Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Black Friday madness

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,844 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

So I guess I had never really watched these Black Friday videos before. Maybe a news clip here or there but I've mostly just read about them. So I finally decided to watch a few. The one I'm posting is a compilation from last year. There are already a bunch of videos from today out there. They all seem similar but seeing the clips strung together makes you feel it in scale. This is madness. You can't stop it though. Nobody can tell these companies that they can't have a sale. I doubt the big corporations are going to come together and sign an end to Black Friday treaty. I don't know. Just stay away is what I'll do. Seeing people act like this is really disturbing.

And here's a dozen more from today.
http://www.theblaze....the-day-so-far/

#2    thyra

thyra

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Why is it disturbing?

Posted Image

#3    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostF3SS, on 29 November 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

So I guess I had never really watched these Black Friday videos before. Maybe a news clip here or there but I've mostly just read about them. So I finally decided to watch a few. The one I'm posting is a compilation from last year. There are already a bunch of videos from today out there. They all seem similar but seeing the clips strung together makes you feel it in scale. This is madness. You can't stop it though. Nobody can tell these companies that they can't have a sale. I doubt the big corporations are going to come together and sign an end to Black Friday treaty. I don't know. Just stay away is what I'll do. Seeing people act like this is really disturbing.

And here's a dozen more from today.
http://www.theblaze....the-day-so-far/

It is disturbing, and ironic that this occurs one day (and now the same day) as the U.S.'s national holiday of being thankful for what you have.

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,272 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

POPULAR

It's disturbing because some people act like complete idiots just because stuff goes 'on sale'.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Well, not everyone acts like this. My in laws go to Black Friday, at the local Wal Mart, and although there were some ******** most were courteous and polite. A lady even saved my MIL place in line, while she got some movies for the grandkids. The only thing that was bad, were the Wal Mart workers who didn't even know what they had on sale.....grrrrrr.....

#6    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,103 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

My god...we are literally just consumers. We don't hunt or gather, rarely do we do anything that benefits humanity as a whole, our basic survival skills are long gone..

Here's another good one:

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#7    Swanee

Swanee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I want to see fights! I want to see brawls!! I want to see what hoardes of animals walmart has BROUGHT US BACK to being... like cavemen... we all shall be Wal-Slaves one day.

#8    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostSwanee, on 29 November 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

I want to see fights! I want to see brawls!! I want to see what hoardes of animals walmart has BROUGHT US BACK to being... like cavemen... we all shall be Wal-Slaves one day.

As much criticism as I have for a lot of corporations in the U.S., this yearly event is on the people of this country.

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,346 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

People buying things they don`t really need, people getting into a frenzy over something they do not even want , but others have gone into a frenzy....and it just seemed the "thing" to do.
What a well and truly advance civilized society we are not.

#10    Swanee

Swanee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Thats true.,.. Why is a pregnant woman at the front running in... then she fell and had to be hospitalized... idiot... only in detroit. she may have done it on purpose.

#11    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Just my opinion:
But  when it comes to worldwide team sports and all the violent fan behavior, that is somehow different? Why?

Should we ban certain team sports? How many fans watched American football on Turkey Day. How many (teams, announcers, fans in the stands, stadium workers, refs, etc) were away from family that day? How many fans get drunk and fight the game out again later or in the parking lot or stands?

It is a small world. And ugly human behavior is not simply a product of or limited to a Black Friday in November involving shoppers.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 29 November 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

The whole thing is absurd.  The same deals can be found online or have been running in those same stores for several days already.   The big "hook" items (50" TV for $150, for example) are in VERY limited quantities - maybe 3-4 a store - and you have to be at the very front of the line to get them.  And that same $150 TV will probably be only $200 next week - opportunity costs my friend.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,103 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostRafterman, on 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

The whole thing is absurd.  The same deals can be found online or have been running in those same stores for several days already.   The big "hook" items (50" TV for $150, for example) are in VERY limited quantities - maybe 3-4 a store - and you have to be at the very front of the line to get them.  And that same $150 TV will probably be only $200 next week - opportunity costs my friend.

Agreed. Apparently the biggest competitor for "brick and mortar" stores isn't each other, but online stores like Amazon. More people are choosing to just stay home and shop which is driving the big box places nuts.

Also, the deals suck this year. You're right about the TV's for sure. All my favorite electronics places are having MASSIVE SALES 50% OFF!!!!!!1111

...USB sticks and last-gen cameras.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#14    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 29 November 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

My god...we are literally just consumers. We don't hunt or gather, rarely do we do anything that benefits humanity as a whole, our basic survival skills are long gone..

Here's another good one:

hahahah watch 3 mins till 3,35 ,, damn thats scary ,, imagine those are zombies haahahahah

#15    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostRafterman, on 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

That's true.

The Wal Mart near me, nothing was as it was advertised. The employees didn't know what was advertised. They only had 8 of the nabi tablets for $99 and nothing, I mean nothing, on the ad said they were limited to so many customers! I'm not a materialistic person by any means, but, when my little boy wants something for Christmas, he will get it, come hell or high water.
My MIL wanted to get a tv for me and my husband, for our new House but they didn't have it, and acted like it didn't exist. Idiots. She just ordered it online when she came home.
They'll probably have these same deals a few days from now, especially online. People just need to take a deep breath, and realize you won't look good in stripes for hitting someone for taking the last $150 flat screen TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users