Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why China is fixated on the Moon

moon chang`e chang`e 3 yutu

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,961 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Why China is fixated on the Moon

www.bbc.co.uk said:

The Moon could be a "beautiful" source of minerals and energy, a top Chinese scientist has told the BBC.

Exotic materials including helium-3 and the potential for solar power could prove invaluable for humankind, he says.

The comments come from Prof Ouyang Ziyuan of the department of lunar and deep space exploration.

His first interview with the foreign media provides insights into China's usually secretive space programme.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,362 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

They want to paint it red with a few stars on it.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,831 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

moon cakes ain't never gonna taste the same again ~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,329 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

He mentions the solar panels, well this could be good news, the Chinese could follow and work with the Japanese on this one, after they have resolved their disputes on Earth over airspace.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,547 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

I think  we need to wait and see if their rover actually makes its landing first..

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,831 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

let's not get ahead of ourselves ... let's just focus on the lift off first ... then the orbiting the moon ... etc etc etc ... and etc etc till the successful return of the taikonauts ~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#7    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,961 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 December 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

and etc etc till the successful return of the taikonauts ~
What talkonauts? It's an unmanned mission.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#8    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,831 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 01 December 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

What talkonauts? It's an unmanned mission.

You are looking at it from the perspective of a singular mission ... we are looking at it as an endeavor in its entirety ... manned missions is part of the plans ...

'

#9    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,147 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

,,, just because they want to investigate if it can be eaten somehow.

"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"Don't kill the golden goose." - Malcolm McLaren -
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"I will give you my finest hour, oh yeah!" - Blondie -

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,547 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Blast off  :tu:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-25178299

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#11    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,961 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 December 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

manned missions is part of the plans ...
Not officially.

China has expressed a desire to EVENTUALLY send a crew to the Moon, but it is not part of their current planning.

They do not have a booster with the capability to even send a Shenzhou on a mission to lunar orbit, never mind to land a crew there.

China's current plans are for a space station. The core module of that station is unlikely to be launched before 2018 (they don't have a launcher with enough lift for that yet either). Completion of the station is likely around 2022.

Realistically it is a decade before China will even decide IF it wants to send crew to the Moon.

By all means look to the bigger picture, but look to the real one, not a fictional one.

Posted Image
Click on button

#12    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

At least china is doing something ,NASA just stopped sending ships in space. We have to ride with the Russia's if we wanna go in to space

#13    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

They eventually want to land a man on the moon....  because it's never been done before.  :no:

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#14    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 30,961 posts

Oscar Wilde

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 02 December 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

At least china is doing something ,NASA just stopped sending ships in space. We have to ride with the Russia's if we wanna go in to space

Not true.

Whilst NASA currently need Russia for CREWED missions it still leads the world in unmanned exploration. NASA currently has 2 rovers on Mars and 2 Martian orbiters with another on the way. Two spacecraft orbiting the Moon. A spacecraft orbiting Mercury. A spacecraft orbiting Saturn. A spacecraft exploring the asteroid belts. A spacecraft on it's way to Jupiter and another on it's way to Pluto.

The USA is currently working on not one but FOUR new manned spacecraft.

Talk of NASA's demise is highly exaggerated.

Posted Image
Click on button

#15    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 01 December 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Not officially.

China has expressed a desire to EVENTUALLY send a crew to the Moon, but it is not part of their current planning.

They do not have a booster with the capability to even send a Shenzhou on a mission to lunar orbit, never mind to land a crew there.

China's current plans are for a space station. The core module of that station is unlikely to be launched before 2018 (they don't have a launcher with enough lift for that yet either). Completion of the station is likely around 2022.

Realistically it is a decade before China will even decide IF it wants to send crew to the Moon.

Are you speaking on behalf of the China Space program or your opinion/believes of the capabilities of the China Space Program ?

By all means look to the bigger picture, but look to the real one, not a fictional one.

Care to elaborate on your definition of 'real' and 'fiction' here ?

~

'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users