship:snake dance

m namasivayam

sami attam: a devotee is dancing inside the temple premises for getting conceived with the blessings of the goddesses angala parameswari amman,melmalayanyr,tamilnadu

video link

post-51487-0-75442800-1385732367_thumb.j

post-51487-0-34672500-1385732391_thumb.j

post-51487-0-04427900-1385732413_thumb.j

post-51487-0-94998000-1385732433_thumb.j

Edited by muthuthevar namasivayam
  • Like 1

Domba dance of West Africa Yoruba tradition.

• Like 1

I was going to post a link to the cobra dance from the movie Bride & Prejudice, just because it's funny, but don't want to offend anyone. I think the story of the Garden of Eden has caused a lot of people to have negative reactions to serpents, but other cultures see snakes as symbols of re-birth, renewal, change, wisdom. It's all in what we bring to the party. I'm guessing the woman in the first video was in a trance?

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

I was going to post a link to the cobra dance from the movie Bride & Prejudice, just because it's funny, but don't want to offend anyone. I think the story of the Garden of Eden has caused a lot of people to have negative reactions to serpents, but other cultures see snakes as symbols of re-birth, renewal, change, wisdom. It's all in what we bring to the party. I'm guessing the woman in the first video was in a trance?

yes Edited by muthuthevar namasivayam

goddess worship: sami attam

a devotee performing sami attam and bless people with lemon for cleansing evil spirit. he also inserting trisul on his toungue and take agni satti(fire pot)in his hand as nerthikadan to angala parameswari amman,melmalayanur,tamilnadu,india

Branches of christianity in the american south also do this.

My grandfather, specifically was head of a group who would make the snakes bite them, drink strychnine, speak in tounges all that stuff.

Branches of christianity in the american south also do this.

My grandfather, specifically was head of a group who would make the snakes bite them, drink strychnine, speak in tounges all that stuff.

nice to hear from you

a devotee dressed like goddess and took fire pot on hand walking around the temple premises. During his walk he put his steps on the people's back. people believed that their sins will be cleansed if his foot touched their back.A unique ritual at angala parameswari amman temple,melmalayanur,tamilnadu

a devotee performing holy dance at angala parameswari amman temple premises for getting the blessings of the goddess